Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194097 times)

Jeepers

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1680 on: April 26, 2020, 07:29:03 AM »

I have a friend of a friend who owns a string of care homes. He is super wealthy. I feel so uncomfortable when my friend talks about him, that somehow it's just exploitation of vulnerable people, as well as the staff who no doubt work their socks off for little reward, while he just sits back...

I said as much to my friend, who replied ? but he takes all the financial risk?. I'm quite left wing, and that comment made me cringe.. capitalism at its best!

Jeepers xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1681 on: April 26, 2020, 08:34:18 AM »

Jeepers:  snatched from 'caring for elderly relatives thread'

What people don't realise is that one pays for the whole package: building, maintenance, insurance etc.   DH and I were talking earlier today on the back of this thread and he wishes that the care system was more transparent.  We don't know if Mum is paying the same fees as other self funders ........... or if they see her as a cash cow  :-\.  When fees went up in April the lady who had a separate room has had to double up as her funding has dried up, it's quite common in the care industry.  She does have a property but we don't know if that has already been sold thus far ...... also, relatives do not have to pay for care, it's a choice.  The Government cannot take monies from relatives in order to top up what LA should be paying. 

It's emotional blackmail, because many 'contracts' state that relatives will have to find another situation should for any reason the position 'fails' but it's a bit wishy washy as to what 'failure' would be.  Mum had 7 days notice when Dad was in a Home.  But the 'contract' wasn't specific and she refused to allow me to put it in front of the family Solicitor.

CLKD

« Reply #1682 on: April 26, 2020, 11:47:31 AM »

Oh and that clock in the waiting room  ::) ........ by the time you were seen you felt better?

There won't be a herd immunity for several years.  My sister was talking about the cluster effect but I didn't understand that either. 

suzysunday

« Reply #1683 on: April 26, 2020, 04:46:31 PM »

Yes basic queueing at gp's.  I remember that, at my doctors when I was a child you waited in a room with chairs round the perimeter.  When the buzzer went the person nearest the door went in then the vacant chair was taken by the next in line and the room shuffled down one chair one by one.  But you got there in the end!

CLKD

« Reply #1684 on: April 26, 2020, 05:02:23 PM »

That's how it worked in our Surgery too.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #1685 on: April 26, 2020, 06:20:04 PM »

We have had a very low rate of infections and deaths in our part of Yorkshire.
Well we were walking along the canal bank earlier, another 4 boats have moored up on the temporary moorings >:( they are nose to tail, looks like they are on a jolly certainly not essential travel, even on the Canal & River Trust website it says not to take boats out!

CLKD

« Reply #1686 on: April 26, 2020, 06:40:44 PM »

Have they moved to buy provisions that they can't get nearer home?  Or to access medical services?  I am sure that the Water Authority will keep a close eye ;-).

CLKD

« Reply #1687 on: April 27, 2020, 08:38:20 AM »

As cause of death rather than listing the other reasons on the Death Certificates.  There are more up-2-date figures with more information on the web but these don't make the media.  Like how many people are leaving hospital, having survived .........

Jeepers

« Reply #1688 on: April 27, 2020, 10:41:47 AM »

Gwh in Swindon announced that 100 people had been discharged after recovering from covid19, it was just the local paper though.

Jeepers xx

CLKD

« Reply #1689 on: April 27, 2020, 11:12:50 AM »

I shed a tear stellajane ....... hopefully it won't cause a spike in Spanish cases.

Tnx Jeepers  :great:

Sparrow

« Reply #1690 on: April 27, 2020, 01:37:37 PM »

Have you checked her profile.

CLKD

« Reply #1691 on: April 27, 2020, 02:09:31 PM »

Or pants  :-\

Boris has returned  :-\  ::)

Jeepers

« Reply #1692 on: April 27, 2020, 02:48:06 PM »

Hi ladies,

Just looking for a little reassurance.  I can't remember if I washed my hands when I came back from shopping today, so am panicking. (shakes fist at OCD).  I did wear surgical type gloves whilst out, and started wiping down shopping as soon as I got in with bleach solution, on a cloth.  I didn't wear gloves for this, so do you think the bleach water would have got rid of anything on my hands?  I was so stressed about the wiping down (I am shopping for 3 people, it takes me ages, and I am still working full time)

Sorry to be so needy

Jeepers xx

CLKD

« Reply #1693 on: April 27, 2020, 02:51:59 PM »

Yep. Absolutely enough.  Do you have some hand cream, that will ease any soreness in the skin as well as smother anything that might remain.  I have to say that I've got less bothered as we are a household of DH and me: I've done the Council bins today ready for collection this week. 

The other thing people have been doing with regards groceries, is to leave the bags in the garage or shed for 3 days ....... apparently the Germ can't live for long anyway.  Then wipe down the bag and tins etc. B4 putting them into the cupboards.

Jeepers

« Reply #1694 on: April 27, 2020, 03:32:16 PM »

Hi Clkd,

Thanks for  replying  :thankyou:

I do put some stuff to oneside for the three days, but I need to wipe down Mums stuff and my nephews stuff too... takes me blimmin ages!  I was luck enough to get some compost and some fuscias today though... funny how little things are so much more now, isnt it?

Jeepers xx
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 179