Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194099 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1860 on: May 06, 2020, 08:07:42 PM »

So leave them there  ;D

Two hoots

« Reply #1861 on: May 07, 2020, 04:39:39 PM »

The number of people getting tested is now up to 86,000 ish per day, but only 5,600 confirmed with it today.  The people being tested needs to be looked into in my opinion, every time I've seen someone interviewed at a drive through centre they looked and sounded perfectly healthy to me.  Can any Tom, Dick or Harry get a test and can you get a test as often as you want ?

Anyone here had a test or tried to get a test, how was the experience  ?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1862 on: May 07, 2020, 05:45:32 PM »

Think it's just key workers TH.
Think you have to find out where the testing stations are, and go. If your a key worker that is. 🤷‍♀️ That's what someone told me anyway.

CLKD

« Reply #1863 on: May 07, 2020, 06:02:38 PM »

Key workers.  Some have had problems - been given a slot, driven there but the queue has been too long for them to wait.  It's about finding out who isn't infected right now, anti-body tests will be available later which is when the public get more idea of the real spread.

Again: they have decided on targets. However many they test daily, the results don't arrive immediately ......... and what's 1 to do, go to work and then be told that 1 has C-19? 

Better to have a thermometer used twice a day to check for temperature levels. 

Tc

« Reply #1864 on: May 07, 2020, 06:09:23 PM »

Jaypo and Two hoots. My sis asked for a test 4 weeks ago  when her MIL who she lives with was hospitalised and tested positive. . She was refused a test but told isolate for 2 weeks.

She is a key worker (works for a pharmacy) and now it seems things have changed and she can get a test but only if she has got symptoms.

And yes jaypo. You could be negative Monday morning. Go into work Monday afternoon, contract it and then spend the next 5 days spreading it before symptoms appear, if they appear at all.

Since this virus is so efficient at spreading by the fact some ppl have no symptoms I dont see how we will ever get on top of spread by only testing those with symptoms.

In my area we all found out through local paper on line AFTER  the event that local town hall had set up a two day testing site.
 1. Frontline key workers with or without symptoms.
2. Anyone who has symptoms and lives with the above or a vulnerable person.
3. Anyone who is not frontline but can't work from home .with, youve guessed it ...symptoms.
 And...
4. Over 65s with symptoms.

Literally, the only place it was announced anywhere ahead of or at the time  was on the head of LA Twitter.  Realy looking to get those over 65s tested by announcing it on Twitter arent they?  :-\

Jilly. How is hubby?

Btw ladies. Sis MIL. When matron/ward manager said she could come home originally last week she said she would need carers and would get them. That was then withdrawn because she is still testing pos matron said  they wont come in. . So no carers but at the same time sis was told she and OH must isolate from her within house because she was still positive. But they were still saying she will need  help washing and toiletting.  How are sis and oh supposed to do that from 2 metres. ?

A  doctor has now stepped in and phoned to say he is not prepared for her to go home testing positive regardless of what else has been said. 

It Smacks of the same old  "bed clearing"  I've seen happen so many times from hospital management.sending ppl home , without a proper care package in place.  Its not just my past experience its so many ppl I know too.. .It was a problem before covid  and seems it still is. And if you havent got a doctor on your side it's hard to fight it.

Xx
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 06:12:15 PM by Tc »

CLKD

« Reply #1865 on: May 07, 2020, 06:13:41 PM »

A Care Package is a legal requirement which is often ignored by Health Authorities due to needing the beds and not having a care system that can cope in the community  :'(

Two hoots

« Reply #1866 on: May 07, 2020, 06:14:26 PM »

Think it's just key workers TH.
Think you have to find out where the testing stations are, and go. If your a key worker that is. 🤷‍♀️ That's what someone told me anyway.

If its key workers I dont mind seeing lots if negative results, but if it was general public I would be disappointed that well people are abusing the system.

CLKD

« Reply #1867 on: May 07, 2020, 06:29:56 PM »

Check on the web for your area to find out where testing stations might be? 

Tc

« Reply #1868 on: May 07, 2020, 06:42:53 PM »

A Care Package is a legal requirement which is often ignored by Health Authorities due to needing the beds and not having a care system that can cope in the community  :'(

My point exactly. It might not be popular to say it at the moment but it's been going on far too long and I didnt realy expect it to change with covid. It's a management issue.

When my late wife was in hospital we were amazed to see a folded white board which was usually kept closed had accidentally been left  open at the nurse station with magnetic  "stars"  attached for how quickly a patient was discharged.  It was purely about date of discharge from date of admittance.  With bronze silver and gold stars for the most to least days. My sis took a photo and a nurse came up and had a right go at us."that's not for you to be looking at".  It was like something kids get at school. Probably some bright spark managers idea but to my mind highly inappropriate when dealing with human beings and just goes to show how out of touch and at odds with the real business of caring for sick people some hospital management can be.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 06:49:23 PM by Tc »

Ju Ju

« Reply #1869 on: May 07, 2020, 08:13:03 PM »

However, when I've been in hospital with asthma problems, they've been very reluctant to let me go. Each time I've gone home a day earlier than they wanted.

Tc

« Reply #1870 on: May 07, 2020, 08:51:09 PM »

Thanks ju ju. It's good to hear another experience and perspective.

Unfortunately my experience with elders among my family and friends it hasnt been the case.  I totally  appreciate the potential for hospital borne infection and that has to be considered too of course.

Xxx
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 08:53:09 PM by Tc »

Two hoots

« Reply #1871 on: May 08, 2020, 10:21:42 AM »

Family in Cornwall on the BBC 19 o?clock news last night have not seen their family that live around the corner since the social distancing stated in March, but are happy to speak to a reporter standing 6 foot away

:sigh:

Salad

« Reply #1872 on: May 08, 2020, 10:24:31 AM »

Family in Cornwall on the BBC 19 o?clock news last night have not seen their family that live around the corner since the social distancing stated in March, but are happy to speak to a reporter standing 6 foot away

:sigh:

I thought exactly that!
Nothing stopping them having a walk that way on their daily exercise either, unless it would be too upsetting I guess.

CLKD

« Reply #1873 on: May 08, 2020, 11:04:29 AM »

People need to get a grip. We are connected more than ever in our History.  I still feel that Journalists are making non-essential journeys why is it OK for them to travel but not others ? 

Sparrow

« Reply #1874 on: May 08, 2020, 11:27:43 AM »

People need to get a grip. We are connected more than ever in our History.  I still feel that Journalists are making non-essential journeys why is it OK for them to travel but not others ?

Including a certain Mr. Farage.  Who had a visit from the police.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 179