Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Struggling atm...  (Read 1538 times)

Julia45

Struggling atm...
« on: July 01, 2020, 07:37:53 PM »

Hi ladies, I'm new to this forum.
I'm currently suffering with Labrynthitis (vertigo, nausea, tinnitus from inner ear virus) as well as going through the perimenopause). I've now got a headache....which I'm sure is from tension or hormones. I don't usually suffer with them. it's on my right hand side and has not shifted after taking two lots of paracetamol. How do tension or hormonal headaches usually present? I feel like I'm falling apart! Had Labrynthitis for just over two weeks. I always think things are sinister.
I'm usually a fit and healthy 45 year old but feel like I'm falling apart!

jaypo

Re: Struggling atm...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 07:41:22 PM »

Hiya and welcome,are you taking anything for your labyrinthitis? I was prescribed stugeron and it worked within a couple of days,it's a travel sickness tablet but you take a higher dose of 2 tablets 3 times a day,I had it for 10 days( dizziness) and went to dr who put me on those and what a relief when it lifted

Julia45

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 07:46:02 PM »

I bought a packet of Stugeron but only took two tablets in a day. Didn't really do anything.....because I obviously need to take a higher dose. Did it give you side effects? The tinnitus I'm having is so loud! I just want this whole thing gone. Did you have a headache? So scared it's something worse than Labrynthitis...

PMDD

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 07:55:11 PM »

I also have tinnitus, with the most itchy ears ever....and wooziness when my oestrogen levels are low. I hope it helps just to know you are not alone with these symptoms xx

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 07:56:27 PM »

Please try to not panic,health anxiety gets to a lot of us,including me....big time,tinnitus can cause headaches but so can meno, I had no issues with the stugeron but I took the two tablets 3 times a day for over a week,if you look at the info with the stugeron you'll see that is the dose for dizziness,so ignore the dosage on the outside of the packet

Julia45

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 08:14:40 PM »

Thank you so much for your replies. I usually only have very low tinnitus but because of the lab it's much, much louder. Yes, I suffer with health anxiety; my mind is ridiculous!
I'm going to try the higher dose of Stugeron then, starting tomorrow. Thanks !

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 08:23:23 PM »

Good girl,give it a few days,please let me know how you get on.Dont worry, I know how difficult it is,most of us on here suffer health anxiety,when you feel up to it,look at the funny side of menopause and go to the thread...things we've diagnosed ourselves with,we're all falling to bits

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 08:43:25 PM »

Welcome Julia45.  Your headaches could be due to vestibular issues.  I have Menieres Disease which is a chronic disorder of the inner ear.  It is a difficult syndrome to dx but the main symptom is vertigo.  Do you get a 'full ear' before attack?  A full ear is like going by plane and your ears start to plug up.  The good news is that these conditions can be treated (never cured).  You should see an ENT to sort it out.  There is a product called Serc that several people find great.  I didn't.  After violent vertigo attacks, I had my vestibular destroyed via gentamiacin injections into the inner ear.  20 years later and still completely symptom free.  Don't leave it. 

Julia45

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 07:31:37 AM »

Thanks for your replies; I read through the self-diagnosis posts....very funny! That's me all over.

No, I didn't have a full-ear attack. I noticed my usually quiet tinnitus got louder for a couple of weeks and then BOOM, screaming tinnitus, dizziness and nausea. Still with me over two weeks later. ENT said about three weeks and the symptoms will start easing (fingers crossed). I'm just hoping the headache I had last night (on my right hand side) was hormonal and not a sign of anything sinister. I never have headaches like that!

jaypo

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 07:40:14 AM »

As we hit meno,many things can go wrong with a drop in oestrogen,including migraine but never leave things and just put it down to meno always speak to a dr if at all worried
Haha glad you had a look at that thread,as you can tell,most of us should be dead but nope,we're still all here  ;D

Julia45

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 07:53:14 AM »

Thanks for your advice and support. I went to Dr last week who did a full blood investigation. All blood came back normal....She said if something was wrong the indicators would be raised? Health anxiety is a bugger: I need about 25 different Dr reassurances. Unless I have a full body scan, I'm not happy. Lol.

jaypo

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 08:00:52 AM »

Haha omg that is sooooo me,I've had X-rays,scans,colonoscopies,mri's and I'm still sure they've missed something but there comes a point when your body gives up being on high alert all the time,it's just so exhausting

Julia45

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 08:06:14 AM »

Yep...I get on my own nerves. I'm coming to the conclusion that ?what will be will be?. I defo need to do Yoga/meditation to calm. My headache has subsided this morning although I can still feel my scalp tender from it. Blood pressure back to normal (yes, I have a machine) haha!
I'm so in love with life I don't want anything to spoil it....but I'm spoiling it due to worrying about my life being ruined by something. Cycle of insanity.

jaypo

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 08:12:30 AM »

You're really not alone on here,so so many of us the same,like you, I love my life and every day,I'm like...omg what's that,is that a lump? Omg what is that pain,yep, I drive myself crazy,although I'm better than I used to be,you pee yourself off in the end  ;D Oh yes, I have a BP monitor too  ;D ;D I normally have low BP but one time it was normal and I panicked  ;D ;D omg,like I said,you do get on your own nerves after a while.Look on the lighter threads,meet some of the women,they're a great bunch and when I joined over 2 years ago I was in the pits,anxiety,panic,depression and if it wasn't for these ladies,not sure where I'd be,so join in the other discussions,introduce yourself and they WILL help if they can xx

Julia45

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2020, 08:45:24 AM »

Thank you so much, fellow health-worrier! I will do that!
Pages: [1] 2