Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194116 times)

yellowflower

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #855 on: March 24, 2020, 12:48:08 AM »

We are out in the sticks, but a main A road runs nearby and to say it's busy is an understatement as it's usually fairly quiet bar lorries this time of night x

We stayed in all weekend and stuck to the rules, yet like you say the few selfish ones spoil it for all the others, I admit I had to ask for meds today as I'm not coping at all x

Can I ask please what you are taking. Like you it's too much to take in and really panic stricken x

Can I ask why you are so panic stricken? 80% of people getting this illness will have a mild condition. Of the 20% who get a more serious illness, only 5 % will require hospital admission. We are all in the same boat here and just have to find a way through it. It still has around a 3% mortality rate, except for Italy which has a very high elderly population and they are 60 million people packed into a small land mass.

Sparrow

« Reply #856 on: March 24, 2020, 06:28:17 AM »

Our son, who's living with us temporarily, has just realised he's going to be stuck indoors with us two for 3 weeks.

Not a happy prospect for any 40 year old.

He has my total sympathy.

Am I the only person who knows anyone who's got it/had it?

I don't know anyone yet.  We are pretty rural so perhaps that's why.

Sparrow

« Reply #857 on: March 24, 2020, 07:59:11 AM »

The seemingly logical step of reducing the tube service has had unfortunate consequences.  You can't reduce close personal contact when the trains are crowded due to a reduced service.

No dot joining.

Taz2

« Reply #858 on: March 24, 2020, 08:15:25 AM »

Our son, who's living with us temporarily, has just realised he's going to be stuck indoors with us two for 3 weeks.

Not a happy prospect for any 40 year old.

He has my total sympathy.

Am I the only person who knows anyone who's got it/had it?

Sadly I know someone locally who died in hospital last week. He was 80 with a heart condition but was still living a full life. Also someone who works for the same company as my son but he's making a good recovery and should be discharged soon.

Taz x

Joaniepat

« Reply #859 on: March 24, 2020, 08:24:22 AM »

The seemingly logical step of reducing the tube service has had unfortunate consequences.  You can't reduce close personal contact when the trains are crowded due to a reduced service.

No dot joining.

The tube is also affected by staff shortage due to Coronavirus, so I suppose they couldn't run a full service even if they wanted to. I don't know what the answer is.

JP x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #860 on: March 24, 2020, 08:56:53 AM »

Social distancing?   From my window I can see workers from the water authority supposedly working but standing side by side  chatting.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Coronavirus and travel restrictions
« Reply #861 on: March 24, 2020, 09:00:44 AM »

Sadly - because the Government asked a few weeks ago for a restricted train service in the South: but Companies demanded employees continue working : people were crammed together.  NO OTHER industry would be allowed to have standing passengers  >:(

YF seems to have disappeared?  Guest status  :-\

I would like to say a big THANKS to BRING ME SUNSHINE  :foryou: 4 your kind words yesterday

My sister tells me that her son 'has got it', his brother tells me it's a cold  ::)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 02:22:18 PM by CLKD »

sheila99

« Reply #862 on: March 24, 2020, 10:27:30 AM »

Personally I hope yellowflower stays. I didn't know daigous existed until she mentioned them but they are obviously a problem in Australia. If there was a legal route for these goods daigous wouldn't have a market. Another symptom of the inequitable balance of trade most countries have with China. She's there and we're not so it's likely she knows more about than we do.

Ju Ju

« Reply #863 on: March 24, 2020, 11:07:43 AM »

I'm frustrated. I want to get a repeat prescription. Normally I order online then collect the prescription from the surgery, then go to the pharmacy. Because of the difficulty in sourcing hrt patches, I haven't opted to have my prescription sent to a nominated pharmacy before. But now I will have to as you can't go into the surgery without an appointment. However, you need authorisation from the surgery, but I can't get through on the telephone and email replies are automated without advice other than to go into the surgery with identification.  :cuss: I'm already thinking I will not be able to carry on with HRT patches as I can't go here and there to source them. The online company I approached can't get them and the surgery wont give me a generic prescription.

We can't get any shopping delivery  or click and collect slots, so DH will have to venture out. I dare not as I have asthma. They say our county is as bad as London for virus cases.

Good news is that my glasses have arrived at the opticians. They aren't open, but will be there today, but not tomorrow. So DH will collect them . Of course they won't be able to ensure they fit. But better than nothing.

All these problems we don't normally have. Time consuming and stressful.

Just spoken to my son, a paramedic in Maine, USA. He was on his way to work. He often rings on the hour long long drive. Things are ramping up over there. More serious calls. They have to gear up before going out, which he hates. They never know if patients have covid 19 until later of course. They are lucky to have my son.

Perinowpost

« Reply #864 on: March 24, 2020, 11:40:31 AM »

I've just heard a friend (ex-colleague) has it, she says she feels truly awful and is coughing up blood 😒

Taz2

« Reply #865 on: March 24, 2020, 12:06:11 PM »

I've just heard a friend (ex-colleague) has it, she says she feels truly awful and is coughing up blood 😒

How horrible. Hopefully she's being well cared for in hospital.  :hug:

Taz x

Perinowpost

« Reply #866 on: March 24, 2020, 12:34:02 PM »

She's not in hospital Taz2 she can't go in until she's given the go ahead, a nurse is ringing her 3 times a day to monitor the situation- I think that must be how the nhs are coping, only taking in the urgent case. Very worrying times, we all need to pull together x

CLKD

Coughing up blood and other Coronavirus symptoms
« Reply #867 on: March 24, 2020, 12:41:25 PM »

How much blood?  Is it fresh: i.e. red : in gushes or small specks which could probably mean a vessel has broken by continual coughing.  Blood mixed with salvia looks like there's a LOT  >:(.   Is she vomiting blood from lower down?  Good that she is being monitored.

Ju Ju - get DH to go to the surgery - they may be, as many are, taking temps B4 admitting anyone through the door or dealing through car windows.  Get him to take a note in a clear i.e. plastic food bag which can be read through the plastic to leave there with your requirements and phone number on. 

« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 02:22:44 PM by CLKD »

Perinowpost

« Reply #868 on: March 24, 2020, 12:44:30 PM »

I don't know CLKD but she said a lot, I don't want to bombard her while she's ill, but I will check on her (via WhatsApp) every day as she lives on her own x

CLKD

« Reply #869 on: March 24, 2020, 12:47:31 PM »

Blood loss can seem a lot but there are ways of coughing up blood that may be worse than others if you get my drift?  It's scary living alone too!  Give her a hug from
me ;-)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 02:21:12 PM by CLKD »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 179