Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HRT OUT OF STOCK AGAIN  (Read 1324 times)

Pmj 28

HRT OUT OF STOCK AGAIN
« on: August 19, 2020, 05:37:48 AM »

Hi ladies, went to get my hrt and  told they are out of stock again I am on elleste duet 2mg,  I have managed to get 28 from another pharmacy, have been  on line and there all out of stock
I have all ready had too change hrt  few times because my others where no longer available I know with what is happening at the moment does not help.
I have been on the over year now and doing fine on them just hope they will be back in stock before I need some more.
Paula 

Hurdity

Re: HRT OUT OF STOCK AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 07:48:20 AM »

Hi pmj28

The last update we had from the British Menopause Society about HRT supply and shortages can be found here  - 22nd June:
https://thebms.org.uk/2020/06/british-menopause-society-further-update-on-hrt-supply-shortages-20th-june-2020/

This is what it said about Elleste Duet 2 mg:

"Elleste Duet™ 2mg estradiol + 1mg norethisterone acetate. Expected return Q4 2020". So this is why it is out of stock as supplies run out.

It also says this:

"Mylan has a dedicated website for healthcare professionals, which has up-to-date information about current supply of their HRTs & useful webinars. The overview of stock availability page can be accessed on: https://mywayhub.co.uk/en-gb/range"

Although this website (MM) lists Clinorette as an alternative with the same active ingredients at the same dose - it's not on the BMS list and nor on the medicines database so may have been discontinued?

Hopefully you will be able to get more in the autumn - and when you need them.

Hope this helps.

Hurdity x

Pmj 28

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 05:38:04 AM »

Thank you, will have a look ,just when you think that it is all sorted it happens again
Paula

Sunriser

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 04:24:07 PM »

Hi, I’ve just been prescribed Estelle duet, I’m a HRT newbie, but I’ve been told there are manufacturing problems with it? Hope you get sorted out soon!  :bighug:
I’ll have to try another one, getting GP to call me on Monday to see what the availability alternatives are.

Pmj 28

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 08:07:06 PM »

Hope you get sorted, been told should be back in stock in December just hope I can fine some. Do not want to have to change again it will be the third time if I do .
Paula

Katty

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 08:58:17 AM »

Kliofem is exactly the same as Elleste Duet Contin.