Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 82

Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 170421 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cycling
« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2012, 02:39:37 PM »

Himself is out on his cycle - and it's raining  :-X :P  tank is on heating up in case he needs a warm shower  ;)  I went on my bike 2 weeks ago but I don't really enjoy it - yet.  Can't look at the scenery and keep an eye on the path infront  :D

jax

« Reply #166 on: October 07, 2012, 09:39:34 AM »

sunny day, a last chance to get out looms :-)
i have set a goal to do 10 mile time trials next spring....got my tt bike already and have it on indoor trainer ready for winter training...positive thoughts....lol

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #167 on: October 07, 2012, 07:21:07 PM »

Because of all the rain this summer I have missed out on loads of cycling.  Did a few 10 milers and hubby and I did 21 miles one day (with a pub lunch half way round :)).

I wanted to go today but nobody would come with me so I did some jobs in hte garden instead.

I am considering getting one of those static things to put in the garage and cycle over the winter months.  Anybody got one?  I have never been on a comfy exercise bike yet so I thought this way I could use my own.  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2012, 10:35:28 AM »

Had one, became a loading ground for clothing waiting to be hung in the wardrobe!  Ask on Freecycle/gle.  They are often advertised there.  Or go to a 2nd-hand shop or Charity shop, see loads in there!!!! we got our treadmill from the company who makes them, they buy them back, refurb them and sell them 2nd hand ...... it's got sutff all over it  ::)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #169 on: October 08, 2012, 10:54:00 AM »

Had one, became a loading ground for clothing waiting to be hung in the wardrobe!  Ask on Freecycle/gle.  They are often advertised there.  Or go to a 2nd-hand shop or Charity shop, see loads in there!!!! we got our treadmill from the company who makes them, they buy them back, refurb them and sell them 2nd hand ...... it's got sutff all over it  ::)

I don't mean an exercise bike - I mean a static frame which I can put my own bike onto.  i had an exercise bike years ago but mine became a clothes horse too.  Like I said, they are SO uncomfortable compared to a proper bike.

CLKD

« Reply #170 on: October 08, 2012, 02:57:42 PM »

Ahhhh - savvy!  How about one of those that the professionals use, it's a line of rollers which they warm up/down on ...........

Himself has repaired my brake lever today which is a start but the weather is dull and drizzly ..........

jax

« Reply #171 on: October 08, 2012, 03:40:57 PM »

Yes, I just upgraded my old one for one with a digital display showing how far you went round the garage...much less boring and you can compare your progress...
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_890895_langId_-1_categoryId_229901
this is it,but I only paid £218 for mine...
the single roller at the back is much quieter than my old one that had 2 rollers that clamped the wheel rm between them...
I got so bored staring at a wall... if your going to do it,get a training book with routines to follow, ie, 5mins steady,1 min sprint, 2 mins easy, 1 min sprint. etc...it really helps to pass the time:-)

CLKD

« Reply #172 on: October 08, 2012, 07:22:30 PM »

Until we had a new carpet I had my exercise bike in front of the TV  ::)

jax

« Reply #173 on: October 10, 2012, 06:24:25 PM »

DONT BUY THE 2 SETS OF ROLLERS TYPE !!
unless you are a real professional.... spend more time falling off and damaging self and bike...

CLKD

« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2012, 07:05:01 PM »

You should like you've experience  ::) ..........

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #175 on: October 10, 2012, 08:41:12 PM »

Yes, I just upgraded my old one for one with a digital display showing how far you went round the garage...much less boring and you can compare your progress...
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_890895_langId_-1_categoryId_229901
this is it,but I only paid £218 for mine...
the single roller at the back is much quieter than my old one that had 2 rollers that clamped the wheel rm between them...
I got so bored staring at a wall... if your going to do it,get a training book with routines to follow, ie, 5mins steady,1 min sprint, 2 mins easy, 1 min sprint. etc...it really helps to pass the time:-)

Thanks for that - had no idea they were so expensive.  I'll scout around. :)
Went out on my bike - only 8 miles but it was better than nothing.

jax

« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2012, 06:40:08 AM »

8 miles is good...
I regularly only do 10 miles as in training for time trials in spring.
its a race against yourself. Do a route , time it then next time try beat it....makes cycling fun and work harder...:-) i just did 3 miles on trainer...NEED COFFEE....

CLKD

« Reply #177 on: October 11, 2012, 12:20:06 PM »

No cycling today, we have colds  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2014, 01:01:40 PM »

I bought several types of alert bracelets for DH as he cycles a lot when he hasn't a cold or muscle spasms.  I had them from the company that sells SOS bracelets etc., one goes on his shoes, one he can wear as a bracelet, the other is on his helmet: blood group, address etc..

oldsheep

« Reply #179 on: July 18, 2014, 12:44:13 PM »

any mudguard advice ladies? I have so called full mudguards fitted front and back but since I changed my tyres to the more puncture resistant, slightly thinner, slicker tyres, my clothes are getting spattered on the front of my legs.
I just pootle around locally. Beats walking or taking the bus.

I also need ( to protect my 'bits') some cycle shorts - baggy preferred - that don't look like I'm wearing a nappy. I have a lovely saddle, but still need some extra padding. This is for up to 2 hours on the bike not an all dayer. Any suggestions? I bought one pair on Wiggle but fear they are for younger sheep. cheers.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 82