Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Magnesium supplements  (Read 1163 times)

lizzog

Magnesium supplements
« on: February 18, 2020, 09:31:12 AM »

Aghhh - not sleeping - getting to sleep no problem, then waking up on and off until my alarm goes off when I can drag myself out of bed.
I've heard that magnesium supplements can help (my RLS is really bad too at the moment) - any recommendations which ones are good?  There's a lot out there on the market!  I had tried Magnesium Oil spray, but every spray bottle I have stops working and doesn't pump!

Sparrow

Re: Magnesium supplements
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 09:47:35 AM »

I get mine from Healthspan.  It's a good quality product and can be cheaper than H&B.

lizzog

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 10:17:14 AM »

Is that the make of the product or the shop you buy it from?  What is the strength?

Sparrow

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 12:17:09 PM »

It's a website lizzog.  They have several different types and strengths depending on your needs. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 12:42:35 PM by Shadyglade »

BMFEVA6166

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 01:28:03 PM »

I've used magnesium for years, which helped with some things but not sleep as such. I did some more reading recently and Magnesium Glycinate, also referred to as chelated form, has come out well in studies for sleep and anxiety.
The recommended dose I think was 225 at night, but you'd have to check that. Also be careful about the dose on the bottle, as it's rarely the dose of actual magnesium you?re getting, but should state somewhere on the label how many you'd have to take, also somewhere in the ingredients section online.