Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 682 times)

Sunriser

Hi everyone
« on: June 26, 2020, 09:41:57 AM »

Hi all, glad to find you all here.
Phoned my GP yesterday as a friend joined the dots for me with my various symptoms and thought I could be in peri menopause. My GP confirmed it and directed me to this site.
I'm 50 and have been putting on weight, not sleeping well, having heat but not sweats, lately becoming very irrational and crying at everything. Also seem to be having IBS pain (alleviated by Buscopan) and a worsening of psoriasis. I have an auto immune condition which explains the psoriasis but not sure if psoriasis can get worse in peri menopause?

jaypo

Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 11:23:02 AM »

Hi sunriser and welcome to the forum,you can pop anything into the browser and you'll find an answer to pretty much anything,between us all,we've suffered most things  ::) All your symptoms sound pretty normal,make sure you take a good vitamin  supplement
IBS covers a huge range of symptoms,I was diagnosed with it over 25 years ago but just lately found out I've food intolerances,which can also start as we hit meno,so maybe keep a food diary for a couple of weeks and see if there's a pattern to your stomach issues x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 01:05:13 PM »

Hi Join in.  Make notes ;-)  :welcomemm:

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful.  Do read the threads on bladder issues and vaginal atrophy  ;) - forewarned is forearmed.

Hormones can certainly affect the gut: 10 mins. prior to a bleed starting I would have to dash to the loo with the 'runs', even if a period wasn't due.