Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Think I?m peri menopause  (Read 1033 times)

Sharon fegan

• First Flush
Think I?m peri menopause
« on: June 03, 2020, 02:46:53 PM »

Hi I'm new to this group, I'm 48, periods irregular, for example one period for 12 days nothing for 7 weeks then period for 4 days, anxiety through the roof , feeling low , hot flushes but don't know if that's the anxiety, no appetite, I've been on antidepressants for around 8 years now , due to hormones , does anyone think I'm perimenepause

Taz2

Re: Think I?m peri menopause
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 07:57:45 PM »

Hi Sharon. Yes it sounds like it to me. Irregular periods are often one of the first signs. Hot flushes can happen quite early on for some women too. Lack of appetite can be caused by the anxiety which often starts or gets worse during peri.

Have a good look around the site for more info and ask any questions and we'll try to answer them.

Taz x   :welcomemm:

Tc

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 08:33:18 PM »

Welcome sharon.  You could well be. .
 Might I suggest that when the doc surgerys re open maybe visit your gp to discuss your symptoms and your possible options. In the meantime you will find lots of support here.  Maybe also take a look at the information on the home pages.  It cant hurt to research a bit before you see your doctor.

Keep posting. And as taz says ask anything you want. Best wishes.

JulieDF

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 12:53:50 PM »

Hi
I am exactly the same age.  My worst symptom was also anxiety - I had never really experienced anything like it before (Never took anything for anxiety or depression before - so I think definitely menopause related).  I was waking up anxious - for absolutely no reason.  I'm still struggling to get dose of HRT right worked really well at the start then the symptoms returned.  Just upped to 2/10 mg Femoston and still very anxious also with abdominal pain.
Hope things settle down for you soon
Julie x

Foxylady

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 02:48:04 PM »

Hi Sharon fegan, welcome to MM! From what you say it does sound like you are peri menopausal. Have a good look on the website and through the forum for anything specific you are wanting advice/support on. I have found it immensley useful & wish I had known about it years ago. There are lots of different things you could try yourself (diet/exercise etc) to see if they make any difference to your symptoms, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. For me a combination of things have made the difference for me and improved my symptoms greatly. All the best. x