Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New to HRT - Can't cope  (Read 1772 times)

scousencurly

New to HRT - Can't cope
« on: February 17, 2020, 07:33:30 PM »

Hello all, newbie here!! 👋🏻
Just started (a week ago) on Estrogel 2 pumps and Utrogestan 100mg continuous daily taken at night. One week in and the side effects are worse than my menopause symptoms, my anxiety is off the scale, I'm sleeping worse (having anxiety dreams) and bad fatigue and depression during the day, plus nausea and pmt symptoms - do I persevere or should I stop?! I can't bear it at the moment, I have barely any energy!! What's other people's experiences?
Thanks

Dotty

Re: New to HRT - Can't cope
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 08:36:21 PM »

Hi these may not be side effects but may be menopausal symptoms .

Can you explain more about your age and where you are in menopause? X

scousencurly

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 08:52:47 PM »

I'm 50, been perimenopausal for about 7yrs and have managed symptoms OK til.l recently when anxiety got a bit worse and night sweats got annoying. This is first time using HRT. I'm taking mini pill also, didn't want mirena and didn't want the bleed as had no periods for about 18months so doc put me on the gel end Utrogestan last week and symptoms went off the scale!
Depression worsened as did anxiety. Nausea, breast tenderness, extreme fatigue and worsening of insomnia etc
Just don't know what to do?!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 08:55:35 PM »

HORMONES  >:( ?

scousencurly

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 12:15:51 PM »

Thanks, yeah I have read the Utrogestan/Oestrogel thread with interest...
Been back to docs last night after another anxiety fuelled sleepless night and have decided to come off HRT for now.
My menopausal symptoms were bad enough to lead me to seek help, but on the whole I was managing... I am going to give myself a month or so to regroup and make some lifestyle changes and if I can't cope then I will try something else!
Menopause is nasty, being a woman is hard, going to take some time to be kind to myself and hope this horrible anxiety from the Utrogestan goes away soon!!
Thanks for your advice ladies!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 02:22:24 PM »

Do you keep a mood/symptom/food diary to chart progress?

Maybe decide which symptom you need to ease first?

Mogster71

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 03:37:14 PM »

Hello scousencurly :)

Bless your heart!! Sounds like you're feeling really crappy. I have to say that not all of my experience with HRT has been great, but I'm giving it one last effort before going solo. Maybe the dose was not quite right for you/a little too much. I must admit I have not heard of being given the utrogestan as well as the pill - maybe the balance was more progesterone favoured. Intolerance to the progesterone is fairly common (I'm a sufferer and this is why I've tried a few and failed a few HRTs). Lots of ladies have some extreme symptoms. Myself I get massive headaches, nausea and it's horrid.

I had to come off utrogestan after only a month's trial and that was on a cyclical basis (200mg for last 2 weeks of a month cycle) the side effects were immediate and nasty. But it works very well for lots of ladies as we are all so different. I'm actually going back a step and back to tablets to see if I can settle again. If you do well on a pill-based system then it might be ok on HRT pills? Obviously down to you and your doctor to decide the best thing for you, if you decide once you've had a break that you need to try something else.

Look after yourself

Moggie x