Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 196497 times)

Tc

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1665 on: April 25, 2020, 11:51:47 AM »

Something which surprised me. Local paper online ran a story about a singer streaming a concert to a local care home. In the picture of the communal room about 15  residents were all sitting right next to each other around the room as normal. .  Are they considered one household?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1666 on: April 25, 2020, 11:54:00 AM »

Yep.  They integrate in the lounge and many have been there for years.  It's about keeping the carers clear of the Virus which is why many have stayed for 1-2 weeks at a time.  So any virus is likely to be taken into a Care Home via visitors or staff  :-\

Two hoots

« Reply #1667 on: April 25, 2020, 11:54:33 AM »

Yorkshire Girl - its annoying!

The family from the house that backs on to us are obviously not there.  Its Ramadan. My feeling is they've gone to stay with other family. The evenings are the giveaway as the house is in pitch darkness whereas normally all the lights are on.

If it was just themselves they're affecting I'd think sod em just let them get on with it. However if the elderly parents contract the virus they risk taking up hospital beds when it could have been avoided.

It's like they feel rules are there to be broken.  Either that or they don't grasp the seriousness of the situation. Like the whole world being in lockdown is no big deal  ???

It will be interesting to see if infection figures rise in your area in a few weeks, i hope you and your family are not affected by selfish families who only think about themselves.

Sparrow

« Reply #1668 on: April 25, 2020, 12:49:32 PM »

I'm not going to see my family, maybe even the whole year if shielded need to wait for a vaccine.Even if we're mainly staying in, there's food and post coming in.We could be non symptomatic, that's the worrying part.

Unfortunately I don't think that's realistic for most people.  People need to work and go to school.  Heaven know what damage will be done to the economy after just a couple of months.  I am sure there will still be some restrictions, long term, but I can't see the present situation lasting much longer than the end of May. 

sheila99

« Reply #1669 on: April 25, 2020, 03:53:48 PM »

They've been muttering about vulnerable people shielding for a year - though realistically it will be until there's a vaccine as CV isn't likely to go away. My guess is that before long they will let people back to work but pubs, restaurants etc will stay shut. Once people are on public transport again I can't see how they can prevent the spread and prospect of another lock down. It's a trade off between protecting vulnerable people and the economy and sooner or later the economy will win. We have a vulnerable person to protect so my lock down will be lengthy.

CLKD

« Reply #1670 on: April 25, 2020, 04:28:07 PM »

It's difficult to judge.  The NHS Staff will require rest and recuperation B4 long.  B4 the next onslaught as I expect there will be another peak once people are out and about. 

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #1671 on: April 25, 2020, 04:28:44 PM »

Aarrggghhhh another rant, while on our walk today there were a couple coming towards us holiday hands, in their 60's I would guess, they refused to let go of each other's hands & walk single file, I was right next to a stone pillar (going under a main road on riverbank), so couldn't get any further over. So damn inconsiderate.

CLKD

« Reply #1672 on: April 25, 2020, 05:06:35 PM »

Can't you kick? 

Care Homes have been abused by this government  >:(  :'( - used as overspill?

Blot

« Reply #1673 on: April 25, 2020, 05:09:58 PM »

I really don't know what they are going to do to ease the lockdown but I can see out and about people are getting more complacent.

I agree we are going to have to accept some degree of risk but still try and protect the most vulnerable and hope that what we have done so far has enabled the nhs cope and continue to do so. I work in a hospital and have to say that on the whole things are very quiet and well controlled.

Obviously pubs, theatres and all large gatherings will be out of the question for some time but I would like to know just what that plan is. And the government will have one already I'm sure.

CLKD

« Reply #1674 on: April 25, 2020, 05:29:09 PM »

I don't think that they do.  I think it's a day be day decision based on death rate and by watching other countries experiences.

Who is vulnerable?  Many I have heard of that have died haven't had problems previously  :-\.  Until we can find carriers we're on a losing wicket!

Blot

« Reply #1675 on: April 25, 2020, 05:56:33 PM »

Honestly our hospital is not overwhelmed. There are empty wards and everyone is on standby waiting for the big influx, which thank goodness so far hasn't happened. I pray it stays like this.

From what I've read, and I don't know if it's true, people aren't being admitted to hospital until they are very poorly indeed. Just being told to manage at home.

The government will have a plan. They just aren't telling us yet.

CLKD

« Reply #1676 on: April 25, 2020, 07:04:33 PM »

Except that people aren't attending A&E because we have been told to stay at home, save the NHS - people are dying of stroke, heart failure etc..

Blot

« Reply #1677 on: April 25, 2020, 07:35:30 PM »

Maybe people will think twice before trotting off to a&e in the future. Some of the things they come in with! A splinter in your finger is not urgent or an emergency 😳.

There is too much speculation about everything. Just don't know what to believe.

CLKD

« Reply #1678 on: April 25, 2020, 07:57:43 PM »

People have trotted off to A&E due to the lack of GP slots maybe?  Also when one feels unwell it's reassuring to go somewhere 'safe' with medical knowledge. 

It's time that more information was given beyond 'stay at home' ...... initially to stop the NHS being over-whelmed.  But people are still becoming infected  :-\ despite being told to distance, stay at home - how?  what exactly is the incubation period  :-\

Jeepers

« Reply #1679 on: April 25, 2020, 08:38:13 PM »

The big hospital at Swindon isn't overwhelmed either,we know someone who works there and it's all very normal

That's very reassuring to know, I'm not a million miles away from there. I heard they've had about 70. Covid deaths there

Jeepers xx
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 179