Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 198891 times)

Donnadoobie

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1095 on: March 29, 2020, 10:45:23 PM »

Wil  do Birdy and look forward to it.

I agree with all you said about takeaways btw.  The risks are just not worth it x

dangermouse

« Reply #1096 on: March 29, 2020, 10:56:07 PM »

I used the Just Eat app last night so paid through that and it was delivered to me. I know the driver and he drives all the orders around in his car and you pick up from his car window. I then wiped the packaging down and put all in my own containers. I thought Covid couldn't survive on hot food, unless there has been an update on this? I think it just depends how it's done.

Birdy, if you are a limited company I think it may be easier as you can claim 80% for yourself and staff through furlough which would be based on recent earnings (I think). The sole trader is the last 3 years. See here https://www.cbi.org.uk/articles/cbi-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme-factsheet/

Hope that is something you can apply for.

Katejo

« Reply #1097 on: March 30, 2020, 01:26:04 AM »

It just goes against all common sense to me to go and buy food from anyone when I can't be 100% sure they are not carrying the virus. 

I mean I could say my sister lives just up the road, she's well currently, so I'm going to pop up there to pick up a casserole she's cooked for me.

Not on is it?

So why are we still allowed to go and buy takeaways?
   I saw an ad on local FB today of someone offering a home baked Victoria sponge. No one had answered. I wouldn't risk buying any food cooked by another person at home or at a takeaway at the moment.

dangermouse

« Reply #1098 on: March 30, 2020, 08:24:53 AM »

I do think more of us have already had Covid than we realise. I'm pretty sure I have but without a test I can't know for sure.

I am concerned about the OCD aspect of this. When people over-clean it's often a way of protecting their family (often gets embedded after a trauma which involves a threat to family). This is now going to be wide-scale, yes the virus is incredibly infectious but we can never be 100% sure about any food packaging we bring into our homes, including from the supermarket.

However, if we avoid people actively coughing and sneezing, if we wash our hands after touching external surfaces, it is highly unlikely we would pick up the virus. The warnings are often exaggerated to get into the thick brains of those who think it doesnt apply to them. Sensible people do not need to over-clean, as this could lead to more anxiety down the road.

Kathleen

« Reply #1099 on: March 30, 2020, 09:17:33 AM »

Hello ladies

It's tempting to think that many of us had COVID 19 a few months ago and never knew it. Certainly there were many viral illnesses doing the rounds during the winter months. However if those were Coronavirus cases surely we would have seen a surge in hospital admissions at that time.

It doesn't seem likely that only mild cases of the disease occur for a few months followed by more severe versions  later on. It's reassuring to know that some people only have a mild version of COVID 19 but essentially it must be the same virus and the different experiences must be due to some other factor. Having said all that I am no scientist so I could be wrong and we know viruses can mutate.

Take care ladies and stay safe.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1100 on: March 30, 2020, 09:19:41 AM »

"modelling" - often done by statisticians with no knowledge of the issue in question.  But our Government followed this during F&M instead of acting previous proven guidelines and now the Government are following the current 'modelling'  :-\

Anyone had their letter from Boris yet?  ;). I want to send it right back, DH wants to frame it  ;D

My Gt Uncle aged 91 had the 'flu jab in November and has been ill since - with symptoms of C-19 as described since January.  "I kept telling them that I was ill with more than the 'flu" but his comments fell on deaf ears  >:(

Taz2

« Reply #1101 on: March 30, 2020, 10:04:12 AM »

Since Richard's aunt had cv as her primary cause of death written on her death certificate (she was never tested, she had renal failure and died in her sleep in a care home, with absolutely no cv symptoms) we have since heard from five separate sources that they believed cv is being over stated as a cause of death.
I don't know why this would be the case. It makes me uncomfortable.

What is the procedure re funeral arrangements etc Birdy? I know the coffin is sealed and no viewings can take place but early reports were of immediate cremation? It must be a very difficult time for the family.

Taz x  :hug:

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #1102 on: March 30, 2020, 10:53:21 AM »

Just heard. The person who my OH works with the most has been took into hospital last night with breathing difficulties. They?re testing her for covid19. She's been in oxygen ever since. 
🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀

CLKD

« Reply #1103 on: March 30, 2020, 11:51:15 AM »

Very rarely does 'old age' get put onto a Death Certificate, in face from the mid-1970s it became an uncommon statement.

That's a long while jillydoll for the colleague to be ill without admission?  What's the GP suggest for your OH this morning?

There was talk very early on by the UK Government of multiple cremations if the virus overcomes the country but this won't suit many religions across the World.  I would rather people lit a candle in their hearts for me than get together anyway.  If they want people may sit at the Crem and think whilst the slow movement of the Bruch violin concerto is played; I want people to buy a gift for the person they love best on that particular day [might not be the person they are married to ], I will go out with bird song ........ job done.  No mourning, no black.  If people can't visit/speak to me whilst I'm alive I don't want them there pretending to be sad!

CLKD

« Reply #1104 on: March 30, 2020, 12:35:05 PM »

Or via Skype?  Like a Mexican wave?

Good old Mercedes - as my Gt Uncle said earlier, "70 years ago we were fighting the Bars***, now they are helping to save Lives "  ::)

The Government have asked that people stop accusing those legally allowed to work under the State of Emergency Laws!  Do not become a vigilante!!

On the News today: Those that aren't able to continue with their airlines will be helping the newly popped up hospitals .... I hope that they are ready for what they might see  :'(

And where did the word 'furlough' spring from  :o  >:(

Tc

« Reply #1105 on: March 30, 2020, 01:17:29 PM »

An elderly family friend passed last week. It was expected and not from virus.  Single Cremation no service. He will be taken straight to crem. .  They were told only family and they are not going inside. .  Its Thursday which considering he passed Friday seems very quick compared to normal for our local crem.   

With the certificates I was only saying this to my sis.  Its surely important for statistics.  I'm minded of when my wifes mum passed from MRSA during its worst time.  It wasnt on the certificate even though we were told she was dying from it.   

When this awful pandemic is over, get in touch and I?ll have you over for a slap up afternoon tea, or whatever you fancy. Lowestoft is minutes away! 😁😁😀😀
[/quote

Birdy. Can I come?  I know the area well. Our  annual family holiday to potters has been cancelled. Weve been going  over 30 years. Do you know potters? Hopton on sea.  I  have family in gorleston too.

Love to all. Xx

CLKD

« Reply #1106 on: March 30, 2020, 02:18:26 PM »

What's the point of a legal document not being honest  :-\

Sorry for your news Tc ........

Tc

« Reply #1107 on: March 30, 2020, 02:35:15 PM »

Aah thanks bird.

Thanks ladies. He was a family friend and was very sick it was expected.

Xx

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #1108 on: March 30, 2020, 04:08:51 PM »

This social distancing is still bothering me!  You see policemen on patrol walking side by side, waterboard workers, shop assistants etc.  I just don't get it. Doesn't it apply to them?  I saw workmen travelling in vans this morning and no way are they 2 metres apart.

I was in the Post Office today and well behind one other person in the queue.    A man then walked in right up to me and reached over me to get to items on the shelf behind me!  I was sorely tempted to say something  but then thought I might get a mouthful or a poke in the eye.  I had my snood over my face but it does make you feel really worried. 

Tc

« Reply #1109 on: March 30, 2020, 04:21:02 PM »

I braved tesco Saturday. I had to tell so many people they were too close to me.  People who dont need to are also shopping in couples.  I feel sorry for the staff.  Trying to fill shelves while people are leaning over them. Staff standing side by side putting out salad and vedge.  I cant believe they have to do that. Surely they can shut an aisle if it absolutely needs restocking during opening.  Or sbut doors whilst they do it.  They are not protecting their staff. 

I heard today glass panels are going up for servers.  But what about those on the shop floor.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 179