Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: anxiety  (Read 1339 times)

margaret

anxiety
« on: March 12, 2020, 11:33:12 AM »

Hi Ladies, I went to the doctors on Monday as I've been suffering with palpitations, and migraines and it's making me feel a bit on edge just like I was when the menopause started.  I'm now 60.  When I told the doctor I felt the same way and could it be hormonal she said it couldn't be that now.  Has anyone else felt like this x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: anxiety
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 06:53:15 PM »

They are so certain aren't they  ::) .  U know how you feel. 

If your ovaries suddenly put out a burst of hormone then certainly you could feel those symptoms.  Do you keep a mood/symptom/food diary?  What did the GP suggest?

Kmorris

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 07:27:16 PM »

Hi Margaret, I'm 63 and still having these feelings on and off.... I thought all the menopause problems were over long ago....but unfortunatey it seems like they can sometimes come back and give you another bite on the bum.

margaret

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 01:56:26 PM »

Hi Ladies thank you for your replies, the doctor seemed to think it was anxiety,  the thing is the more it's happening I'm getting  more concerned, I went for an ECG on Wednesday and she actually said I was having a palpitation as they were doing the test.I'm waiting to hear from the doc x

Kmorris

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 02:38:39 PM »

Hi Margaret, hope you're feeling a bit better today....have you heard back from the Dr. yet?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 05:07:53 PM »

That's the best time Margaret ........... gives an idea how you are functioning.