Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 82

Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 169122 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cycling
« Reply #300 on: April 18, 2017, 02:55:15 PM »

Got bored with retirement then ? or was it the disqualification for 'racing' when he was in a recent triathlon?  :D

Couldn't even see the scenery today  ::)

Two hoots

« Reply #301 on: April 22, 2017, 02:49:59 PM »

Awful news today, the Italian rider Michele Scarponi (Astana) has been killed in an accident.  He was in the tour of the Alps that ended yesterday, but while out riding this morning he was his by a van. All the cyclist that have been leaving messages have said he was a lovely smiley person, such an awful thing to happen  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #302 on: April 22, 2017, 10:41:15 PM »

I read that earlier  :'( ........... one never knows does one >sigh<

Evelyn63

« Reply #303 on: April 23, 2017, 08:31:47 AM »

Awful news today, the Italian rider Michele Scarponi (Astana) has been killed in an accident.  He was in the tour of the Alps that ended yesterday, but while out riding this morning he was his by a van. All the cyclist that have been leaving messages have said he was a lovely smiley person, such an awful thing to happen  :'(

Heard that on the news, my husband is a very keen cyclist and he was devastated when he heard .

CLKD

« Reply #304 on: April 27, 2017, 07:50:18 PM »

Tour of Yorkshire begins tomorrow - noon on ITV-4 I think but I'll miss it as had booked a hair appt.  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #305 on: April 28, 2017, 03:08:34 PM »

Hair appt. earlier so home by 12.45 to watch the start from Yorkshire.

Sadly, as mentioned by Ned a few moments ago:

American cyclist Chad Young has a severe head injury following a crash at the Tour of the Gila, and his Axeon Hagens Berman team said late Thursday he is not expected to recover.

He also paid tribute to Scarponi .....

CLKD

« Reply #306 on: May 17, 2017, 06:30:27 PM »

Nicky Hayden, US pro-motor bike racer, critical in hospital following a collision whilst on his cycle, training  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #307 on: May 17, 2017, 07:00:08 PM »

Also - whether the Manx Missile will be fit for le Tour  :-\ with him and several team members suffering what is reported as 'glandular fever'  :(

Two hoots

« Reply #308 on: May 18, 2017, 09:25:19 AM »

Tour de France won't be the same if Cav isn't there, even if he is he must have missed so much training.

Geraint Thomas was doing so well in the Giro until he was taken out in a stupid crash with a tv motorbike. The Giro was this years goal, and he was in second place so annoying, who knows how he would have done

:hotflash:

CLKD

« Reply #309 on: May 18, 2017, 04:20:33 PM »

The bike was stationary at the time! I think an elbow was involved  :-\ ....... at 35mph it only takes a minuscule to be out of a Grand Tour. 

Nicky has been moved and is an induced coma  :'(

Evelyn63

« Reply #310 on: May 18, 2017, 04:26:41 PM »

Tour de France won't be the same if Cav isn't there, even if he is he must have missed so much training.

Geraint Thomas was doing so well in the Giro until he was taken out in a stupid crash with a tv motorbike. The Giro was this years goal, and he was in second place so annoying, who knows how he would have done

:hotflash:

My son in law has Geraint Thomas's book, its really interesting .  Such a shame about the incident yesterday and he was doing so well.

Two hoots

« Reply #311 on: May 19, 2017, 07:43:40 AM »

Geraint Thomas has decided not to carry on with the Giro  :-\

His message said that as the week has gone on his injuries have not improved and along with the team they decided it's better to start thinking about the Tour de France instead.

Such a shame, he was doing so well  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #312 on: May 19, 2017, 03:26:51 PM »

No point pushing if the injuries aren't healing.  Wonder whether he needs warm hands to apply healing lotions  8)

Nicky Hayden has serious head trauma .........

Two hoots

« Reply #313 on: May 19, 2017, 05:58:30 PM »

That poor man, I don't follow motorcycling but I read he was on a bike when he was knocked down, yet another cyclist  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #314 on: May 19, 2017, 06:16:51 PM »

Ironic that many sports people go through dangerous races but get injrued/killed at leisure  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 82