Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Jaw pain  (Read 1320 times)

Ali love

• First Flush
Jaw pain
« on: April 06, 2020, 07:07:05 PM »

Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone can help or has any experience with jaw pain since starting hrt. I take utrogestan and estrogen. I have been taking for 6 months. The first two months were amazing as I only had estrogen, but when I introduced utrogestan I can't sleep and I keep clenching my teeth so much it's got to the point that I have had to get a mouth guard and am constantly massaging and having to watch what i eat. I loved the estrogen part, but I'm now so confused as what to do. Which hormone is causing what? I am not suffering anxiety anymore so am reluctant to stop and experiment to see if jaw pain stops, but may have to as at this point would rather be anxious it's that bad .No dr really has an answer even hormone dr.
😥😥

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Jaw pain
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 07:22:56 PM »

Hi! mayB put the product names into the search box to see what pops up?  Make notes ;-)

Many have difficulties with Utrogestan.  Many have jaw problems too with clenching. 

Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary which may be useful. 

:welcomemm:

Jaylow

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 08:29:45 PM »

Yes I have. Tbh I didn't connect it to hrt but it could well be. My jaw locks a lot and I have headaches if I have bad night of clenching. My bite had also shifted, I think my jaw isn't quite in the right place since it's been locking up.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 09:15:31 PM »

As the problems started with utro it would seem likely to be this. Are you taking it continuously or cyclically? If conti I would try sequi, maybe on a long cycle. You could try a different progestin which might suit you better.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 01:43:41 PM by sheila99 »

dahliagirl

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 11:22:39 AM »

I have had this since I came off the pill, seven years ago  :'(

Things that help

Goldfish exercises
Yoga relaxation exercises for neck and upper back. Position of neck and shoulders seems to affect how you hold your jaw.
Marc de Lissi's warm up exercises (especially the tongue ones) on Gareth Malone's Great British Chorus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXg0pYED35E

Ali love

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 10:50:47 AM »

Thankyou for all the replies guy's . I will have a look into all suggestions, and hopefully make some headway.

Do any of you have any recommendations for a different progesterone or even the pill. I know its trial and error and not everything suits all.
Thanks.

Louise15

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2023, 12:12:31 AM »

Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone can help or has any experience with jaw pain since starting hrt. I take utrogestan and estrogen. I have been taking for 6 months. The first two months were amazing as I only had estrogen, but when I introduced utrogestan I can't sleep and I keep clenching my teeth so much it's got to the point that I have had to get a mouth guard and am constantly massaging and having to watch what i eat. I loved the estrogen part, but I'm now so confused as what to do. Which hormone is causing what? I am not suffering anxiety anymore so am reluctant to stop and experiment to see if jaw pain stops, but may have to as at this point would rather be anxious it's that bad .No dr really has an answer even hormone dr.
😥😥
   hi I have the same issue, I'm on utrogestan and estradot 75mg patches.  About a week ago I developed extreme pain in my jaw and several of my teeth.  Are you still having the same issues now?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2023, 09:12:52 AM »

OUCH!  I would stop the medication.