Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: I can’t get any relief at the moment, deranged with panic  (Read 9443 times)

Ladybt28

Re: I can’t get any relief at the moment, deranged with panic
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2020, 09:55:37 PM »

believe me I know how hard it is to be patient and I never talk about it lightly and I have been were you both are but for more years than you can imagine.  That doesn't make it any easier if it is for 6 years or 6 months but all I can tell you both is that after much trial and error and tweaking and waiting I am better than I have been in 20 years, so it is possible and however hard it is to hold that thought, try and hold it because I am proof it is possible to be well but and here is the but...from all I have read on here  it is also possible to get so far and then try and change something or give up and then you never know if you could have got there.  Consultant's wisdom says a minimum of 3 months and I would add a month to that unless of course you are having an absolute adverse reaction to something which is immediately obvious. The rest of it is a waiting game but if and when it works the result is worth it.  Hang on in there both of you, you are kinda at the beginning  xx

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2020, 11:37:21 AM »

Thank you for all your lovely words it means so much we will wait and HOPE thank you xx

Redlocks

« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2020, 02:26:45 PM »

Ladybt28, very kind and wise words, thank you :)
I am probably the least patient person ever lol! I don't know 'what's made the biggest impact on my mood, whether it's the fluoxetine or the HRT regime I was originally on, but I won't change anything before seeing Dr Panay in April. I can't tell you how touched I am by all your support and encouragement. I hope you're doing well?

And Bring me sunshine, it's a pleasure! Have you seen the film The Lake House by any chance? The message is ?wait? :) None of this is a quick fix. The reasons I personally wanted to try HRT was because I felt like antidepressants were unreliable (I had a relapse back in 2017 and had to increase the dose which had previously worked for me) and they didn't stop other issues like facial hair and night sweats before every period. It may be that HRT can just stop working, but as Ladybt28 says, hang in there a little longer because otherwise you just won't know.
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2020, 02:38:10 PM »

The patience gene passed me by  ::)

The longer the body has been suffering the more time it takes to absorb medication, certainly I found that 4 me with anti-depressant medication. Not like pain relief which kicks in quite fast. 

Redlocks

« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2020, 03:57:40 PM »

Aww, bless ya CLKD, same here! :) How are you doing?
X

CLKD

« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2020, 04:35:30 PM »

:thankyou:   Half a day at a time!  Most mornings I wake low, not wanting to open my eyes to the Day.  Then once I've eaten breakfast and watched the birds, my mood lifts.  If I do things spontaneously I am much better than if we have to plan anything!

:tulips2:

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2020, 05:30:37 PM »

Hello Redlocks and CKLD always good advice thank you again.

I just looked up the film "The Lake House" it sounds good and I like who is in it.  I have made a note and when I can concentrate longer again then I will most certainly watch it, thanks for the recommendation.

CKLD waking in the morning is such a disappointment.  I felt calm last night wathing White House Farm and concentrated as I remember it well at the time it happened in 1985.  I went to bed hopeful and then yuk!!  I bought one of those sunrise clocks (lumie-or loony a friend calls it; reference to me I think!) so at least the room was sunshiny even though my mood wasnt.

Keep going we will xx

CLKD

« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2020, 06:18:05 PM »

I find that once up and at it, I begin to feel better.  I think for me my body needs fuelling  :-\.  Lunch is my hardest meal time as breakfast is always the same so doesn't take much thinking about and DH is the Chef  ;).  We discuss at 4.30 p.m. what we might want to eat .... he's at the knife and saucepan as I type ;-).

Batch cooking is useful.  Saves having to think too much about what we might like.  We also have junk occasionally  ;)

Redlocks

« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2020, 11:19:35 AM »

I've had a couple of evenings this past week and since I became unwell again where I've felt normal, as if nothing had happened, and then in the mornings the anxiety has taken over.
I've just had a horrible panic attack this morning and I'm so scared :( So I can relate to the ups and downs. As I said I've had anxiety and depression for years but I cannot remember it going on this long whilst being on SSRIs.
X

Redlocks

« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2020, 11:11:44 AM »

Hello ladies,
Just so you know I'm going to take a short break from the forum as I'm really not well right now and must concentrate on getting better. I will of course let you know if there's any improvement but since yesterday I've completely relapsed - I had no appetite, and I thought my period started and then it disappeared. Crazy hormones...
X

CLKD

« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2020, 03:14:11 PM »

....... and breath!   :tulips2:

Redlocks

« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2020, 06:45:08 PM »

Thanks CLKD! I'm a shallow breather.
Felt a lot better yesterday and up and down again today, same old...plus I was meant to get a period and then didn't for the first time since I've been on HRT :/ I'm wondering if going from 200mg to 100mg of progesterone has made me extra ?crazy?...
X

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]