Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194146 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1650 on: April 24, 2020, 01:01:00 PM »

Birdy - mayB add what you saw in the 'wild animals' thread? so that you don't scare too many people on this one  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #1651 on: April 24, 2020, 01:23:08 PM »

;D.  buck or doe ? [now you'll have an ear worm]

CLKD

« Reply #1652 on: April 24, 2020, 05:05:47 PM »

:rofl:

CLKD

« Reply #1653 on: April 24, 2020, 05:22:44 PM »

Clapping in the open air outside hospitals and then returning to the Wards in those uniforms !?!?!

CLKD

« Reply #1654 on: April 24, 2020, 05:47:08 PM »

SO: forgive me if I'm behind but ain't we supposed to exercise once a day?  Essential journeys and home?  So why do TV reporters continue to be out and about? 1 on the beach when we are being told not to visit the Coast  :bang:  I'm fed up with this 'don't do as I do, do as I say' attitude  :cuss:

MK CeO has been threatened - however, lots of people agree with me that the TV crew with Ross Kemp should not have been using PPE which is apparently in short supply, now Kettering General have jumped on the band wagon.  The Staff there look like they are going into a nuclear reactor! But kit is short ...........

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #1655 on: April 24, 2020, 05:51:38 PM »

Go for it Birdy, it's the ideal opportunity :) I have to drive 20mins to Tesco!

Right ladies I'm angry/annoyed our neighbours keep having visitors round every weekend, today they are different to last weeks visitors and they are putting a tent up in the garden.
Our neighbours across the road, her elderly parents who only live 200m down the road drive up and visit. Seriously what is wrong with people >:(

CLKD

« Reply #1656 on: April 24, 2020, 07:03:41 PM »

They have no idea do they!  Like the journalists that visit Hospitals etc., etc., etc..

Hurdity

« Reply #1657 on: April 24, 2020, 07:09:15 PM »

Clapping in the open air outside hospitals and then returning to the Wards in those uniforms !?!?!

er what's wrong with that? Better to be in the open air than inside I would say....

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #1658 on: April 24, 2020, 07:33:41 PM »

You don't get it do you .......... lack of social distancing.  Lack of PPE across the World, so take it outside and then go back to the Wards  :-\

Katejo

« Reply #1659 on: April 24, 2020, 08:10:27 PM »

To those of you who are still shopping in the large supermarkets - please remember to pop something into the Food Bank donation box.

The local bank where my OH used to help out has had to purchase items for the first time in its history.

Up to the start of the lockdown it had been overflowing with supplies, but demand has increased massively.

Worrying times on many levels.
I have done a couple of food shopping trips for the food bank but some of their current shortages are of things like pasta and tins of beans or tomatoes. It doesn't help that we are rationed when we buy them for ourselves so we can't get extras for the food bank.

CLKD

« Reply #1660 on: April 25, 2020, 08:28:22 AM »

We got over that by having a trolley each and going round Waitrose separately.  Both buying what was required and putting a little extra into the food bank.  We had a list each so that DH knew what I was going to get.

I have also sent monies to my nephews whose works dried up in mid-March .........

suzysunday

« Reply #1661 on: April 25, 2020, 10:01:35 AM »

The couple across the road from me have their grandchildren etc visiting everyday for the last 3 weeks.  Last Thursday they had a total of 7 visitors then at 8 o' clock they were on the doorstep clapping the NHS!

Tc

« Reply #1662 on: April 25, 2020, 11:18:28 AM »

I'm trying to figure how this will work.

For example. My parents will still be shielding.  I'm not working and if I dont go out or mix with anyone else there will be low or no risk to my  parents presumably. But what about my sis and nieces and nephew. They are working or will be back in community so surely the risk  be there for my parents. Even if we go on seperate days if my parents pick it up then next time I visit them, even if that's the only place I'm going, so could I. I'm not as worried for myself as I am for them but thats the practicality of it

I cant see how anyone who
Is shielding will be able to have 10 family members round for a meal. Unless those 10 have also been shielding and drive straight there without stopping.   

Also, I could go there tommorow  if we are allowed because I havent been out for 2 weeks. But if  a week later I have say  a hospital appointment I feel I wouldnt want to go there again until I had isolated for  2 weeks again.

I think that its important to remember All these measures are not to protect the individual, they never have been, they are to protect the NHS. We will all have to take our own decisions when it comes to vulnerable and elderly I feel  and it's not going to be easy.

Xxxx

CLKD

« Reply #1663 on: April 25, 2020, 11:45:43 AM »

It's far too soon to even think about getting together.  Not until August! when World Wide measures of how each Country tackled their virus can be discussed to find out how to cope the next time.

Barnacle

« Reply #1664 on: April 25, 2020, 11:48:37 AM »

I'm not sure how this is going to work at all. I think Stellajane is right with the Nanny and Grandad day care thing. It's a big ask of a lot of people.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 179