Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Flexi hours  (Read 840 times)

babycham48

Flexi hours
« on: January 24, 2020, 11:50:02 AM »

Morning lovely ladies
I am new here. I would be grateful if someone could guide me with compressed hours in work, i have requested my shifts rota with a gap in them as i am sleep deprived, my manager says they will look into it but this is making me extrememy anxious incase it is refused. I work as a clinical & complex needs carer for a private client, I have had a meeting with Unison but as its a private client there doesnt seem to have to follow any policies, its making me ill knowing I have to look after somebody knowing my sleep is sometimes really rubbish, I was thinking of asking my doctor for some sort if letter, once again explaining my anxieties with my work rota, I love my job but atm I just want to curl up in bed and stay there day and night crying. Sorry for the long post, i have an appointment for my 5 week review at the doctors next week concerning recently starting on my HRT.x

Turkish delight

Re: Flexi hours
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 01:15:50 PM »

Hia and welcome,

Insomnia seems to be a big topic today and a big menopausal symptom causing so much stress and anxiety.
Try not to second guess what will happen re rota, it may be good news, and your not doing yourself any favours worrying, that'll effect your sleep too.
Do you have any leave left you can take a few days holiday from work to catch up on sleep?

How long have you been on hrt? You mentioned starting recently?

TD

babycham48

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 01:35:19 PM »

Hi td
Thank you for your swift response, i have been on hrt 5 weeks now and have some time off next week, i am workin all this weekend. You are probs right with me second guessing but my stress levels are going thru the roof cos of sleepless nights. I will see what happens next week. Just talking to someone has helped, Thank you so much.x

Turkish delight

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 01:47:09 PM »

Don't mention it, I'm happy to help  :-*

I feel you on the sleep deprivation, it almost drove me nuts. It's a basic human need and not getting enough can cause problems to crop up everywhere else in life.

5 weeks, you are still a young pup speaking in hrt terms, hang in there. In the meantime can you give us some deets on your hrt regime? Stage of meno?
Age ect. Flesh out the bones so others can know more how to help you.

TD

babycham48

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 02:05:30 PM »

Hi t.d
I will be 53 next week and on my 5th week with utrogestan 100mg tablet plus elleste solo 40mg patch. There is a shortage of combined product here so i paid for 2 individual hrt replacement products as i was desperate to begin my treatment. I went into work last week on only 1 hours sleep, i emailed my line mngr explaining my predicament but i dont hold out much hope thats why i asked Unison, and was told i can put in a request, was wondering if i asked my d.r for a note, as i am having anxiety attacks at night now,  it may help with securing compressed hours which would not impede on my work colleagues or client.x

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 02:36:07 PM »

Are seeing any improvement since starting hrt? As has been said it's early days yet, it took 3 months for my anxiety and insomnia to go. It seems to need a build up of oestrogen. If you see no improvement soon it might be worth trying a cyclical regime in case you don't get on well with utrogeston. I didn't find anything else that helped, sleeping tablets left me feeling just as bad the next day.

Turkish delight

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 03:20:44 PM »

I'd try getting the Docs note, heck whats to lose.

Your in a pickle with 1 hours sleep, it's just not a situation you can carry on with really, somethings gotta give.

BTW how are you taking the utro? Vaginally or orally? At night before bed?

TD

babycham48

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 04:29:42 PM »

Thank you sheila99 & stellajane & turkish delight, i was and still am so positive about hrt working for me but i really cant cope with lack of sleep, i do have sedatives but like you said sheila99 they just make me feel so bad the next day, i am usually such a happy optimistic person but i am really struggling atm..i will deffo ask the d.r next week for a note and have phoned acas who also say ask too.xx  hope you ladies are well too and thank you so much you really have helped my mindset.xx