Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 422

Author Topic: Wild Birds and all things to do with Nature  (Read 1110068 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Wild Birds and all things to do with Nature
« Reply #645 on: November 01, 2010, 07:56:55 PM »

The Autumnal colours are FAB U LUS this year.  We drove around Bedfordshire on Sat. and it was almost worth stopping to breath it all in  :).  Now it's raining  >:(

How's the chicken Meggie?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 08:04:19 PM by CLKD »

ariadne

« Reply #646 on: November 01, 2010, 08:16:13 PM »

Yes, aren't the trees just gorgeous right now? So bright and so many different shades of gold and red. It's almost like Mother Nature is showing off just what she can do.

It really makes you catch your breath doesn't it? And then 5 o'clock comes and it's all shrouded in darkness. :( I hate winter bringing darkness so early. It makes for such a long night.

Taz2

« Reply #647 on: November 01, 2010, 08:26:22 PM »

I have been really quiet about the clocks changing and the Winter drawing in.... but I love it. I am in my element at the minute but the days are rushing past too quickly. Time for the October poem....

Taz x

Meggie

« Reply #648 on: November 02, 2010, 09:12:08 AM »

......................... How's the chicken Meggie?

Hi CLKD

Ginger Rogers is fine in herself, eating, drinking and laying her egg before she gets up in the morning.  We know it's hers as she sleeps in one particular box, every night and is still there in the morning - when we let the "girls" out of their house she holds back and keeps returning to the egg as if to say "Look what I've done Mum".  So sweet ....... then we have to drop the egg in the dustbin which we'll have to do for another month due to the antibiotics.  The lump between her claws has reduced and is not as red but it hasn't gone and we've reached the point whereby she won't be having any more treatment - as you said before, a costly "chook".   A neighbour has said he'll do "you know what" when the time comes !!  Boo Hoo.

Meggie

CLKD

« Reply #649 on: November 02, 2010, 09:17:07 AM »

Have you tried the boiled tepid water ?  With some salt in?  If she's otherwise healthy hopefully this Course will do the trick.  But infection between the toes can be difficult to contain.

At least she's had fun whilst being with you and it happens eventually anyway.  Quality is better than quantity  ;)

Meggie

« Reply #650 on: November 02, 2010, 09:33:09 AM »

We are attempting the "soaking the feet lark" but she's getting clever, she can't 'arf shift when she doesn't want to be caught.  I think she's expecting the anti-biotic treatment so gets away as fast as she can.  On one occasion OH wrapped her in a towel to stop her flapping and she pulled her head so far back into her feathers she disappeared into the towel - funny little thing, but they are all lovely characters.

Meggie

CLKD

« Reply #651 on: November 02, 2010, 11:33:46 AM »

They are Time Wasters  ;D

I've driven out this morning and the colours are lovely.  Made my heart sing  :-*

ladyjane

CLKD

« Reply #653 on: November 02, 2010, 12:01:00 PM »

HMMMMM

seems to be biting her back end a lot maybe 'cos it's got fleas or blocked anal glands.  The face rubbing could be scent marking, or tooth ache or new teeth coming through so sore gums.  Certainly by the general age I would think the chewing of the trampoline edge leads me to think 'new teeth sore gums' symdrome.  Time wasters! unless one gets into the chicken house  :(.  Wonder what it fetched from the rolly bally thingy on the left?

Taz2

« Reply #654 on: November 02, 2010, 01:35:51 PM »

I reckon its a flea around the back end and I reckon the face rubbing is scent marking. That sheer delight in jumping though just like a toddler - it does like quite young. I have one that likes to sit on my front door step - I reckon he's waiting for the milkman  ;D

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #655 on: November 02, 2010, 02:24:26 PM »

Been watching the bluetits and takes off the foil from the bottle tops then  ???

Eddie

« Reply #656 on: November 02, 2010, 04:31:51 PM »

My dog does the nose rubbing thing after she's eaten, and the stretching thing, nice fox.
Eddie. x

Taz2

« Reply #657 on: November 02, 2010, 07:13:11 PM »

Nah - they don't go for semi-skimmed. Since Fred the Fat Cat is died we don't have our one pint of full cream a week. We only used to have it so that he could have the cream off the top - indulgent of our moggies? Us?  ;D

Taz x

ladyjane

CLKD

« Reply #659 on: November 03, 2010, 01:55:49 PM »

Oh sweet! 
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 422