Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194130 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2415 on: August 06, 2020, 11:56:30 AM »

Coronavirus: Safety concerns halt use of 50 million NHS masks

U really could't write it  :bang: :bang: :bang:

CLKD

« Reply #2416 on: August 06, 2020, 11:57:01 AM »

Did anyone watch Chris and Zandd last night ?  Quite informative and moving.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #2417 on: August 06, 2020, 03:34:15 PM »

I had it on in the background, very moving

CLKD

« Reply #2418 on: August 06, 2020, 04:25:22 PM »

It would seem that many, unreported patients, after discharge from ICU are sent to a rehabilitation ward to learn to walk, talk, swallow, breath - 1 problem is that the thigh muscles atrophy really fast so over-all body strength disappears.  It would seem too that strokes are a side effect of the virus, with swelling in the brain as the body fights it.

CLKD

« Reply #2419 on: August 14, 2020, 07:05:18 AM »

It's in a sandwich making factory for M&S of over 2,000 workers ......... Northampton, Kettering and Bedford have been hot spots all along so why they don't shut Norhtampton down sooner rather than later?  What R they waiting for!

The Company concerned have apparently employed their own testing Company - it's a family who tested positive initially.  As the Managing Director said to the Press however many guidelines we use in the Company we are not responsible for family behaviour out side

Many of these employers historically have whole families working for them.  Mining industry, catering companies, factories, shoe makers .......

CLKD

« Reply #2420 on: August 22, 2020, 04:53:24 PM »

You really couldn't make it up  ;D

1 report today states that it will be over in 2 years
Another states that we will have to live with C-19 for ever - I couldn't be bothered to read either  ::)

The Factory in Northampton has been closed for 2 weeks for a deep clean  :-\ why wait this long?  299 people tested positive out of over 2,500 employees.  It will be interesting to see if any other results are reported to the Press.

And what's with teachers and pupils testing +ve when they have been in School for less than 2 weeks  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #2421 on: August 24, 2020, 05:45:12 PM »

Another school in Scotland closed as most of the Staff affected by C-19 and a few children  :-\

Sparrow

« Reply #2422 on: August 24, 2020, 06:27:15 PM »

I wouldn't panic Teresa.

Schools in Scandinavia had a very short lockdown, and it hasn't caused a surge.

CLKD

« Reply #2423 on: August 24, 2020, 07:00:36 PM »

It's happening all over the UK.  One school has children with special needs to have more staff, all of who have been tested positive - but HOW!  Were they not tested during the last few months?

Taz2

« Reply #2424 on: August 24, 2020, 08:57:02 PM »

Not sure what you mean CLKD?

Taz x :-\

Kathleen

« Reply #2425 on: August 25, 2020, 11:32:47 AM »

Hello ladies.

In Scotland a newly opened school found nineteen teachers tested positive and the school has closed again (I think I've got that right but don't quote me on it lol.)

COVID cases are likely to increase when the schools in England return and how those situations will be managed is anyone's guess.

Take care all.

K.

C.C.

« Reply #2426 on: August 25, 2020, 12:10:44 PM »

Our schools open in two weeks and the provincial government has said elementary schools will have all kids back at once (no staggered starts) and no cap on classroom size...wth? They want to cohort the kids to reduce risk of transmission, all kids over the age of 7 will have to wear masks as well as physically distance (6 ft).  Does this sound like a safe plan? Of course parents have the choice not to send their kids and continue to use remote learning but not all parents can stay home any longer.  I work in an elementary school and I am very concerned that this plan won't be safe at all!  Other school boards are modifying their re-entry plans to suit there own needs and demands of the parents. Things keep changing on a daily basis so it might look different come Sept. 8th.

Barnacle

« Reply #2427 on: August 25, 2020, 01:14:59 PM »

My two go back next Thursday. Apparently it will year group bubbles, so 300-350 kids in each bubble. The school serves a massive rural area, so the vast majority of kids travel to school by bus, which will have all years mixed on them. Makes no sense to me, none of it!!!

Salad

« Reply #2428 on: August 25, 2020, 03:30:31 PM »

My two go back next Thursday. Apparently it will year group bubbles, so 300-350 kids in each bubble. The school serves a massive rural area, so the vast majority of kids travel to school by bus, which will have all years mixed on them. Makes no sense to me, none of it!!!

That really doesn’t make sense, does it Barnacle  ::)

A bit like when I visited a nursery for work and the Manager said how hard they were working to keep children in separate bubbles with an allocated team of staff - only to find the parents let all the children play together at a nearby park when they left the nursery  :-\

Barnacle

« Reply #2429 on: August 25, 2020, 03:44:51 PM »

The school have said that they can wear masks if they want to, but it is not compulsary. That could all change though, as usually Boris seems to follow what Sturgeon says.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 179