Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Dreads in the morningand Adrenaline surges at night  (Read 3101 times)

Shell babes

The Dreads in the morningand Adrenaline surges at night
« on: April 22, 2020, 01:31:21 PM »

Hello ladies - I am new to MM and have found it useful to read about everyone's experiences.

I am 51 and periods dwindling out. Started HRT (Estradot 75 from September 2019) and recently a Mirena coil as progesterone oral intolerant), realised after 3 months on Provera which made me feel suicidal.  On Mirtazipine 30mg due to depression, anxiety and insomnia - previously had PND. In between have been fine. I feel it's all been because of hormones.

Have been really struggling with adrenaline surges in the night time, wakes me up, terrified, can't get back sleep. Feeling of utter dread and doom in the mornings until about lunch time which makes me feel that I can't cope and undermining my confidence. Can't shake the feeling.  Hubby listens but think he is struggling to understand this part so feel like I am going mad.

I did message once before and received a kind reply from CKLD. My GP has suggested beta blockers but not sure ... but feel desperate as am now dreading going to bed. Please tell me that I am not imagining this horrible feeling, it is not my fault and will go eventually. Feel scared! Is it cortisol / adrenaline and if so what is causing it?

Many thanks for any of your kind replies

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: The Dreads in the morningand Adrenaline surges at night
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 03:50:47 PM »

You are not imagining physical feelings.

It would wake in around 3.30 onwards.  Deep fear.  Betablockas really helped since 2002 -  I recently stopped them due to background headaches. 

I dreaded going to sleep and was deeply afraid on waking.  Hormone responses are sensitivity to any upheavals so they tend to compensate ...... hence the sudden awareness of them.

:bighug:  Which BB has been prescribed?

Bobidy

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 05:36:11 PM »

Hi

I had the adrenaline surges. Try not to worry about these too much.

There is oestrogen in your adrenaline glands so when your body is trying to keep its levels it over stimulates those too. On the right level of oestrogen that should settle down fingers crossed x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 06:06:48 PM »

It's so physical for me  :'(  :-\

Bobidy

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 08:26:24 PM »

I forgot to say, consider your thyroid too. Hyperthyroidism can cause rushes too. Easily diagnosed with a blood test x

Karen max

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 12:10:08 AM »

Shell Babes
I could write your post myself I felt exactly same , even the part of feeling better as day goes on , I also was taking mirtazapine 45mg , thinking back I didn't feel so bad before mirtazapine, so I asked to be swapped back into my old antidepressants and I started to feel more like myself
Did you feel like this before you went onto mirtazapine
Just they just didn't suit me but they were tha cause of he feeling so awful

It's just a thought . X

Shell babes

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2020, 02:53:56 PM »

Sorry only just seen this thread, I keep getting lost on the site. Thanks for kind replies. I have been messaging CKLD on another thread. I reluctantly took some beta blockers to stop the adrenaline surges which seemed to have helped last night. I was feeling the dreads before mirtazipine, I did go up to 45mg but it was too much and made me feel spaced out. I am trying to get a grip and realise, thanks to you lovely ladies, that this can be normal for now. The GP checked my thyroid and it came back normal.

Shell babes

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2020, 03:02:19 PM »

Bobidy- do you still get adrenaline surges?

CLKD - it's comforting to know I'm not the only one who has dreaded going to bed and who dreads waking up.

Karen Max - I tried to halve 30mg Mirtazipine for a couple of days but felt even worse if that's possible. I didn't feel like quite so much the dreads today but only got up late - it seems worse from 6-11am .

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2020, 03:39:35 PM »

Low blood sugar won't help.  Eat Girl.  Eat ;-)

Shell babes

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2020, 03:56:29 PM »

Will do CLKD, I am making sure to eat every 4 hours. it's easier today as my appetite is coming back.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2020, 04:00:11 PM »

I have a list of safe foods.  Grazing suits me.  Bananas and dried fruits and nuts are my go to, as well as pancakes ;-)

Shell babes

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2020, 04:59:03 PM »

Thanks for that. How does low blood sugar make you feel if it gets too low?

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2020, 05:02:59 PM »

For me it was sudden nausea.  Shaky legs.  No particular part of the day.

dahliagirl

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2020, 10:40:08 PM »

I had this a lot at around 51.

I went onto Femoston 1/10 and that helped a bit at first but did not do a great deal.  I tried using the adrenaline up in exercise and lots of relaxation, and I sort of managed to keep a lid on it until one day, something went wrong which was hugely embarrassing.  I recognised the feeling from my teens where I used to get tired and depressed then a bit manic.  Anyway, next time I went to the doctor's I asked to go on 2/10 and I was fine from then (which is why I had forgotten it until I read this thread  ::) )

I am on the 1/5 conti now and it hasn't returned.

I was careful with my diet - plenty wholefoods, vegetables and regular meals (and bananas and dried fruit  :) ) etc to keep blood glucose stable, and plenty dance and pilates, yoga and walks.

Anyway, something must have worked because I no longer wake up with that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2020, 08:45:51 AM »

lovely 2 hear your news dahliagirl - dancing is what I did from 8 to 18, now I couldn't run a time step together to save my Life. 

Eating every 3 hours: that's in the night as well  ;)
Pages: [1] 2