Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: HRT heavy periods  (Read 1126 times)

Tracey68

• First Flush
HRT heavy periods
« on: July 03, 2020, 02:45:01 PM »

Hi I've started HRT  which I take every day the hormone switches after 14 days I've been on the 29 days and had a bleed today which is moderate but painful  is this normal  anyone else had the same  my last period was March and was very light

Taz2

Re: HRT heavy periods
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 03:19:00 PM »

Hi Tracey68.

You are on a sequential HRT which gives most women a monthly bleed. This usually happens within a few days of starting the new box of patches i.e. after finishing the combined patch - mine used to be three days after but some women find their bleed comes even before they finish the last patch. You may find that for the first couple of months your bleed is heavier and more painful than normal but this should settle down. The advice is to try each HRT for at least three months before you decide whether it is the right one for you. This is because it can take at least three months to really settle down.

You will find lots of advice and support on here so please ask anything you need to know and someone will be around to answer or just give support.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Tracey68

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 03:25:52 PM »

Thanks Taz  I phoned my GP  who I think is new and didnt read my notes properly ( it was a phone consultion)  he told me I needed to have a scan of my womb because bleeding wasnt normal, I knew it was but didnt question him  I'm still going for the scan but thanks again you've put my mind at ease 

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 03:27:46 PM »

Yes a scan will be good anyway so I agree you should still go. It's nice to see how things are.

Which HRT are you on? Maybe you'd like to introduce yourself on the new members page when you have time. More members will spot you then and welcome you.

Taz x

Tracey68

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 03:42:50 PM »

Hi  Femiston 1/10