Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 196621 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1440 on: April 12, 2020, 08:48:35 AM »

The Police should be led from above and advice given from the top down to the street.  It simply hasn't happened.  Look at the chap in Northamptonshire ...... telling locals that his officers were going to check trollies to make sure people were buying essentials ......... moving people from their own field  :-\ sorry Ju Ju I know that you are involved but in these days of being filmed everywhere, they should be above reproach.

How was your night jillydoll?

Sparrow

« Reply #1441 on: April 12, 2020, 09:34:38 AM »

I have found somewhere online to buy handgell. Do a search for 'the hand wash shop'  and you should find it.  Works out about ?6 for 200ml.

Foxylady

« Reply #1442 on: April 12, 2020, 09:43:33 AM »

:clapping: :love: That's fantastic news jillydoll, hope you both had a restful nights sleep (nothing beats being back in your own bed when you are poorly). Enjoy what is left of the weekend, relaxing. xx

Kathleen

« Reply #1443 on: April 12, 2020, 09:51:34 AM »

Hello ladies

Jillydoll - I'm so pleased to learn that your husband is now home and recovering. It takes time to recover from pneumonia so lots of rest is needed.

Take care.

K.

Salad

« Reply #1444 on: April 12, 2020, 10:00:57 AM »

Brilliant news Jillydoll - such a relief for you all  :ola:

CLKD

« Reply #1445 on: April 12, 2020, 11:52:08 AM »

How much will you be selling it for Shadyglade  ;). I bought 3 large bottles a couple of weeks B4 the virus was heard of which is doing me well.  Plus hot water and soap. 

I think once Easter is over we can all relax.  I am edgy as it is supposed to 'peak' right now, some countries are considering relieving their lock down policies but I feel World wide that this is too soon.  I won't be in a hurry to mix with many people when we are allowed out.  In case.  Apart from a garden centre visit if they remain trading, I will be making a list  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #1446 on: April 12, 2020, 12:04:59 PM »

Why would a Nurse who suffers Asthma be allowed to continue in work.  She has died in the last few days ........  :-\ should she not have been shielding?  I don't get it  >:(

Then the government has sent ?Ms abroad to 3rd World countries to help ease their virus problems.  Shouldn't charity begin at home, my sister complained of lack of PPE in the NHS and care homes for years ............  >:( which bit of 'the NHS lacks' don't the governments of the day get?

Sparrow

« Reply #1447 on: April 12, 2020, 12:09:07 PM »

It's no good dealing with the virus here if we get re-infected from abroad.  It needs to be tackled effectively everywhere.

Many 3rd world countries have next to nothing in the way of ventilators etc.,  So far here we are coping.

CLKD

« Reply #1448 on: April 12, 2020, 12:13:03 PM »

So we need to spend some of that money on closing our borders?  It can be done, the Police are patrolling between Cornwall and England, England and Wales and all around Cumbria.  So put some of that money back into our border controls!!

Those in the 3rd World aren't going to travel here anyway  :-\

littleminnie

« Reply #1449 on: April 12, 2020, 12:15:50 PM »

Why are flights still coming in with people onboard.

Sparrow

« Reply #1450 on: April 12, 2020, 12:24:53 PM »

They are not really, at the moment.  However, that can't last forever, so unless we assist less wealthy countries to fight the virus it will never end.  That's the virus and possibly the lock-down.

CLKD

« Reply #1451 on: April 12, 2020, 01:01:49 PM »

Because some were stuck when lockdown happened whilst they were on holiday.  But I think they should go immediately to isolation?  I saw a plane tail cloud this morning, no idea where it was going - it came out of Birmigham/East Midlands direction.  DH wondered if it was an MP taking essentials to his family in Val'dIshere ;-)

Sparrow

« Reply #1452 on: April 12, 2020, 01:18:47 PM »

Cargo planes are still coming and going.

sheila99

« Reply #1453 on: April 12, 2020, 03:38:54 PM »

If we'd closed our borders when we should have done we wouldn't be in this situation. We were (and probably still are) letting anyone in from any infected country without so much as a temperature check. An Australian politician was on TV the other day, she put their success down to closing the borders while the outbreak was still small enough to contain.
Of course UK citizens should be allowed back in but they should have been isolated.

CLKD

« Reply #1454 on: April 12, 2020, 04:39:21 PM »

My half cousin returned from Oz 6 weeks ago - no tests either end nor on the plane  :-\ so he went straight back to work.

Boris has left Hospital?
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 179