Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194115 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1890 on: May 09, 2020, 01:09:31 PM »

It was talked about on various news streams weeks ago but never happened: and again yesterday when it was muted  ......... hotels were certainly mentioned.

Herd immunity simply won't happen for several years.  Despite what the Prof who stepped down recently initially thought: and believed, hence his allowing the girlfriend to travel across London to visit him  ::)  There R still too many unknowns and not enough truth being put out to encourage the public to accept the advice/Laws under a State of Emergency.  Wonder how often Boris has changed his mind today  ???

Sparrow

« Reply #1891 on: May 09, 2020, 01:11:59 PM »

Yep, remember when he laughed about visiting a hospital, and shaking hands, right at the beginning of the crisis.

Very funny.

Sparrow

« Reply #1892 on: May 13, 2020, 09:38:36 AM »

The Guardian is reporting this morning, that the real Care homes death rate is 22,000, and not the 10,000 as per government figures.  If so it's truly shocking and a daming indictment of how this government has handled the crisis.

CLKD

« Reply #1893 on: May 13, 2020, 11:36:53 AM »

It depends on how many GPs filled Death Certificates incorrectly  >:(.  Many have signed C-19 when residents haven't shown any symptoms.  Not many GPs would have seen C-19 first hand. 

Teresa - I began a 2nd thread about the new surges .......

sheila99

« Reply #1894 on: May 13, 2020, 12:15:54 PM »

The Guardian is guessing just like everyone else. Unless someone has tested positive you just don't know. I'm sure there are some who died from CV but it isn't on their death certificate and vice versa
I think Teresa's right, there'll be a spike 2-3 after the Bank Holiday.

Sparrow

« Reply #1895 on: May 13, 2020, 01:14:54 PM »

It's not a guess.  The LSE have been through the data, and it's their conclusion.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 01:33:47 PM by Shadyglade »

CLKD

« Reply #1896 on: May 13, 2020, 03:48:29 PM »

Who is the LSE?

Also I know that many GPs have signed C-19 on Death Certs. without a test or symptoms.  There was a huge article in the Daily Telegraph 1 day last week about the fact that many DCs are going to be incorrect.  Which is actually a Crime. 

Sparrow

« Reply #1897 on: May 13, 2020, 04:20:56 PM »

London School of Economics.

sheila99

« Reply #1898 on: May 13, 2020, 04:32:03 PM »

It's not a guess.  The LSE have been through the data, and it's their conclusion.
Sorry I was wrong. I hadn't realised they were clairvoyant. Perhaps they could tell us the lottery numbers too?  ;D

Sparrow

« Reply #1899 on: May 13, 2020, 04:36:22 PM »

:rofl:

Oh, you are a one Sheila.

Current figures of course.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 04:39:31 PM by Shadyglade »

Hurdity

« Reply #1900 on: May 13, 2020, 04:59:50 PM »

Herd immunity simply won't happen for several years.  Despite what the Prof who stepped down recently initially thought: and believed, hence his allowing the girlfriend to travel across London to visit him  ::)  There R still too many unknowns and not enough truth being put out to encourage the public to accept the advice/Laws under a State of Emergency.  Wonder how often Boris has changed his mind today  ???

It was the modelling paper by the epidemiologist, "the Prof who stepped down" (and others?) that actually warned that if the govt adopted the herd immunity strategy in the absence of a vaccine ie letting the disease run its course, there could be 250,000 deaths, and which led rapidly to the lockdown we have been experiencing for the past few weeks in order to "flatten the peak" and ensure hospital admissions remained within capacity (by creating more).

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #1901 on: May 13, 2020, 05:09:35 PM »

The Guardian is guessing just like everyone else. Unless someone has tested positive you just don't know. I'm sure there are some who died from CV but it isn't on their death certificate and vice versa
I think Teresa's right, there'll be a spike 2-3 after the Bank Holiday.

There will of course be some inaccuracies either way but far far more likely that more people died from or hastened by CV19 than has been recorded. You only have to look at the excess deaths so far (ie excess compared with five year average) which is far higher than reported CV positive deaths, and probably even than the total including reported deaths where CV19 was also mentioned but where a positive test had not been obtained.

Who is the LSE?

Also I know that many GPs have signed C-19 on Death Certs. without a test or symptoms.  There was a huge article in the Daily Telegraph 1 day last week about the fact that many DCs are going to be incorrect.  Which is actually a Crime. 

The weekly stats from the ONS paint a clearer picture, and also we have been through this before about death certs. Yes CV19 can be put on the death cert without confirmation but probably less so now that more testing is available which it wasn't before. You said a few weeks back about crimes etc. It's a very complex process not taken lightly I don't imagine. The guidance to doctors is very involved and is available on the web. I posted about this before. I wouldn't trust anything I read in the Telegraph anyway  ;D. Yes there will have been some mistakes I'm sure but I can't imagine they are mostly incorrect and especially not deliberately so  :-\ . From what I've read it is reasonable to put CV19 on the death cert if doc believed that it hastened the person's unfortunate death but that other causes would also be put down. The ONS analysis looks at various scenarios from what I recall. Again very involved.

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #1902 on: May 13, 2020, 05:46:30 PM »

well The Telegraph found out about PMs fudging their expenses claims, anyone remember the duck house in the middle of a pond that the Tax payers were charged for?

They also have access to other issues that organisations probably wouldn't think to investigate. 

It shouldn't be involved.  If someone has shown no symptoms of C-19 but dies then the issue of this particular virus should not be thought about. 

On a slightly different issue: I haven't heard once that Nursing Homes have had any deaths. It's always quoted 'care homes' or 'care sector' so have they all been put together?   

Tc

« Reply #1903 on: May 13, 2020, 06:29:23 PM »

Hiya ladies. Just thought I'd let you know sis MIL is home. She was clapped put of the ward. She finally tested negative. She was definitely treated with hydroxychloroquine. 

Xx

Barnacle

« Reply #1904 on: May 13, 2020, 06:52:41 PM »

That's great news. Tc!  :)
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 179