Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194095 times)

Katejo

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2310 on: July 12, 2020, 06:17:11 PM »

Yes common in China but didn't do them much good did it  :-\
I seriously don't want to wear a mask,I overheat as it is  :'( I DONT want this to be the new norm,it's horrific if they make it compulsory,how long before you can stop wearing them,a month a year,it's a slippery slope

I agree absolutely! i don't want it to be a new 'norm'.  I had a big argument with a woman on FB today who insisted that we needed to wear masks permanently outside the house. I said no if we were outside and alone or 2 M from the next person. Her response was to say that I  was probably anti vax and a believer in a flat earth!  :( ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2311 on: July 12, 2020, 06:19:08 PM »

I don't believe that we should vaccinate for everything because that's why we are here now?  >ducks<

We were advised earlier on by the 'experts' that masks don't protect the wearer ......... 'they' are getting a bit like Germany from 1933 onwards with all the sudden rules for the public  :-\
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 06:47:34 PM by CLKD »

Sparrow

« Reply #2312 on: July 12, 2020, 06:20:30 PM »

Yes, there's a whole new breed mask fanatics out there Katejo  >:(

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2313 on: July 12, 2020, 06:26:58 PM »

Yes, they said wearing a mask wouldn't do anything because the germ is that tiny, it'll get through. They have to be ' proper masks', especially made so that you can't inhale the germ. Also, the germ can infect you by getting into any orifice. So, ears, eyes, cuts, etc. So apart from going around in a tied up black bag, nothings going to help!

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2314 on: July 12, 2020, 06:27:40 PM »

You can fall off the end anyway! 😆😂

CLKD

« Reply #2315 on: July 12, 2020, 06:48:58 PM »

Burka anyone ?  There are some lovely ethnic face coverings on line but they have to be fitted by the person who makes them.  I wish I was handy with a needle  :-\

Hurdity

« Reply #2316 on: July 12, 2020, 07:43:53 PM »

Face coverings. There is a new study reviewing their use and the verdict is yes they work:

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-07-08-oxford-covid-19-study-face-masks-and-coverings-work-act-now

What's to lose by trying to protect others and providing some protection to yourself?

We need rules because many of the public  lack "common sense" as seen on the media. This is not a question of civil liberties or any such nonsense. There is a world pandemic which won't go away until (if) there is a vaccine (might need to be given annually) combined with appropriate treatment to mitigate the most serious cases. The sooner we comply to help keep infection down the less likely it will have a chance to get a hold again, maybe mutate and possibly become more virulent. I consider it our duty to comply with these recommendations so if we have to wear masks in a supermarket etc so be it. It will be for the good of everyone.

Hurdity x

sheila99

« Reply #2317 on: July 12, 2020, 09:09:04 PM »

Funny how they think you'll spread it in a shop but not in a pub. Smacks of politics not science to me. They've even said people might feel safer going to the shops if people wear masks.

anais

« Reply #2318 on: July 12, 2020, 10:21:59 PM »

I'm with Hurdity on this issue. I will wear a mask in a shop, in a hospital or other healthcare facility, in a taxi on on a bus. it's my decision to do so. My priority is to protect myself. I don't trust many people to act in the interests of the greater good. Too many people are only interested in their own selfish needs in the moment. We saw that with the panic buying and empty supermarket shelves in March ? with the result that a lot of food went to waste while the more vulnerable went without. I live in London but I listen to the recommendations in Scotland as because the the advice is clear, whereas the advice for England from the UK government is all over the place, and people aren't complying anyway.

Today I read the lasted figures from the data collected via the Covid-19 Study app & Kings College London. The R rate in London, by their estimation is currently R1.3. There has been a small but gradual increase in the infection rate in London from around 2nd/3rd July. My friend tells me that hardly anyone is wearing masks on the tube even though it's compulsory. The fact is, the virus doesn't spread of its own accord ? people spread the virus. Also, the virus hasn't just magically disappeared. it's still out there and it's still as dangerous as it was in March and April.

If I lived in a little village or market town in the shire counties where maybe the risk wasn't so high then there may be more leeway, but in London there are too many people, many living under the radar for whatever reason and many, many more who only think of themselves and feel no responsibility towards others. So my attitude is to look after my needs. it's not a principle. it's not about ?obeying? nor do I feel 'they? are 'telling me what to do?. I'm an intelligent woman. I take my information from the people who have medical and scientific expertise, not from newspapers or from the government and certainly not from social media. I make my decisions accordingly. Everyone else is free to do their own research and make their own decisions. I do what I feel is right for me. Remember. I live in inner London where life is often chaotic and there is very little social cohesion. It may well be different elsewhere.

Katejo

« Reply #2319 on: July 12, 2020, 10:28:23 PM »

I'm with Hurdity on this issue. I will wear a mask in a shop, in a hospital or other healthcare facility, in a taxi on on a bus. it's my decision to do so. My priority is to protect myself. I don't trust many people to act in the interests of the greater good. Too many people are only interested in their own selfish needs in the moment. We saw that with the panic buying and empty supermarket shelves in March ? with the result that a lot of food went to waste while the more vulnerable went without. I live in London but I listen to the recommendations in Scotland as because the the advice is clear, whereas the advice for England from the UK government is all over the place, and people aren't complying anyway.

Today I read the lasted figures from the data collected via the Covid-19 Study app & Kings College London. The R rate in London, by their estimation is currently R1.3. There has been a small but gradual increase in the infection rate in London from around 2nd/3rd July. My friend tells me that hardly anyone is wearing masks on the tube even though it's compulsory. The fact is, the virus doesn't spread of its own accord ? people spread the virus. Also, the virus hasn't just magically disappeared. it's still out there and it's still as dangerous as it was in March and April.

If I lived in a little village or market town in the shire counties where maybe the risk wasn't so high then there may be more leeway, but in London there are too many people, many living under the radar for whatever reason and many, many more who only think of themselves and feel no responsibility towards others. So my attitude is to look after my needs. it's not a principle. it's not about ?obeying? nor do I feel 'they? are 'telling me what to do?. I'm an intelligent woman. I take my information from the people who have medical and scientific expertise, not from newspapers or from the government and certainly not from social media. I make my decisions accordingly. Everyone else is free to do their own research and make their own decisions. I do what I feel is right for me. Remember. I live in inner London where life is often chaotic and there is very little social cohesion. It may well be different elsewhere.
  On my recent tube journeys,  most people have been wearing masks.

Sparrow

« Reply #2320 on: July 13, 2020, 01:34:07 PM »

But most shop workers don't where masks.  Neither do they seem to be bothered about social distancing.

This government couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.  It's just another Boris balls up.

Sorry for the swearing 🤬

Sparrow

« Reply #2321 on: July 13, 2020, 02:08:43 PM »

Not if you are claustrophobic.

CLKD

« Reply #2322 on: July 13, 2020, 02:20:35 PM »

they are phaffing as usual.  Shall we/not have to wear masks?  Boris is obviously waiting for messages from on high otherwise, make the bl&&&y decision.

As for testing: well Matt Hancock apparently achieved the numbers per day but how many are aware that those tests were sent to the US or Germany for processing; as well as how many were lost.  My sister's Home had 15 Staff tested by the NHS - 7 of the results have never turned up, 2 were lost for days, 1 turned up in the GP Surgery ........ probably due to the number of tests having been achieved for that particular day.  Not that I'm cynical .......

Also the Chinese and many in Asia wear masks routinely: it got *them* where exactly  :-\

Good article by Allison Pearson last week - stating more or less what my sister and I have been saying since mid-March .  But more eloquently.  Obviously ...........

In England it is essential to wear a mask on public transport.  Apart from the driver ........

Northampton, Kettering and Bedford have the highest continual death rate ..............

Sparrow

« Reply #2323 on: July 13, 2020, 02:27:09 PM »

Anyone know when we  are getting the Track and Trace app.

Another success story, not.

Sparrow

« Reply #2324 on: July 13, 2020, 02:39:28 PM »

I'm sorry Folklass, I laughed out loud when I read your post.

Take a look at the NHS website at the symptoms of claustrophobia. 

As someone who has has it all my life I can assure you that no mask is suitable.

I have a collection to prove it.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 179