Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Can HRT make flushes worse  (Read 814 times)

lisa_w

Can HRT make flushes worse
« on: July 25, 2020, 10:37:04 AM »

hi ladies, I'm just about finished my 3rd month if novofem 1mg ....the flushes and sweats over the past few weeks are continues
I'm not sleeping and when I do usually about I fall asleep I wake up soaking..then after a few seconds of being awake the sweat starts again to pour off me.
I have a million other symptoms,  but these are Defford getting worse and I don't know if its the hrt that is causing it 😔 xx

LouLou

Re: Can HRT make flushes worse
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 07:02:56 PM »

Hi Lisa
My understanding is that HRT is supposed to stop these symptoms, hence the reason for taking HRT.
My flushes/night sweats stop on HRT, along with other symptoms- perhaps the form of HRT you’re taking isn’t suitable for you?🤔

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 09:12:40 PM »

If it isn't doing anything either you need a higher dose of oestrogen or the progesterone doesn't agree with you (I think it's conti?). I would expect flushes to go within a week or two.

lisa_w

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 11:09:10 AM »

Thank you both,  I'm really not sure what to do ...its definitely got much worse so not sure if its the hrt, or a change in my hormones again...Will try and speak to a gp this week but to be honest they ate hopeless xx