Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 82

Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 168383 times)

Two hoots

Re: Cycling
« Reply #270 on: January 18, 2017, 08:07:18 PM »

Ummmm it's on every day until Sunday  ;D between the cycling and the tennis I'm not planning on doing much housework.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #271 on: January 18, 2017, 09:52:50 PM »

I can find plenty to do other than housework  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #272 on: January 19, 2017, 03:09:39 PM »

No sound from Oz apart from the over-head helicopter  >:(

Two hoots

« Reply #273 on: January 19, 2017, 04:00:46 PM »

I'm recording today's stage to watch later so I can fast forward through that part  ::)

I'm really enjoying the race but I do like to see the scenery too, I've been quite surprised how few swimming pools there are considering how hot a climate is.

Every April we go to France to watch the Paris - Roubaix race, if we are lucky we can see the race in 4 places, then I'm dropped off at the hotel and husband and son go to the velodrome to see the finish. I watch the finish with a coffee and cake and foreign commentators  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #274 on: January 19, 2017, 04:12:52 PM »

Oh how lovely!   I was commenting yesterday about how few outdoor pools were in sight from the helicopter, then 4 came into view  ;D.  Maybe there are too many slippery critters that could join you in the water  :o

Sound came back on about an hour ago.  I watch le Tour for the scenery  ::)

Two hoots

« Reply #275 on: January 19, 2017, 05:13:30 PM »

Oh yes the Tour de France is the best for helicopter shots, in July I sit and watch all afternoon and watch the highlights in the evening  ;D

If you do watch Paris - Roubaux look out for a welsh flag and it might be me  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #276 on: January 19, 2017, 05:45:03 PM »

;D .......... wow, you'll enjoy the finish today!!

CLKD

« Reply #277 on: January 21, 2017, 07:03:58 PM »

Go Richie, GO!  :-*

All those eucalyptus, the scenery is quite samey  ::)

Two hoots

« Reply #278 on: February 02, 2017, 09:44:43 AM »

The cycling season has started now, after the tour down under its Dubai, Valencia and more from Australia  :)

The European Spring classics won't be long now  :)  :)  :)

CLKD

« Reply #279 on: February 02, 2017, 10:41:42 AM »

Do you watch the Channel Bike! ?

We watched a DVD thingy on a mix of le Tour 2008/09/10 showing the Chateux over-spoken by Phil Legget

Two hoots

« Reply #280 on: February 02, 2017, 02:22:22 PM »

Do you watch the Channel Bike! ?

We watched a DVD thingy on a mix of le Tour 2008/09/10 showing the Chateux over-spoken by Phil Legget

To be honest I forget about the bike channel  ::) I usually watch on Eurosport. I searched Eurosport listings for the tour down under only to find it was on the bike channel, I really need to look at what they are showing because their coverage was just as good.

Two hoots

« Reply #281 on: February 24, 2017, 09:01:34 AM »

Spring classics start tomorrow  :) for me this is the real start of the cycling season and the build up to the grand tours.

:cancan:

Tour of Abu Dhabi is on at the moment, it's like cycling around the biggest  beach in the world, at least Cav won yesterday  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #282 on: February 24, 2017, 03:27:20 PM »

..... but again there was controversy  ::)

Route of the ladies Pro-tour has been announced  :) and we are waiting to see if Aber. will host a stage of the City Pro-mens racing as they did last year.  Each time they cycled round I was out of TV shot  >:(  ::) not even my brolley was on show  :D

Two hoots

« Reply #283 on: February 27, 2017, 02:52:44 PM »

Two excellent days of cycling on tv, what a huge pile up on Saturday. What a shame Tom Boonen had to withdraw from Sunday's race he's one of our favourites but nice to see Luke Rowe doing well and getting third.

When we go and see Paris - Roubaux the tv coverage always cut to adverts as the riders are approaching us even though we see it in numerous places along the route  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #284 on: February 27, 2017, 03:03:44 PM »

Caught up on Bike with Tour of Oman this afternoon.  Bleak scenery.  Lovely deep blue sea colour.  No mention of how hot it was ...... have put on our calendar F1, MotoGP, Tour de France starts/finish so that we don't go away ..... that's hardly ever then  ;D.  Himself says we can use 'catch up' but it ain't the same as watching it Live!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 82