Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 196110 times)

sheila99

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1410 on: April 10, 2020, 09:33:49 PM »

Absolutely right tc. It seems most unlikely someone with symptoms won't be spreading it 7 days after the start of symptoms. Looks like another one where the WHO are right and the government wrong.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1411 on: April 10, 2020, 09:43:57 PM »

Aww Annie, I really feel for you. I'm so glad you recovered. Physically anyway, hope you've learnt to live with it mentally.

I'm hoping my OH recovers mentally, of course, not seeing him properly for the last 4 weeks I can't really get an insight into him, if you know what I mean.
He's doing ok, hopefully home tomorrow, but we?re told it's going to take quite a while to recover properly, let alone mentally. He's been off oxygen now for two days, still gets breathless if he moves around to quickly. So they?re seeing how he is tomorrow morning, and if he's ok, he can come home. We've to monitor his blood pressure and watch his breathing, and if he gets into difficulties we've to ring an ambulance and hopefully they?ll get here to administer oxygen. But we?re hoping it won't come to that. He may have to have his lungs cleaned out after his scan in 4 weeks, because pneumonia leaves a lot of debris behind. 🤷‍♀️
But we?ll see about that then. Just before his turn for the better, he looked and thought he had no fight left in him. But luckily for him, and us, he turned around and started to feel better. it's been horrific! I think my mental scares will be with me forever. I'm terrified of catching this bloody virus, absolutely terrified, after seeing what happened to him. And still we don't know properly if he had it or not. The fourth test was done, still negative!
Until the antibodies are detected in his blood from tests I don't think we've even got yet , we?ll never know.
And STILL people are going out! .......what do they say? Ignorance is bliss,? ...ignorance can kill you mate! 😡

Hope your all well, stay safe . Xxxx

Barnacle

« Reply #1412 on: April 10, 2020, 09:48:20 PM »

OH Jillydoll, i really hope that he is back with you tomorrow, and then you can all begin to heal together. Stay strong lovely lady xx

Tc

« Reply #1413 on: April 10, 2020, 10:16:54 PM »

Hiya jilly. I'm so glad he is coming home . May I ask, are they not able to provide oxygen at home in case  he needs it?
Sending love xx

Do you mean social distancing rather than self isolation? I haven't read anything about this so not sure what you mean.  :-\

Taz x  :)

.hiya,taz. I read this article

https://www-hulldailymail-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/coronavirus-grandmother-isolated-three-weeks-4014032.amp?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15865558961240&amp_ct=1586555902548&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hulldailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fhull-east-yorkshire-news%2Fcoronavirus-grandmother-isolated-three-weeks-4014032

And another one today which I cant seem to share.  Basically saying it mustve been in their system for 3 weeks.  Maybe they are not true. . But even so, I dont understand how someone like my sisters  MIL is considered still infectious on day 10 but my sister was able to go back to work  after 7 days.   There is a discrepancy around how long someone remains infectious for.   

WHO recommended weeks,ago that quarantine should continue 14 days after symptoms DISAPPEAR.  Whereas   our 7 days are counted from the onset of symptoms.

. I also dont  believe at the start of lockdown we were adequately informed of how quickly people can become dangerously sick after several days.  We were told not to call 999 with covid symptoms,so people have hung on at home when they wouldnt have normally. . Or like JDs OH and my sis MIL even when they called an ambulance they werent taken in and were left at home for several more days. 
Xx
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 11:42:11 PM by Tc »

Annie0710

« Reply #1414 on: April 10, 2020, 11:55:11 PM »

Jillydoll I think the best thing you and hubby can do is talk about the experience from both your sides, how you both felt etc

I was with an idiot when I was ill, he was a hopeless carer, stupid spokesperson and just generally useless .  I don't think he understood the seriousness of the illness.  I used to have to go early appointments at gp and Remember just turning up in pjs and slippers .  I had to have regular xrays to check the infection.  I remember having to walk around the landing each hour so to help things not get worse .  I found comfort sitting next to an open window for the freshest of air (he was still smoking around me !)

He didn't really tell my family much so I had No support apart from my daughter

I can assure you I am over it and don't dwell on it, but the memories have surfaced due to this virus being so similar , I'm almost shielding through fear of catching it.  We laugh but hubby has to get straight in the bath after he's been shopping lol

X

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1415 on: April 11, 2020, 08:00:24 AM »

Aww thank you Barnacle. xx
TC, they havnt said they could, just told us to ring an ambulance if needed. 🤷‍♀️ Maybe because he doesn't seem to need it throughout the day, it's always of a morning time. Thanx TC. xx

I know Annie what you mean about your hubby getting into the bath, my son pops over the shop for us, when he comes back, it's disenfectant everywhere, change of clothes, and wiping everything down. Sometimes I think we?re so over the top, but I don't care, it's all we can do to stay safe.
We will talk when we get chance, we've a lot of catching up to do, it's been four weeks since I've told him off for something, so I've got four weeks worth stored up. 🤣😂🤣
Keep going ladies! xxxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1416 on: April 11, 2020, 08:07:05 AM »

I put a thread on yesterday about anti-bodies.

Hopefully they will send him home with oxygen though it can be dangerous to have around the house, there have to be specific signs on doors and windows to alert essential services  ::).

You will probably sleep.  A lot!  Certainly the busy dreams I've had have made me knackered  :-\, so much so that I did wonder if I was harbouring a bug ........

So I didn't take my Propranolol over night and that headache has lifted.  That's a start then  :-\

Annie0710

« Reply #1417 on: April 11, 2020, 08:28:21 AM »

Oh Jillydoll hubby is probably looking forward to you nagging him again as it means you?re all back to some form of normality !
X

Foxylady

« Reply #1418 on: April 11, 2020, 08:44:03 AM »

It most def lifted the spirits seeing that on TV!
And yeh JD, what Jaypo says goes!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D xx

Annie0710

« Reply #1419 on: April 11, 2020, 11:34:23 AM »

Some of these older (older older ) folk beating the beast is really lovely I agree x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1420 on: April 11, 2020, 04:26:45 PM »

It will be interesting.  I think it will be several years until the truth emerges as to what/why/where .......

Foxylady

« Reply #1421 on: April 11, 2020, 06:02:55 PM »

Shoulder not so great again unfortunately, probably all this furniture removas and painting not been helping. Also been weeks since last saw osteopath due to the covid - 19 restrictions. Disturbing me at night & wakening me early hours. :( x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #1422 on: April 11, 2020, 06:16:14 PM »

We could hear a lot of laughter this afternoon while we sat in our garden which is  very unusual. I went upstairs to look out of the bedroom window and a man who lives behind us had his adult son and girlfriend over for a BBQ!  He lives alone and you never hear a sound from him normally and I haven't seen the son there for about 2 years.

The youngsters beside us who have teenage visitors over every evening, once again had 4 visitors round this evening.  If I tell you their little sitting area at the front of the house is about a yard wide you can imagine how close the 6 of them are.   

Hubby is getting cross about it but I said if they?re all that thick, as long as they don't come near me, let them get on with it now and if they catch the virus, tough s**t.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1423 on: April 11, 2020, 06:43:54 PM »

Haha, thanx Jaypo. Ok! What you say GOES! 🤣😂
Foxy knows doesn't she? 🤣😂

Hey Foxy, 👋🏼 

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1424 on: April 11, 2020, 06:52:23 PM »

Oh, forgot to say. 😆 Brain in a tiz! 🤯

OHs home.  :ola:

He's doing ok too. A little breathless, but ok.
He's got to take it easy though.
6/8 weeks recovery, so doc told him.
He's due a scan in about 4 weeks times, to assess any damage.
On his GP/ dishcharge letter, it says, Covid19 related illness. So even after four tests, which all came back negative, they still assume it was covid19.
It seems all covid19 patients, have this particular pneumonia. ( obviously, if it effects them that far)
His clothes are resting in the garage, still in their bags, covered in disenfectant, for the next 72 hours, like instructed.
He's showered, and had some dinner. So alls good at the moment. xx
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 179