Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194121 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1455 on: April 12, 2020, 04:45:43 PM »

do you mean that you had a personal visitation from him stellajane  ;D can you imagine him in pyjamas or on a bedpan  :-X
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 05:22:49 PM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #1456 on: April 12, 2020, 05:23:15 PM »

:lol:  he's going to Cheques to rest - that's an essential journey then?  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #1457 on: April 12, 2020, 05:42:41 PM »

I think that there needs to be a UK Public Enquiry once the effects of this Pandemic lessen.

How can NHS Staff and Carers be dying ........ why haven't they been given PPE in time?  Why, why, why ? 

Now Boris is spouting on TV ......... he had treatment 4 3 nights in ICU and 'it could have gone either way' : but he didn't require ventilation .  He should have rested immediately.  As soon as the virus started to spread World Wide it should have been considered that the main MPs might have been affected!

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #1458 on: April 12, 2020, 06:08:50 PM »

So pleased to hear your OH is back home Jillydoll

Our neighbours have had either friends or family over today they were blatantly breaking the regulations by all mixing & talking on their drive, then the two men & 1 boy + 1 girl take dogs out (they have all girls!) it annoys the hell out of me that we are abiding by what we've been asked to do, yet some....

CLKD

« Reply #1459 on: April 12, 2020, 07:15:59 PM »

Also we get used to the silence  ::) so the neighbours get together again it will be SO ANNOYING   >:(.  As long as they weren't breathing your way it is what it is.  I don't agree with informing, after all when there are all night parties the Police simply aren't bothered.  Noise can affect people adversely too. 

Hurdity

« Reply #1460 on: April 12, 2020, 07:30:36 PM »

Gosh there are quite a few pages of this thread since I last looked but I gather your husband is back home jillydoll? Not sure if I knew that (sorry!). If so that's great news, and if I haven''t already said, I hope is is now on the mend and will rest rest and more rest as should you! You must be so relieved :)

Hurdity x

Tc

« Reply #1461 on: April 12, 2020, 08:09:38 PM »

I wonder what treatment he was given?

Did you see that Trump said at a press conference he was sending medication over for boris? I think he should've been forced to declare what it was.

Regarding ppe. I was reading an article on an American site saying that  when they  have done exercises in the past for pandemic preparedness, supply chain issues for PPE came to light.. The  USA and UK were not prepared for something that should not have been come as a surprise.

Trump is now invoking a law which means the govt can order a manufacturer to send supplies where it tells them to. The idea being it goes where its needed most..  seems to have divided opinion over there.

Xxx

CLKD

« Reply #1462 on: April 12, 2020, 08:19:21 PM »

I think the consensus was that it wouldn't happen  :-\

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #1463 on: April 12, 2020, 09:17:59 PM »

If we'd closed our borders when we should have done we wouldn't be in this situation. We were (and probably still are) letting anyone in from any infected country without so much as a temperature check. An Australian politician was on TV the other day, she put their success down to closing the borders while the outbreak was still small enough to contain.
Of course UK citizens should be allowed back in but they should have been isolated.

nearly 70 turned up crammed into an inflatable dinghy at Hastings today. juts seen it on the news. Obviously no social distancing and where the hell are we going to put them?

sheila99

« Reply #1464 on: April 12, 2020, 09:31:29 PM »

Calais

Ju Ju

« Reply #1465 on: April 12, 2020, 09:54:43 PM »

Just been talking to my American DIL. She and my son are in the medical profession. She says they are under prepared generally in the USA.  Fortunately their state is mainly rural, with a small population. The main city has a lot of cases, but not elsewhere. The state has put lock down measures in place in good time. My son, a paramedic, has the correct ppe.

I remember reading something about Trump disbanding the government department looking into preparedness for a pandemic. Well what do you expect from a man who in a recent speech that this virus is so terrible that ABs don't work! Since when did ABs ever cure viruses! Doh!   :bang:

I'm currently listening to a good podcast by a couple of American women, both medics , who are currently covering all aspects of Covid19. it's called This podcast will kill you. They have covered many different diseases in the past. Very interesting.

getting_old

« Reply #1466 on: April 12, 2020, 09:55:57 PM »

So pleased to read your OH is home JD. You must be so relieved. I hope that you can both take some time to recover and feel better.

Tc

« Reply #1467 on: April 12, 2020, 10:47:17 PM »

TC I heard Trump saying as some doctors in the US have had great success with Hydroxychloroquine he was going to get a couple of the drug companies to get in touch with Boris. Who knows if anything will ever come to light about that? If I was a journalist that's the kind of question I'd be asking!

It seems countries conduct these pandemic exercises but then don't act on any of the recommendations. Well that's sure turned round and bitten them in the bum.
 ::)

Stella
 That's drug is being talked about on Twitter a lot.   

The fact our PM has now been hospitalised with the virus i believe it's in the public interest to know the details of his treatment especially as he survived a severe second stage scenario.   

I agree journalists seem to be missing vital questions. Its,obvious to me some are now going for partisan point scoring over fact finding.

Xx

Sparrow

« Reply #1468 on: April 13, 2020, 06:28:13 AM »

I agree journalists seem to be missing vital questions. Its,obvious to me some are now going for partisan point scoring over fact finding.

Same as ever then.  Unfortunately the truth is never very important to many media organisations.

CLKD

« Reply #1469 on: April 13, 2020, 08:35:34 AM »

Glad that your son is OK Ju Ju !
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 179