Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 196818 times)

Sparrow

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2565 on: October 12, 2020, 06:37:51 AM »

I’m not sure about that research CLKD. I’ve read other stuff that contradicts those findings (can’t remember where as I’ve read so much). Apparently the tests use a much more concentrated amount of the virus which in reality wouldn’t happen.
Tbh there have been so many differing reports and lies it’s just so hard to know what to believe.

Yes, there was a piece in yesterday's Sunday Times.  Conclusion being that the virus doesn't last long on surfaces, and at very low levels anyway.

I'll find the exact wording later.

Sparrow

« Reply #2566 on: October 12, 2020, 06:58:14 AM »

Good point Teresa.  Hadn't thought of that.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2567 on: October 12, 2020, 08:13:41 AM »

DH had a look-C at the various studies after I pointed out the above to him.  Apparently the Virus was kept in sterile conditions at a regular temp so forget what I posted  ::).  I'll edit .............

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2568 on: October 12, 2020, 08:31:24 AM »

Let's see what Boris has to say later.  :-\

Sparrow

« Reply #2569 on: October 12, 2020, 09:11:48 AM »

Found the Times piece.  It was a letter, not an article. 

From - Professor Emeritus Ronald Eccles, former director (1988-2017) of the Common Cold Centre Cardiff University.

You are completely correct to report that touching door handles probably will not infect you with Covid-19 (News, last week).  Nearly all studies on the virus survival use culture medium, which is a friendly environment for viruses, but viruses are transmitted in respiratory mucus, which is a hostile environment as it contains antibodies and peroxidase.

This point has clearly not got through - as you indicate, hospitals, companies and public agencies spend billions of pounds on deep cleaning.  I have been contacted numerous times by large organisations asking if the should clean all commonly touched surfaces in offices every night to prevent the spread of colds.

My reply has been that these surfaces will clear themselves of infectious viruses overnight - without cleaning.

sheila99

« Reply #2570 on: October 12, 2020, 10:05:36 AM »

Postmen have told me that the virus doesn't last long on paper, otherwise wouldn't many more postal workers be effected? ???
So that's why it takes my post a week to arrive, 3 days isolation for it before it's handled by someone else  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #2571 on: October 12, 2020, 10:26:35 AM »

Now sheila - it's those tups running free  ;D

Tnx. Shadyglade.  I don't suppose Boris will spring any surprises? 

Sparrow

« Reply #2572 on: October 18, 2020, 07:38:36 AM »

A really interesting article on the protocol and objectives of the Pharma companies who are developing Covid vaccines

https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamhaseltine/2020/09/23/covid-19-vaccine-protocols-reveal-that-trials-are-designed-to-succeed/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 07:41:33 AM by Shadyglade »

suzysunday

« Reply #2573 on: October 18, 2020, 12:41:41 PM »

Not very encouraging but not surprising.

Two hoots

« Reply #2574 on: October 18, 2020, 07:49:15 PM »

For the last 3 weeks I haven't been able to travel out of the county, my in laws live in the next county so no visits  :( but tomorrow everyone is expecting the announcement that a total lockdown will start in Friday for 2 weeks, it started in the spring with a 3 week lockdown that lasted 4 months here  >:(

Everyone I have spoken with is so angry this is happening again, we feel this should be a last resort not something the Welsh Assembly should do every few months, it didn't work in March why should it work now  >:(

Be thankful if you don’t live in Wales, at least you get to choose to go out or shield  :-\

Sparrow

« Reply #2575 on: October 18, 2020, 08:02:26 PM »

For the last 3 weeks I haven't been able to travel out of the county, my in laws live in the next county so no visits  :( but tomorrow everyone is expecting the announcement that a total lockdown will start in Friday for 2 weeks, it started in the spring with a 3 week lockdown that lasted 4 months here  >:(

Everyone I have spoken with is so angry this is happening again, we feel this should be a last resort not something the Welsh Assembly should do every few months, it didn't work in March why should it work now  >:(

Be thankful if you don’t live in Wales, at least you get to choose to go out or shield  :-\

That's terrible TH.  It's all going too far now and even WHO are warning against lockdown.

Touch wood the infection rate in Kent is only 30 per 100,000 so everything is pretty calm here.

CLKD

« Reply #2576 on: October 18, 2020, 08:13:20 PM »

We don't know what did/not work.  It was about 'saving the NHS'.  A fire break may well work if people keep to the restrictions.  By now however, across England, Scotland and Wales, enough is known about which places are now clean enough to remain open: i.e. Gyms, Dental Surgeries, Hairdressers and nail salons as these are 'clean' industries. 

At least we aren't under constant shelling, we have access to fresh water, electricity and food .........

Kathleen

« Reply #2577 on: October 18, 2020, 08:22:49 PM »

Hello ladies.

I follow Dr John Campbell who regularly looks at the latest research on COVID.  Recently he has discussed studies that found low levels of vitamin D  and also Zinc were responsible for poorer outcomes in those infected.  He says that simple and cheap supplementation would have huge benefits but it seems that everyone is  fixating on developing expensive vaccines.

Anyone interested in discovering more can find him on YouTube. Incidentally he often  summarises  his findings at the beginning of the video so people in a hurry don't have to watch the whole thing.

Take care ladies.

K.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2578 on: October 18, 2020, 10:24:07 PM »

Kathleen...i follow Dr Campbell, i having been taking Vitamin D and nagging my teens too since he first mentioned it several months back.

Sparrow

« Reply #2579 on: October 19, 2020, 06:47:06 AM »

Here is another excellent article from the FT.

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-global-data/
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 179