Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194147 times)

Tinkerbell

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1815 on: May 04, 2020, 05:18:57 PM »

Obviously really gratefull it didn't progress to something more serious, a local teen ended up on a ventilator because of Covid.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1816 on: May 04, 2020, 05:20:22 PM »

Tnx Taz - again the media don't give us the whole story  >:(

Tc

« Reply #1817 on: May 04, 2020, 05:31:22 PM »

Thanks ladies. They asked if she had a,carer. My sis and oh were not carers for her she didnt need one before this. .  They are awaiting a call about a discharge package this aft. 

Surprised me she is coming home with a positive test. They queried it and  doc said my sis and OH are unlikely to get it because they were living with her when she got it and they havent shown symptoms since. . I'm not quite sure how he can know that TBH.   If she is still contagious then she will be coming back to the house and my sister is then going out working.  I cant see how there is no risk of spread. Unless he knows something we dont.

It goes back to what I've been saying. If people are still testing positive 4 weeks after first positive test then are they still contagious.? Nobody seems to be answering that. . and if they are then why are we still being told ppl.only have to isolate for 7 days with symptoms. ?

Xx

Barnacle

« Reply #1818 on: May 04, 2020, 05:35:10 PM »

I still don't think that anyone knows, even now what advice to give. Great to hear that she has recovered well, Tc x

star35

« Reply #1819 on: May 04, 2020, 05:43:16 PM »

My DD has just tested positive. At the beginning of lockdown she decided to stay with her boyfriend and his parents. His mum then started to show symptoms and was quite ill, they were all told they had to isolate for 14 days, at the end of 14 days his dad was taken into hospital with other health issues no sign of corona but he tested positive. They were told to isolate for another 7 days but before she could return to work they asked her to have a test. So as I said it came back positive but she has not got any symptoms at all not even a temperature. Hopefully she will stay symptom free as she has asthma.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1820 on: May 04, 2020, 05:52:58 PM »

Great news TC. Hope she recovers well. Sending love your way. xx

They said to us when my OH left hospital, just to make sure, to keep our distance from him.
He never tested positive for covid, but they say he had covid related pneumonia.
So we kept our distance from him for about 7. days.

CLKD

« Reply #1821 on: May 04, 2020, 06:00:24 PM »

Teresa - a care package is a legal requirement B4 discharge but that depends on the Health Authority.  Makes it awkward: one has to isolate but needs care  :-\

star35 - does that mean that your daughter is a carrier? positive without symptoms?  I don't think it's known yet how long someone remains contagious ....... whereas some childhood illnesses it is known how long after symptoms appear. 

Perhaps: because she's been in contact with sufferers, DD won't show symptoms if she's had a very mild attack?  Interesting to see if she has anti-bodies?

star35

« Reply #1822 on: May 04, 2020, 06:05:24 PM »

CLKD that's what we were wondering if she is a carrier. She has lots of questions she wants answers to but at the moment she can't find anyone with any answers. She will now have to be tested again before she can return to work.

CLKD

« Reply #1823 on: May 04, 2020, 07:06:53 PM »

How will that test be taken?  Care homes are checking temperatures twice a day to make sure that people aren't extra warm which is one symptom.  Why doesn't she write to Matt Hancock ;-) ?

Tc

« Reply #1824 on: May 04, 2020, 07:26:26 PM »

What would they do, does anyone know, if you lived alone and had no one to nurse you back to health when you got home? Would you stay in Hospital?

Just spoken to sis and they have been offered  carers upto 4times each day.   Sis and oh can still go to work. I suppose if she lived alone it would be the same Teresa. Carers would come in.

She needs to rehabilitate but She wasnt on a ventilator. I think being on a ventilator and the longer one is on it  can cause issues which mean more extensive rehabilitation is needed than if a ventilator isnt used.

There has been a story in my local paper online.. a 90 yr old woman who lives in a care home went to hospital .and later tested positive. Hospital say she is ready  to discharge  but because she is still testing pos the care home dont want her back until.she tests neg . They have no covid so far in there and are acting within guidelines to protect the other residents.

Btw. They have just got a tablet on ward atweekend and linked up to the NHS facetime app. The nurses set it up for her made the call to invite sis on there and held the tablet for her to speak. . They then introduced themselves to sis and oh so they know who theyve been talking to for the last four weeks.  How great is that.  I'm glad theyve got it now and families wont have to wait as long as we did to speak and let loved ones know they are thinking of them. 

Xx

star35

« Reply #1825 on: May 04, 2020, 07:28:06 PM »

The same way they took the first one, a swab from up her nose and the back of her throat. She has no problem getting the test done, it's just all the information after is very vague.

CLKD

« Reply #1826 on: May 04, 2020, 07:28:47 PM »

That is great Tc!  Shows good care and consideration.

Is it blood tests that show anti-bodies?  Will DD be eligible for that too?

star35

« Reply #1827 on: May 04, 2020, 08:00:34 PM »

CLKD I'm not sure if she will be eligible for that I will talk to her again tomorrow, so many questions and not enough answers.

Tc

« Reply #1828 on: May 04, 2020, 08:39:21 PM »

I agree star.

Stella. I understand the care home position too.  The family concerned are complaining saying they want her back in there but she is still testing pos.

As star says, we are now seeing how many questions the testing is throwing up that dont seem to have answers yet.   Xx

Ju Ju

« Reply #1829 on: May 04, 2020, 09:48:42 PM »

Ah thanks everyone. :-*All went fine, only in the hospital half an hour or so, 95 mins drive there.Not a single hunky doctor in sight! ;D Results.on the 15th via telephone

Glad you are ok. Sorry about the lack of hunky doctors! That should have been your reward for having to drive so far! I hope the roads were quiet for you.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 179