Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: lockdown fatigue  (Read 2734 times)

Donnadoobie

lockdown fatigue
« on: May 04, 2020, 08:04:32 PM »

Anyone else feeling so tired during this lockdown?

I am being part active part lazy, rising late, exercising once a day, a walk or a run,  busy with paperwork for the business, cleaning ( ha ha not as much as I said I would)  but generally just pottering about or watching endless films and recordings of programmes.

I just  feel so tired all the time.  I am normally a busy person working 11 hour days, why am I so tired doing nothing? 

I read a while ago that we are all feeling an underlying anxiety, even if we are not aware of it.  I know I am anxious, I wake early with a brain ready to spring into action with all my worries about this virus.

is it just me? or is anyone else feeling like this.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:23:28 PM by Donnadoobie »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: lockdown fatigue
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 08:02:21 AM »

Yep.  I have busy, involved, long dreams at the best of times but it's been extra involved and long since lockdown.

I ache - probably due to either too much sitting around watching wildlife/TV/laptop or from weeding.  Keep hydrated.  Walk around a bit. 

marge

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 08:12:11 AM »

I think you're right Donnadoobie, lots of people say the same. Also suffering anxiety makes you tired.  There's an article in the Daily Mail today entitled: Anxiety levels double and women are feeling most pain. Too much time to think and worry I suppose. And we've no idea when this will all be over.

Jellyb

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 08:18:10 AM »

Yes, I'm exactly the same.  I am still working (from home) which is not much different for me.  However, there isn't the usual rushing about everywhere, particularly at the weekends, when I used to try & cram everything into a couple of days.  Shopping is now done online, no going out for dinner, so not having to get ready to go "out out", not visiting relatives, other than to drop shopping off for parents, at leisure.
I think it's the slower pace of life that is making me feel sluggish.  I'm still trying to exercise & run but not putting any pressure on myself - if I feel like it I'll do it, if not, there's always tomorrow.
But, I am definitely finding it harder to get up and motivated in the mornings.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 11:31:36 AM »

I'm OK once out of bed but after lunch .... despite a list of things to do I can easily avoid the list  ::)

Donnadoobie

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 04:18:25 PM »

Good to know I'm not alone.

I wake early but read or watch TV in bed for most of the morning. hubby always brings me breakfast and lots of coffee then I go for a run, do some jobs around the house, some business admin and the day is gone.

I am going to bed earlier because I am so tired, when really not doing half as much as normal.

I think it's a combination of trying to keep my anxiety under control and anger at the whole sorry situation and the way it is being handled and that I can't see an end to it.  Sadness, panic, a little depression, anxiety and anger is exhausting. 

I guess there are lots of different reasons for us all, as it is affecting us it lots of different ways.  I try to stay off social media as that is quite draining but always fail!

Hope we all start to feel better soon.

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 04:19:06 PM »

Hello ladies.

I think part of the worry is that normal services are not available. I am overdue two sets of blood tests and I was supposed to see my GP about how I was coping without HRT.  Obviously doctors have more important stuff going on at the moment but I will be relieved when I can get checked out.

Take care ladies.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 04:28:24 PM »

According to Matt Hancock - after weeks of telling us all to 'stay home ...  '  the NHS remains open  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2020, 11:32:25 PM »

Hello ladies.

I think part of the worry is that normal services are not available. I am overdue two sets of blood tests and I was supposed to see my GP about how I was coping without HRT.  Obviously doctors have more important stuff going on at the moment but I will be relieved when I can get checked out.

Take care ladies.

K.

I've had three good telephone appointments with my GP and one quick meeting to hand over a prescription which involved me ringing the bell at the back door of the surgery and him, dressed in PPE, shuffling a basket with my prescription across the path. I also had a telephone appointment with a dermatologist which wasn't ideal but I was then asked to email photos of my skin complaint across to her and that afternoon I was texted by my surgery to say a prescription was waiting. I've now received another appointment for August so fingers crossed I actually get to see her! I've found that over the last three weeks the surgery is still running a reasonable service. Of course it is all shuttered and you have to wait in the designated queue for whichever part you want to access but it is still possible to talk with a GP. I'm not sure about blood tests if they are not an emergency?

Take care.

Taz x

Lyncola

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 09:12:07 AM »

I feel sorry for you guys over there, no problem seeing doctors in Australia  (you just got to tell them if you got flu like symptoms). Dentist are still open for emergency (I've been two times) blood test, X-rays. We are now doing surgery again.

Only 97 deaths so far in Australia with under 7000 infected.

Sending my love and prayers to UK.
 :bighug:

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 12:10:06 PM »

Tnx Lyncola

My neighbour has her BP taken every week at home, by the same Nurse and results taken to her GP.  I haven't asked why ....... she is blind so doesn't travel.

I'm tired but having busy dreams.  Still  ::)

Dorothy

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2020, 03:11:04 PM »

I'm permanently exhausted and I'm sure it's due to the constant, low level stress.  I'm aware that I am never 100% relaxed now - muscles constantly slightly tense, stomach constantly in a knot, and as the weeks have gone on, it's got worse and worse.  For the past 3 or 4 days, I've been feeling constantly tearful too, which isn't like me at all.  I hate going out anywhere because I feel like I might burst into tears at any minute!

Kathleen

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2020, 03:30:56 PM »

Hello again ladies

Dorothy - I feel as you do though without the exhaustion. I was even aware of my tense shoulder muscles in bed last night!
Obviously the situation isn't helping but my troubles are definitely hormone related so you might want to consider that possibility. Nothing seems to stop the mighty onslaught of the menopause, not even a pandemic!

Take care and stay safe.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2020, 04:47:46 PM »

Dorothy  :bighug:

Do you have access to open space?  If so stand.  Listen.  Breath deeply.  Focus your ears on 1 thing, i.e. wind in the leaves; a bird singing; water running ........ raise the shoulders, relax - several times.  You could ask your GP for an anti-anxiety medication to see if it helps.  Or Bachs Rescue Remedy?  Talking to neighbours on Friday a few mentioned a dip in about weeks 3/4 ......... so you aren't alone.

Dorothy

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2020, 11:36:17 PM »

I do have a garden and I'm still working part time (as a gardener - most of my gardens are too small/near the road to be able to socially distance, but I have 4 I can keep going to) so lots of time outside.  I've just found it hard from day 1 and it's got steadily harder.  I actually find going out the worst bit - a few years back, I went through a phase of struggling to leave the house, and that was my first concern when this started.  A couple of weeks ago, I had 3 days off in a row and found it almost impossible to get through the front door on day 4!  Since then, I've deliberately accepted a job from my local volunteer group that has to be done daily, so I have no choice but to leave the house at least once a day...but it's getting harder and harder.

People talk about various 'stages' of lockdown, but for me, it was dread for the couple of days beforehand when we knew it was coming, grief on the day it was announced, and a slow slide downward since then.
Pages: [1] 2