Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan  (Read 644 times)

foldie

Utrogestan
« on: June 11, 2020, 07:24:51 AM »

Dear all,

this may be a question for Hurdity, but anyone else who has any insight, information, experience ... I would greatly appreciate it.

I've been on HRT for 3 years and quite frankly it has saved me from social exile or worse! Fabulous stuff. The one that works for me is gel/patch and vaginal Utrogestan though, truth be told I haven't tried oral Utrogestan.

My question is about delivery and dosage. The nurse was not happy with the vaginal delivery as it is not licensed (I completely appreciate that) but I've read that so many get along with it that way and it works for me. The oral dose is 200 mg so I just half that to a 100 mg dose and use it for 12 nights. Does anyone else do it this way?

I will consult the doctor when the practice is operating normally again.

Thank you for reading this x

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 09:27:51 AM »

Hi foldie

Just bumping your post up in case it gets over looked.
Hang tight, I'm sure someone will post soon. xx

foldie

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 09:37:10 AM »

Dear Jillydoll,

thank you kindly! X

Emm225

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 04:22:51 PM »

I am afraid I can't help albeit by bumping your post...my doctor refused to consider the vagninal way re utrogeston and just insisted it wasn't licensed.  This was during the beginning of lockdown though so over the phone and not my normal doctor..  She was no help at all....

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 06:38:26 PM »

Yes Rockhopper, I agree with you, lots of other meds are used for other things.
So I can't quite understand why some doctors won't agree to using it vaginally. 🤷‍♀️

Xx

foldie

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 07:57:28 PM »

Thank you so much for your responses.

Dear Rockhopper, I wondered that (re: dose) but I read half was needed as vaginally was more effective as more got through? Going to look into that or might go for the licensed way. That said, I have a period after 12 days but maybe it's not all shedding.

Thanks again 😀 x

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 09:33:52 PM »

It isn't licensed in the UK for vaginal use but it is in the rest of Europe. The 200mg capsules are licensed for vaginal use for IVF but not hrt. The manufacturers state that the dose is the same whether used orally or vaginally so you shouldn't use less without the agreement of your gp or regular scans to ensure there's no thickening of the lining. And your doctor isn't watching how you take it... I hope  :)