Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 196677 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1635 on: April 23, 2020, 06:36:23 PM »

21 April. from myself:

Yep I was spitting bricks.  For 4 weeks UK producers have been telling reporters on various news channels, that they have let Matt Hancock know that they have plenty of facility to make PPE but were waiting for responses.  Of course, these things offered to the NHS have to be passed by X, Y, Z ? ? ?  but this is a State of Emergency  :-\.  Also deliveries from China offering PPE Aprons have been a mix of aprons, masks that aren't appropriate etc.. 

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #1636 on: April 23, 2020, 07:15:18 PM »

It's amazing how all these cabinet ministers are praising the NHS now, when just a few years ago they voted down a nurses pay rise.

It's all very well clapping, but what they need is PPE and decent pay and conditions.

I wish people would stop sharing false information!

The Conservatives did not vote directly against giving nurses a pay rise. They voted on an amendment which mentioned lifting the cap on pay rises, amongst other things.

Check it out at Full Facts

https://fullfact.org/health/queens-speech-public-sector-pay/

CLKD

« Reply #1637 on: April 23, 2020, 07:22:59 PM »

Also we need to live in the moment. 

Sparrow

« Reply #1638 on: April 23, 2020, 07:24:44 PM »

It's amazing how all these cabinet ministers are praising the NHS now, when just a few years ago they voted down a nurses pay rise.

It's all very well clapping, but what they need is PPE and decent pay and conditions.

The Conservatives did not vote directly against giving nurses a pay rise. They voted on an amendment which mentioned lifting the cap on pay rises, amongst other things.

Amounts to the same thing, directly or indirectly.  Nothing false there.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #1639 on: April 23, 2020, 08:52:30 PM »

Amounts to the same thing, directly or indirectly.  Nothing false there.

We have all been asked to stop and think about what we post and share and report it if necessary. That's why Full Facts do such a good job.  This story is only believed by those who want to promulgate it.   
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 08:55:32 PM by Pennyfarthing »

Sparrow

« Reply #1640 on: April 23, 2020, 08:58:56 PM »

I'm not the only one to make similar comments PF.  I have said nothing false.

Sparrow

« Reply #1641 on: April 23, 2020, 09:13:36 PM »

Neither do I.

sheila99

« Reply #1642 on: April 23, 2020, 10:10:11 PM »

Perhaps it's time to be grateful for what's been done instead of griping about what could be better. We have enough icu beds and ventilators, something that looked unlikely a short while ago. There is a worldwide shortage of PPE and it seems it's changed every time they take a break - so that's probably 4 sets per person per day. I'm not surprised we can't keep up. Every one of us has contributed to it, we all buy cheap imported goods so the UK has lost it's manufacturing capacity.

Anyone who thinks they can do better - why don't you stand in the next election?

Tc

« Reply #1643 on: April 24, 2020, 01:21:41 AM »

I dont believe this is a time for party politics either. But we should still be able to question any government in power. Shouldnt we?

Sparrow

« Reply #1644 on: April 24, 2020, 07:38:22 AM »

Some good news. 

B&Q are re-opening some of their stores. Anyone going to dash out and buy paint??

littleminnie

« Reply #1645 on: April 24, 2020, 08:07:35 AM »

Yes ours is open.  I think people should be allowed to buy paint, garden furniture, plants etc.  It means they are staying home.

Sparrow

« Reply #1646 on: April 24, 2020, 09:55:22 AM »

How far is it.  A few miles is allowed, but what a few is I don't know??

Sparrow

« Reply #1647 on: April 24, 2020, 10:23:55 AM »

It takes me 35 minutes on my Vespa. I would do it all on my own and the paint is already there. Also, if any locals see me doing it through the window, which they will, will I get lynched?
I have not once risked contamination and I am very sensible. I would dearly like to get it done.

What's the problem.  I still think that comes under social distancing as no members of the public would be coming in.  I say go for it.

littleminnie

« Reply #1648 on: April 24, 2020, 12:12:37 PM »

Great idea from Stellajane about the note in the window.
I would definitely go for it Birdy.

CLKD

« Reply #1649 on: April 24, 2020, 12:58:34 PM »

Go for it and add that note in the window as suggested!  One has to look forwards and it will give locals an idea that you a) are still alive and b) that you plan on re-opening.   :foryou:  It's also good exercise, is painting.  I had a Honda50 when I was 18 from my Dad  :whist:

There's been plenty of PPE in storage apparently - I think I mentioned yesterday that it's lack of transportation in many areas!

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 179