Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194126 times)

Tc

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1395 on: April 09, 2020, 08:18:54 PM »

Do you think they are not pushing the mask idea in case there is a run on them and then a shortage?

Just wanted to say too that I've looked back at the start of this thread in January first post about 4 people being tested in Scotland. How life has changed for every single one of us since then. Not even 3 months. And what a timeline of events this thread is.

Stay safe and love to all xxx
X
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 08:24:44 PM by Tc »

Perinowpost

« Reply #1396 on: April 09, 2020, 08:35:08 PM »

I'm a keyworker (I'm a Housng Association Scheme Manager). Many of our residents are vulnerable and have dementia, LD and mental health. I've just had the most exhausting week with a dementia patient who cannot retain the information to keep her safe and is wandering everywhere, touching everything and doesn't understand re social distancing. Worst of all though is her family who refuse to believe c-virus is a threat and that her wandering is her human right. I doubt we?ll ever get this situation under control with attitudes like these - who was it said you can't fix stupid, I despair x

Tc

« Reply #1397 on: April 09, 2020, 09:05:38 PM »

Crikey perin. What an impossible situation. How stressful for you and the other staff.

It's all well and good  for her family to say it's her right to wander because they are not the ones having to deal with it day in and out. Like you are. They should have more respect and be eternally grateful that you are trying to keep her and others safe.

It must be exhausting. Please look after yourself. Sending you love xxxx

Donnadoobie

« Reply #1398 on: April 10, 2020, 08:04:31 AM »

Priti Patel

Nobody has seen her.

I heard she was 'smirking? from home!

boom boom!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 11:06:18 AM by Donnadoobie »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1399 on: April 10, 2020, 08:24:13 AM »

:rofl:

As of the State of Emergency all that Human Rights stuff is over ridden.  There is indeed a grey area in the care sector about allowing people to wander 'of their own free will' and in keeping them safe from themselves and to protect others.  Hopefully Perin there are no visitors, you are in lockdown?  Don't despair, you are doing your best. 

Perinowpost

« Reply #1400 on: April 10, 2020, 08:41:59 AM »

Thanks ladies I am isolating in my office. But of course I have to go out and about in the building to do H&S checks to meet compliance, and this poor resident is wandering around bewildered. I send her back to her flat but 15 minutes later she's out again! it's not her fault of course she's just in the wrong place, but without the family on board there's nothing we can do. Looking forward to a few days off from it all over the Easter break - I need it x

Tc

« Reply #1401 on: April 10, 2020, 09:36:26 AM »

It might be less about the fam telling her and more about them agreeing to other action to keep her safe.  When my MIL was in nursing home with dementia and was constantly putting herself in danger they asked the fam for permission to sedate her. I imagine its  a contentious issue.

suzysunday

« Reply #1402 on: April 10, 2020, 10:31:34 AM »

My father was in a care home with dementia before he died a couple of years ago. My mum went to see him everyday.   I can't think how distressing that would be now with no visitors and my dad not understanding and my mum even more distressed.  It's unbearable. My heart goes out to people.  X

Perinowpost

« Reply #1403 on: April 10, 2020, 05:17:09 PM »

Hi Stellajane yes I am. The problem is re guidelines and my residents: some can't remember/some don't understand/and some don't want to do it. It?ll be a miracle if we escape the virus x

Tc

« Reply #1404 on: April 10, 2020, 05:48:14 PM »

Sending love perin. Hope you get to recharge over the weekend.

My sis MIL went into a and e last night. My sis originally called ambulance on Tuesday but they didnt take her then. Temp 100. She was in a bad way. Today they've said its covid. They said they can tell from lung scan. But they have estimated her at day 10 and  said she will be unlikely to need ICU after day 10 so have transferred her to another hospital which doesnt have an ITU.

I thought Boris went in on day 10 and then got worse?

CLKD

« Reply #1405 on: April 10, 2020, 05:52:05 PM »

So many upsets, so many variations on treatments.  If necessary she will be sent back but it is probably considered safer for her to be elsewhere.  A worry non the less. 

CLKD

« Reply #1406 on: April 10, 2020, 07:03:05 PM »

Particularly staff on the front line. 

Someone who has recovered says it will take a while to recover mentally but I think that as the days go by and he continues to improve, once he has fresh air and family plus routine, it may not be as long term as he fears. 

Annie0710

« Reply #1407 on: April 10, 2020, 07:34:59 PM »

Did you see the Linda Lusardi interview on GMB yesterday (on YouTube too) ? I can totally understand how it can take a long time mentally as well as physically to get over this

Back n 2008/9 over Christmas and new year I had double pneumonia and pleurisy.  All misdiagnosed for a while and on quite a few weeks Of antibiotics and couldn't be hospitalised as it was a bad year in our area for flu.  Dr said at the time that I?ll need to give myself time mentally as well as physically to recover as I'd lost 12 weeks due to it

it's the only time in my life I've felt like giving in , there were many times I admitted to myself I didn't have much left in me to fight x

Tc

« Reply #1408 on: April 10, 2020, 08:40:59 PM »

Thank goodness you got through it annie. Xxx

I've been reading a bit today which I have been avoiding for a while but I'm a,bit confused. How are people who have been self isolating for nearly 3 weeks suddenly testing positive? If they already had virus at beginning of lockdown and it's still testing positive nearly  3 weeks,later then doesnt this make a,mockery of sending people back to work 7 days after the onset of symptoms?

The WHO recommended 14 days after symptoms disappear!!!I
X
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 08:56:02 PM by Tc »

Taz2

« Reply #1409 on: April 10, 2020, 09:14:49 PM »

Do you mean social distancing rather than self isolation? I haven't read anything about this so not sure what you mean.  :-\

Taz x  :)
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 179