Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194095 times)

Barnacle

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2400 on: August 01, 2020, 08:33:02 PM »

Phew, tnx.  People do get cut off by the Tide there ........ a few years ago DH and I stayed in a B&B so enjoyed several days there, walking from the town to the beach which we hadn't done previously.  Small car park still there.  Lifeboat there.  We love Holt too ;-)

Were people wearing masks?
[/quote

]Yes, the lifeboat is still there and there are always lots of lifeguards about. There is a small car park on the quayside, a couple of larger ones as you drive into town and then the one we usually use, which is right next to the beach, although this one does fill up very quickly.

People were obviously wearing them in shops, but not many were wearing them just walking around.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2401 on: August 02, 2020, 07:28:59 AM »

It was there that we saw a plant growing - name escapes me - oh, sea buckthorn - for the 1st time. 

Wonder what tricks Boris will announce today.  Obviously has no idea how the rest of the World operates in order to pay the bills!

Joaniepat

« Reply #2402 on: August 02, 2020, 07:39:52 AM »

It was there that we saw a plant growing - name escapes me - oh, sea buckthorn - for the 1st time. 
Sea buckthorn: the berries taste quite nice. They can ferment when overripe, and the birds get drunk from eating them.
JP x

CLKD

« Reply #2403 on: August 02, 2020, 07:42:51 AM »

Bright orange berries?  Pale grey spikey 'leaves'?  Would make good hedging ;-)

Joaniepat

« Reply #2404 on: August 02, 2020, 08:07:18 AM »

That's the one. Saw a lot on the coast in N Ireland years ago, nice to nibble on as you wander about.

CLKD

« Reply #2405 on: August 02, 2020, 11:35:53 AM »

But U don't know whether a fly has peed on the berries  :o

Any1 gone into isolation again ........ it's getting hard to listen to Boris who alters his mind so often: driven from behind?

Kathleen

« Reply #2406 on: August 03, 2020, 03:59:15 PM »

Hello ladies.

I see from the lunchtime news that testing kits will soon be available that can detect  infection in 90 minutes and  another device looks at COVID DNA  so a person can learn if they have already had the disease.

We clearly need to find ways of living with the virus and I think the above developments are very promising.

Meanwhile the safest thing is to avoid getting the disease in the first place is.

Take care ladies.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #2407 on: August 03, 2020, 04:15:18 PM »

Apparently they want the one 50s to isolate now  :-\ ..........  :bang:  well they'll have to fight me for my date of birth.  Apparently there is likely to be a test which returns results in 90 mins., that's been available in the sporting world for months so it's nice to see it being rolled out to the public.  Now we need to learn how long the incubation period might be because someone might test negative 1 day but within a short while, be a carrier or infected.

Thinking of the F1 driver who sent to Mexico and tested positive last week prior to the F1 Grand Prix: was he already a carrier, had he become infected on the plane, when he was in Mexico ...... whilst medical details should be confidential, by finding out the time-line of a specific person should be useful to the overall picture of how C-19 travels. 

Sparrow

« Reply #2408 on: August 03, 2020, 04:45:30 PM »

Hello ladies.

I see from the lunchtime news that testing kits will soon be available that can detect  infection in 90 minutes and  another device looks at COVID DNA  so a person can learn if they have already had the disease.

We clearly need to find ways of living with the virus and I think the above developments are very promising.

Meanwhile the safest thing is to avoid getting the disease in the first place is.

Take care ladies.

K.

Good news Kathleen.

The virus will not be going away but needs to be managed.  Quicker testing will be a great help.

suzysunday

« Reply #2409 on: August 03, 2020, 04:45:57 PM »

Who do they think is going to do the jobs the over 50s do and who is supposed to bring all the groceries while we are all stuck in.  If they think we are all so decrepit they should pay the state pension to all over 60s.   They are really annoying me now!

CLKD

« Reply #2410 on: August 03, 2020, 05:09:01 PM »

Oh well said suzysunday, I hadn't thought of the Pension aspect.  The goal posts have been moved so many times  >:(

Sadly, I no longer look 21  ;D so maybe a berker might be useful after all?  Wish I could spell  :-\

Sparrow

« Reply #2411 on: August 03, 2020, 05:23:19 PM »

Who do they think is going to do the jobs the over 50s do and who is supposed to bring all the groceries while we are all stuck in.  If they think we are all so decrepit they should pay the state pension to all over 60s.   They are really annoying me now!

It's just a rumour and Ministers are saying it won't happen. 

It wouldn't work anyway.  Just more press hype.

CLKD

« Reply #2412 on: August 03, 2020, 05:44:29 PM »

Press Hype has been followed through on many occasions and since when have Ministers had a say in any of this?

Same as shutting Pubs so that kids can return to School .......... it's more important to get businesses up and running!

CLKD

« Reply #2413 on: August 04, 2020, 05:57:29 PM »

Now Care Homes are having to wait until Sept. for testing kits  >:(

One Scientist on ITV News earlier explained that as long as the whole supply chain for C-19 tests can be obtained, they should be able to maintain and eventually increase the amount of weekly testing, but he isn't holding his breath.

CLKD

« Reply #2414 on: August 05, 2020, 06:21:20 AM »

So there's no need to shut public spaces then or confine the over 50s - we need to steer clear of anything under the age of 80 ? ;-)

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 179