Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 423

Author Topic: Wild Birds and all things to do with Nature  (Read 1125214 times)

Taz2

Re: Wild Birds and all things to do with Nature
« Reply #4410 on: March 23, 2019, 06:26:31 PM »

Not sure Wasps are attracted to fear to be honest but you never can tell with nature.

Taz 🐝 x

Two hoots

« Reply #4411 on: March 23, 2019, 06:30:36 PM »

I am terrified of spiders, I don't care if I'm bigger  ;D I check under my pillow every night for them, that's after I've had a good look in all the corners of the bedroom  ::) if I find one I yell for help to kill it, you might say don't kill them but I'm sorry I'd kill every last one if I could, I thing they are horrible  :-\

Moray eels give me the same creepy/shuddering feeling  :-\ my son loved visiting aquariums, I've been to more than you've had hot dinners, always had to do a quick sweep just in case  there was a large eel tank  :o

jaypo

« Reply #4412 on: March 23, 2019, 06:42:26 PM »

I don't mind spiders but won't go to sleep if I see one in my bedroom,my OH has got to catch it and chuck it out the window,we had one once in our sink and I'm not exaggerating it was about 5” across,even my stepson who likes all things creepy crawly,stepped back,they're HUUUUGE in Wiltshire

Two hoots

« Reply #4413 on: March 23, 2019, 06:55:18 PM »

:o :o :o :o :o

Taz2

« Reply #4414 on: March 23, 2019, 06:57:22 PM »

I like the scratchy noise they make crawling on the wallpaper..🕷️

Taz X  ;D

Two hoots

« Reply #4415 on: March 23, 2019, 07:01:13 PM »

I like the scratchy noise they make crawling on the wallpaper..🕷️

Taz X  ;D

Nightmare  :'( I just yell KILL

jaypo

« Reply #4416 on: March 23, 2019, 07:03:03 PM »

Taaaaaaazzzzz you're mean 😂

Taz2

« Reply #4417 on: March 23, 2019, 08:02:02 PM »

;D Sorry! However I am scared of hearing a thunderstorm rumbling away in the distance..creeping ever closer..

Taz x

Shadyglade

« Reply #4418 on: March 23, 2019, 08:47:24 PM »

Saw our resident Hedgehog tonight. My husband nearly trod on him when he went out to feed the birds. So pleased made it through the winter.

Taz2

« Reply #4419 on: March 23, 2019, 08:52:14 PM »

That's good news.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4420 on: March 23, 2019, 09:24:15 PM »

:ola:  our night camera failed this week  >:( so no shots caught .......... I have been out and put food down for ours - 2 so far  :P

Now spiders ....... many ++ years ago we heard a noise on a newspaper by the bed, sounded like a mouse.  Nope, it was the largest spider that we had ever seen B4 or since even in a tank at a zoo  ;D.  We put a pint glass over it, still the legs stuck out all around and it didn't want to go outside.  It kept trying to crawl back indoors  :o  ;D

Eels I can stand but not octopus  :-X [we eat eels ;-)]

Shadyglade

« Reply #4421 on: March 23, 2019, 09:27:00 PM »

Where did you get your night camera from CLKD. Was it expensive. I have been thinking of getting one for the other half's birthday.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4422 on: March 23, 2019, 09:30:10 PM »

Not really expensive.  We saw them at The Bird Fair years ago and bought it from One Stop Nature Stop on the North Norfolk Coast road.  Have a look-see on the web and compare, as there are several types now.  Ours has colour in the day and b/w at night.  Takes stills or movies.  On a small stand and totally water proof.  The ones we have run on 4 small batteries.  We view it via the lap top [somehow  ;D]

JL may sell them as will various bird watching shops, maybe RSPB? or Simon who does the wildlife films for the BBC whose surname escapes me
? King ?

Two hoots

« Reply #4423 on: March 24, 2019, 12:25:03 AM »

Yuk eels but octopus are fascinating, I watched one for ages in an aquarium, it had a tiny little container that he could get into, how he got a big body and all this legs in was amazing  :o ;D

Shadyglade

« Reply #4424 on: March 24, 2019, 06:54:35 AM »

Not really expensive.  We saw them at The Bird Fair years ago and bought it from One Stop Nature Stop on the North Norfolk Coast road.  Have a look-see on the web and compare, as there are several types now.  Ours has colour in the day and b/w at night.  Takes stills or movies.  On a small stand and totally water proof.  The ones we have run on 4 small batteries.  We view it via the lap top [somehow  ;D]

JL may sell them as will various bird watching shops, maybe RSPB? or Simon who does the wildlife films for the BBC whose surname escapes me
? King ?

Thank you. I will check out the RSPB site, I think.
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 423