Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Covid rule breakers next door.  (Read 13131 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Covid rule breakers next door.
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2020, 09:02:46 AM »

;D ............

Kathleen

« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2020, 09:04:57 AM »

Hello again ladies.

Yesterday there were many more shops open where I live but I'm not sure I want to risk going into them just yet.

Shadyglade - unlike you I have always felt comfortable in the supermarkets even Waitrose! I think it's because they are large and airy with high ceilings. Occasionally some shoppers wander closer than they should but most people are following the rules. I accidentally walked the wrong way up an aisle in Tescos and I was swiftly told off lol.

The  independent sage scientists are saying it's too early to ease the lockdown and they should know.

Take care ladies and stay safe.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2020, 09:15:05 AM »

I think that clothes shops could have an assistant to handle clothing until one finds something one wants to fit on?  Any clothing will be put to one side for 72 hours B4 going back onto the rails which in my opinion are always too full anyway.  MayB 1 item of each design on show, the rest in the back in various sizes?

I don't buy in clothes shops in case I get a panic attack.  Cotton Traders is my go to. 

Where will we be able to wear new clothes anyway, no one will know if it's years old or this year's fashions  ::)

Locally Waitrose have been very strict at the door, allowing certain numbers into the store by using a clicker.  We upset the guard last week ...... by talking to each other in the queue, I was told that 'we have been turning people away from the same families' ............ go on Mrs, TRY IT  ;D

Haven't been to Tesco as there is no shade whilst queuing and our village shop maintains a queue and distancing.  Job Done.

Salad

« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2020, 09:27:53 AM »

I've just read an article..not sure how accurate it is..that's says you won't be allowed to try clothes on any more in the shops.Anything brought back will have to be put to one side for 72 hours.

40% off clothing in a local garden centre - I asked if it was ok to try on and it was. Bought two summer tops and my day felt almost normal  :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 07:52:14 PM by Salad »

Sparrow

« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2020, 09:31:34 AM »

It's all a muddle.

I don't think they have formalised how shop will work.  What about book shops???

As for having family round we will be waiting a couple of weeks, to see how things go.  My eldest son and his partner live in a top floor flat, and have been dropping hints about a barbecue.  A couple of weeks won't hurt though.

Two hoots

« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2020, 10:26:08 AM »

Our M & S are selling clothes and taking returns as normal, I think Tesco are as well and both have sales on at the moment.

CLKD

« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2020, 11:26:09 AM »

My friend runs a book shop and she is wiping down books - anyone who browses leaves the touched items in a basket and at the end of the day she wipes over.  Next morning they can be replaced on the shelves.

Sparrow

« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2020, 12:14:36 PM »

My friend runs a book shop and she is wiping down books - anyone who browses leaves the touched items in a basket and at the end of the day she wipes over.  Next morning they can be replaced on the shelves.

How come??

They are not supposed to be open yet.

CLKD

« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2020, 01:39:11 PM »

Book shops are essential ......... she's been open for sending books to customers all year.

Hurdity

« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2020, 07:48:03 AM »

Book shops are essential ......... she's been open for sending books to customers all year.

Book shops were legally obliged to close as non-essential retail whatever our views on this! All online deliveries though were (are) permitted to continue so if she was open to browsing customers since 23rd March this was illegal. Maybe she was doing this before 23rd March or wiping them down before she sends them?

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2020, 07:53:49 AM »

Books shops were classed as essential.  She has always run an on-line order facility so can take books off the shelves to post out.  She regularly updates her stock which is supplied by a supplier under guidance.  I don't suppose that she's the only book shop not providing a service?

Jackie M

« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2020, 08:15:45 AM »

Thank you

Sorry to hear you and hubby are waiting for your treatment. I hope you get sorted out soon.

You are so right, don't people understand that the sooner we abide by the rules the better.

Oh I don't know Penguine99, I just don't get people, I really don't.

I am in the perimenopause stage and have been for 6 years. I have suffered from chronic reflux for 18 months. I have now managed to get off all my tablets and my gaviscon. I am so relieved. Plus my psoriasis has settled and my IBS.

I know how these symptoms can grip us.

I feel for you finding the situation so upsetting on a daily basis. I know how impossible it is to master these feelings. I find positive affirmations have helped me so much.

I will probably sleep tonight thanks to you.

I hope you stay happy and well. XxxxX❤❤

Hi ChihuahuaChick,
I feel your pain with reflux,  and im glad you have managed to kick it.
I am currently suffering with reflux, I have the feeling of food sitting in my throat and chest and sometimes it even pops up. It's really stressing me badly at the moment. I have had it on and off for years now, and had a hiatus hernia diagnosed, but seems bad at the moment. I take a high dose of omeprazole too. The worst thing is not knowing if its anxiety or a real problem, I know I should talk to the doc but too scared as I think my anxiety is mostly linked to health. Times are scary for all if us right now,  and I have the added problem of being a hairdresser (not wanting to go near people at all right now), whilst going through a house move that started well before xmas!

Kathleen

« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2020, 08:32:42 AM »

Hello again ladies

CLKD - book shops were non essential retail here in the UK. I think in Austria they could stay open but not here.  Online trade is considered safe but wandering around a book shop and touching lots of books seems very risky.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2020, 08:52:28 AM »

Jackie M - go back to your GP pronto! If the medication isn't easing symptoms - it did for me within 5 days - then you probably need something else.  This particular medication is known for bounce back symptoms of reflux: 4 me it's a feeling of liquid in the mouth, nausea, pain in the neck and chest ...........  hiatus hernia is common during The Change: as oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax .... including the digestive tract. 

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2020, 02:19:57 PM »

Our next door neighbours have broken the rules from nearly the word go.
They've all been in the big paddling pool with the kids.
They should've seen my OH when he was ill, maybe that would've stopped them, ....then again maybe not, they knew all along he was in hospital. 🤷‍♀️
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10