Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: 200mg conti utrogestan not controlling bleeding or discharge  (Read 17633 times)

Sage 🍃

Re: 200mg conti utrogestan not controlling bleeding or discharge
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2020, 09:04:33 PM »

I've got it and have quoted you on my reply. Don't be sorry, we're here to help, at least we try  :)

So what's 'reliable in determining womb lining thickness', according to her?

Dandelion

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2020, 09:28:10 PM »

I've got it and have quoted you on my reply. Don't be sorry, we're here to help, at least we try  :)

So what's 'reliable in determining womb lining thickness', according to her?
Thank you, you are very kind.
She said women with abnormal bleeding are sent for hysteroscopy.
I had my hysteroscopy by general anaesthetic as I specifically requested as I heard it was agony.
Nowadays I hear it is done using paracetamol and ibuprofen, (I can't take that) I read that you have to pay for general anaesthetic.
I have a stenosed cervix according to my gynaecologist, he tried to get a really thin implement in there, thinner than a straw and my cervix would not let him in.
I dread the thought of being awake and having another hysteroscopy and having them use dilators while I am awake.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2020, 11:19:16 AM »

Hi Dandelion, how are you doing? Hope the bleeding has stopped!

I'm sure you'll be offered sedation if you have anxiety issues during a hysteroscopy, otherwise they won't be able to perform the procedure.  I suppose hysteroscopy is more reliable than transvaginal scan when there's unscheduled bleeding involved, although I think it's still widely used for endometrium measurement, but I could be wrong.

Dandelion

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2020, 11:22:29 AM »

Hi Dandelion, how are you doing? Hope the bleeding has stopped!

I'm sure you'll be offered sedation if you have anxiety issues during a hysteroscopy, otherwise they won't be able to perform the procedure.  I suppose hysteroscopy is more reliable than transvaginal scan when there's unscheduled bleeding involved, although I think it's still widely used for endometrium measurement, but I could be wrong.
Hi Sage thanks for asking

I can't take sedation during a hystersocopy as it would be a benzodiazepine like the valium I am addicted to.
I thought the bleeding had stopped for a day but it has come back.
How can they give me a hysteroscopy when my cervix is closed, they would need to dilate it, and that would be far too painful awake.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2020, 11:41:56 AM »

I think they would have to use a local anaesthetic for dilation. If they still can't do the procedure you would have to get a GA.

Dandelion

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2020, 11:53:29 AM »

I think they would have to use a local anaesthetic for dilation. If they still can't do the procedure you would have to get a GA.
I've heard lots of women say a local doesn't work. I hope I don't need one, I just want it to stop coming back.
I halved my oestrogen and sometimes get night sweats so it's not as if I am using too much oestrogen, dunno why my womb won't behave like a 54 year old womb and stop bleeding randomly.
It's been going on 2 months now.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2020, 12:11:21 PM »

Sorry if you have already replied to this question, can't remember now, are you sure you're not still perimenopausal?

Dandelion

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2020, 12:16:59 PM »

Sorry if you have already replied to this question, can't remember now, are you sure you're not still perimenopausal?
It's ok, I'm definitely post-menopausal.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2020, 12:29:06 PM »

Thank you! So, you really need to get this investigated, not that I think it's anything sinister, but you can't keep bleeding and stressing about it, given your anxiety issues. Do you have any support from family, friends?

Dandelion

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2020, 12:33:18 PM »

Thank you! So, you really need to get this investigated, not that I think it's anything sinister, but you can't keep bleeding and stressing about it, given your anxiety issues. Do you have any support from family, friends?
No, it's just that I have so many other stressors, non medical and other medical, that I just can't face it at the moment.
I can't understand why after decreasing my oestrogen twice, and getting sweats, the progesterone is not seeming to do it's job. I insert one vaginally. I can't even change delivery method and it will mess with my receptors. I just want a clean pad and for it not to come back then I may get the courage to go to the doctors. It happened in March stopped, then back again.
It's the fact that the GP's have so little time as well.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2020, 01:07:21 PM »

Maybe you're bleeding because you have changed doses too soon. Give it more time to settle and don't change anything. Keep us posted, will you?

Dandelion

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2020, 01:36:43 PM »

Maybe you're bleeding because you have changed doses too soon. Give it more time to settle and don't change anything. Keep us posted, will you?
Hi Sage
I've been on the same dose since April, that was the last time I changed, hoping bleeding would go. Sweats came back which gave me hope that I am not on too much oestrogen but blood won't go away.

Uptick

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2020, 01:45:14 PM »

Hi Dandelion, are you on any other meds, besides Valium and HRT?

Dandelion

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2020, 01:47:24 PM »

Hi Dandelion, are you on any other meds, besides Valium and HRT?
None x

Uptick

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2020, 02:01:57 PM »

That's good, I don't know if stress, anxiety, depression can influence endometrium and bleeding when you're on HRT, but I'm sure they can influence our ovaries. Maybe you still have ovary function, I certainly can tell that mine are still cycling somehow, albeit with very low levels of hormones. I'm 4 years postmenopause and I can feel small surges of energy, libido and general well being. Have your ovaries been seen during scan?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11