Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194113 times)

Taz2

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1515 on: April 17, 2020, 08:10:29 AM »

Glad you are on the way to getting it sorted

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1516 on: April 17, 2020, 08:41:58 AM »

After a report yesterday stating that masks don't protect, there is talk at higher levels this morning that all Londoners have to wear them  >:(

Barnacle

« Reply #1517 on: April 17, 2020, 11:02:05 AM »

I have come to the conclusion that nobody knows what's the right/wrong thing to do. I feel like a mushroom!

CLKD

« Reply #1518 on: April 17, 2020, 11:33:15 AM »

Storm Trooper suit or Burka for me ............ that way I'll be 'right' what ever I'm told ?  ;)

For a hot Summer a lacy parasol .......... by the time this is finished my hair will keep others away  :D

Sparrow

« Reply #1519 on: April 17, 2020, 12:29:54 PM »

There is a theory now that it's not as virilant as first thought.  However I now take all information with a pinch of salt because even the experts can't agree.

Just hang on until it's over, whenever that will be!?

CLKD

« Reply #1520 on: April 17, 2020, 12:34:39 PM »

How does that work then?  It's gone round the World in about 6 weeks and is now affecting African countries .........  :-\  that's if China was honest about when it began there and of course, so much of China is vast with nomadic tribes so the true number may never be known.

they keep saying that we have the highest death rate thus far: I wasn't aware that this C-19 was a competition?

Two hoots

« Reply #1521 on: April 17, 2020, 12:41:05 PM »

I thought that if one person in a household got it everyone would, but like stellajane says it's not happening that way.  People lock themselves away in a room to isolate when they feel unwell but they must have been contagious before the symptims showed ?

I like Dr Hillary on tv in the mornings he is so reassuring and I trust what he says, he was asked about masks today and said, the type people wear out and about are not suitable, the virus particles are so microscopic they don't stop it getting through.  He also said they come in different grades, so unless everyone is issued with top grade masks it's useless wearing them.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #1522 on: April 17, 2020, 12:45:31 PM »

I thought that if one person in a household got it everyone would, but like stellajane says it's not happening that way.  People lock themselves away in a room to isolate when they feel unwell but they must have been contagious before the symptims showed ?

I like Dr Hillary on tv in the mornings he is so reassuring and I trust what he says, he was asked about masks today and said, the type people wear out and about are not suitable, the virus particles are so microscopic they don't stop it getting through.  He also said they come in different grades, so unless everyone is issued with top grade masks it's useless wearing them.

I can't say I 100% trust any of the ?experts?.  A few weeks ago they were telling us that ibuprofen was no use if you had Coronavirus so everybody rushed out and emptied the shelves of paracetamol. 

Two days ago a report came out saying there was NO evidence that ibuprofen was ineffective.  Dr Sarah Jarvis was on TV yet again this morning confirming this but she was one of the ?experts? who said Ibuprofen was no good just a few weeks ago! 😂😂.    She will be a billionaire at this rate, she is never off the radio and TV these days. 

Sparrow

« Reply #1523 on: April 17, 2020, 12:46:41 PM »

Um, not sure about Dr. Hilary.  He got a lot of flack for say people washing their cars on their drive was not appropriate.

Not a fan of TV doctors as a whole anyway.

Tc

« Reply #1524 on: April 17, 2020, 12:59:44 PM »

How does that work then?  It's gone round the World in about 6 weeks and is now affecting African countries .........  :-\  that's if China was honest about when it began there and of course, so much of China is vast with nomadic tribes so the true number may never be known.

they keep saying that we have the highest death rate thus far: I wasn't aware that this C-19 was a competition?

I agree that the charts and figures make it look like some sort of competition. But if the figures are to be believed Germany has a very low proportion of death rates to positive tests. They tested more but even so death rates are still actually lower.

They tested and they traced.  before lockdown they traced one case to a school. They closed it and quarantined everyone with contact.  We havent traced. We lost sight of the virus.
X

Perinowpost

« Reply #1525 on: April 17, 2020, 01:10:38 PM »

Think you might be right there Tc x

Two hoots

« Reply #1526 on: April 17, 2020, 01:12:48 PM »

We haven't traced or even bothered to test people arriving in ports or airports  :-\

sheila99

« Reply #1527 on: April 17, 2020, 01:35:12 PM »

When we only test people who are so ill they're in hospital the death rate is guaranteed to be high. Had we tested everyone in the community with symptoms the rate would have been much lower. The comparison is meaningless.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #1528 on: April 17, 2020, 01:40:27 PM »

My teen son became ill with what we think is coronavirus 17 days ago, he has only really been well since yesterday, temp went a few days back. He has stayed in his room and had main bathroom to himself, i am still wondering if the rest of us shall get it although we are now allowed out according to guidelines.

CLKD

« Reply #1529 on: April 17, 2020, 02:09:34 PM »

PF - I mentioned the fact that Nurofen is absolutely fine to use with C-19 about 2 weeks ago.  I never thought it would be a problem.  Different drugs for different uses and I can't take Paracetamol with any success.

Germany does not have an NHS.  They have specific health specialities across the country so people were able to access what was required and when .... hence the low infection rate.

My friend came back from Thailand 6 weeks ago: no testing B4 getting on the plane and he walked straight through Heathrow with no testing there, went back to work.   :-\

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 179