Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: Hospitals are not allowing visitors (social distancing and masks)  (Read 30338 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Masks
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2020, 01:11:01 PM »

Trains and buses: How can they be allowed to have standing passengers, no other industry would allow it  :beat: :bang:

CLKD

« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2020, 05:01:49 PM »

;D

Katejo

« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2020, 08:15:16 PM »

It's better now than back in the day when I first started commuting. If you went upstairs because downstairs was full you were sat in a cloud of fag smoke. Then later when I was working in the 90s, the one route I travelled they were still smoking upstairs but they weren't regular cigs and I'd arrive at the office feeling high!
Smoking in London buses (top deck) was stopped in 1985 or early 86. I came back from my year in Germany and found that I could travel smoke free on the top deck of Routemaster buses.

CLKD

« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2020, 11:18:18 AM »

It's amazing how 'they' have very little idea of the Real World  >:(

sheila99

« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2020, 12:40:37 PM »

So what would you do if you were pm? Keep everything closed and people lose their jobs or open them up and cause further deaths? It's not a choice I'd like to make. Perhaps THEY understand the problem perfectly well, they just don't have a magic wand to make everything OK.
I imagine many people will continue to work from home but I can't see how public transport can be made safe and still get enough people to work.

CLKD

« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2020, 03:47:20 PM »

Keep most things closed.  Make sure that distancing is maintained on public transport or provide specific taxis for those needing to go to work, thereby helping the taxi drivers.

Will people lose their jobs, I thought the government was intending to pay most until this Virus dies down? 

I think that public transport is getting people to work and if working from home doesn't cause too much anxiety for those who lack social contact with colleagues, that will become 'normal' for many Companies.  The idea is not to open up the country all at once because there will be peaks and troughs. 

Sparrow

« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2020, 04:20:43 PM »

Will people lose their jobs, I thought the government was intending to pay most until this Virus dies down? 

Unfortunately that won't make a blind bit of difference when companies go bust, as they are already. 

Remember the 1970's.  It will be like that all over again.

We already know people who have lost their jobs.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 04:22:57 PM by Shadyglade »

CLKD

« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2020, 05:04:09 PM »

I think that people need contact with others beyond Zoom facilities too. 

I vote for a Storm Troopers outfit ;-)

Katejo

« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2020, 05:15:18 PM »

Unfortunately that won't make a blind bit of difference when companies go bust, as they are already. 

Remember the 1970's.  It will be like that all over again.

We already know people who have lost their jobs.
I don't yet know anyone who has lost their job but know several who have been furloughed (not any colleagues ). My team leader and I have been working out tasks which our part timer can do to show that she is being kept busy. She can't do her usual job at all from home.

sheila99

« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2020, 07:31:04 PM »

We were only just getting out of 10 years of austerity and people were very glad we were. The black hole left by this is going to be so much bigger than the one Gordon Brown left behind. It isn't the government who will be paying for furloughed workers, it's everyone who pays tax (including many who can only dream of of the ?2500 per month some people are getting). I hate to think of the cuts to services and  tax rises that will result.
BTW if I was PM we would remain in lockdown.

CLKD

« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2020, 07:33:29 PM »

I would also increase tax across the board.  To pay for Health Care, Education, Road repairs ........

How would we know each other if we all wore Storm Trooper outfits? 

Katejo

« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2020, 10:13:10 PM »

I know several people who are "working from home" who are saying they really can't do that much!

Some employers are happy to turn a blind eye .... for the time being!
I am quite busy from home. We were issued with laptops to take home with additional software added to give us access to all our files.

CLKD

« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2020, 08:42:25 AM »

The Government has missed out the care industry, not those OAPs but the beauty, nails, hairdressers who are struggling because many are freelance  :-\.  I would be prepared to go to my stylist if she is free of symptoms ......... if she choose to wear a mask that's OK too.

CLKD

« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2020, 11:07:56 AM »

I think our stylist will stagger visits .......... they were already wiping down etc..

Sparrow

« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2020, 11:33:33 AM »

I have one that comes to the house which, to be honest, I think is less risky than a saloon. 

I worry about her as she is a single mum.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23