Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 196789 times)

suzysunday

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2280 on: July 10, 2020, 08:46:41 PM »

Yes it's on the news they are considering mandatory masks in shops in England.  I really don't want that. I use buses and have to use them there.  It seems after 4 months why are they doing it now?  Especially as they want people to spend money in shops.  Numbers are limited to go in shops so it seems like making it up as they go along.

Sparrow

« Reply #2281 on: July 10, 2020, 09:05:13 PM »

They trigger my claustrophobia.  I may have to buy a face shield and see if that less restrictive.

Blot

« Reply #2282 on: July 10, 2020, 09:38:41 PM »

I wear one all day at work and my specs keep steaming up. I will wear one in the shops if we have to but the logic of it escapes me. Loads of drinkers don't have to but if you pop into the shop for 10 mins you do?
Yes they are making it up as they go along.

sheila99

« Reply #2283 on: July 11, 2020, 08:13:34 AM »

Seems to be a political decision. They think people will feel safer so more will return to the shops. When they make people in pubs wear one I might believe there's a scientific reason behind it.

Sparrow

« Reply #2284 on: July 11, 2020, 08:41:10 AM »

Shady I think they are although a friend of mine has to wear one at work and finds as a specs wearer they're hard to keep in place.x

Well I think that means I won't be going into shops then, if it's made mandatory.

That will be a shock for my husband.  I'll have to send him into the supermarket with a list.  We could end up with beer and chocolate biscuits.  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2285 on: July 11, 2020, 08:46:20 AM »

I can't find anything on line to suggest this idea - stable; horse; bolted  :-\ and if people put on/remove masks that will spread the virus really quickly within the home  >:(

Joaniepat

« Reply #2286 on: July 11, 2020, 08:48:30 AM »

Shadyglade, ;D (Could be worse I suppose!)

If anyone finds a solution to the mask/steamy glasses issue I'd love to hear about it.

JP x

CLKD

« Reply #2287 on: July 11, 2020, 08:50:37 AM »

Also my masks are pristine, I don't want to contaminate them  ;D. Time to begin a 'save the mask' group .............

littleminnie

« Reply #2288 on: July 11, 2020, 09:07:44 AM »

Shady I think they are although a friend of mine has to wear one at work and finds as a specs wearer they're hard to keep in place.x

Well I think that means I won't be going into shops then, if it's made mandatory.

That will be a shock for my husband.  I'll have to send him into the supermarket with a list.  We could end up with beer and chocolate biscuits.  ::)

Throw in wine and I?ll move into your house. 

Taz2

« Reply #2289 on: July 11, 2020, 09:21:10 AM »

Shadyglade, ;D (Could be worse I suppose!)

If anyone finds a solution to the mask/steamy glasses issue I'd love to hear about it.

JP x

You can get anti-fogging spray I think which might help. There are lots of tips on the internet too. A friend uses the double sided tape trick. Places a strip on the bridge of her nose and then presses the mask on to it. It's all to do with fit.  :-\

Taz x

suzysunday

« Reply #2290 on: July 11, 2020, 10:20:28 AM »

People don't wear masks properly, including me.  They are up and. down all the time, under their chins then back up.  Dr. Harries who was on the downing street updates pointed out risks like the virus getting trapped behind the mask, you could end up infecting yourself.  Seeing pictures of people going to pubs and no distance and no masks would make a mockery of them being mandatory in shops.

Sparrow

« Reply #2291 on: July 11, 2020, 11:46:35 AM »

The daft thing is that when infections were at the highest, most people were in supermarkets with no masks.  Where is the logic???

Kathleen

« Reply #2292 on: July 11, 2020, 12:14:24 PM »

Help ladies.

The New York Times has  published a study that looked at the different infection  rates in North and South California. After allowing for various factors the results concluded that in North California where there has always been a high level of mask wearing the infection rate is much lower than in South California where mask wearing isn't the norm. The conclusion is that masks do make a difference.

Also the WHO has recently said that a mask reduces the amount of viral exposure so if someone does become infected they will have a much less severe course of the disease.

Where I live very few people are wearing masks when out and about but that will obviously change if it becomes mandatory. I have some standard issue ones at the ready but there's a hand made pink one on order!

Take care ladies.

K.

sheila99

« Reply #2293 on: July 11, 2020, 12:30:11 PM »

So... as long you don't wear knickers you don't need to wear a mask either?  :o
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 03:37:31 PM by sheila99 »

CLKD

« Reply #2294 on: July 11, 2020, 12:31:44 PM »

It's in shops, hospitals and GP surgeries thus far.  Which means that many will give up on physically going shopping and will order on line.  That's a good idea then Boris ?

Who is pulling his strings  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 179