Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 196419 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #840 on: March 23, 2020, 07:40:03 PM »

🦹‍♀️ ⬅️        😆😂

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #841 on: March 23, 2020, 07:44:42 PM »

I was just wondering - whatever am I going to look like in 12 weeks time with hairdressers closing?

Eek!

Stellajane - I was just reading that some shops have sold out of hair dye because people are panicking about their hair going grey if we go into lockdown!  last minute hair appointments and nail bar appointments have soared today apparently.

I have to say I haven't thought along these lines.  My son says the nation will look like prehistoric people at the end of all this with all the hairdressers closed too. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #842 on: March 23, 2020, 07:53:11 PM »

;D. I have sharp scissors which are busy with trimming the daily paper ;-).  I can lend them - or maybe buy pony sheres? [sp].  Poodle parlour.  As long as my fringe doesn't get into my eyes  ???

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #843 on: March 23, 2020, 08:01:37 PM »

I'm thinking the same Stellajane, my fringe will be well over my eyes, it will be so thick, in other words I'm going to look like a highland moo or one of my sisters sheep!

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
« Reply #844 on: March 23, 2020, 08:10:23 PM »

Hi CLKD made my laugh about the scissors!

The thread you mentioned earlier for any one suffering depression/anxiety at the moment was called "Effects of Depression" aug 16 2011(you must have been on this forum forever!!)  it is so good to read and echoes everything I am feeling the isolation the just wanting to be "me" again, and when will it pass and will it ever pass this time.  The message that comes across is that: it is conquerable and will pass, with the right help.  Its such a good read and I think should be bumped again for anyone suffering at the moment particularly in these times we are living through.

Thank you for highlighting it and being so honest telling your story, not easy but you survived.

Thank you.

Good look with your hair!

getting_old

« Reply #845 on: March 23, 2020, 08:47:09 PM »

Well the lockdown begins for 3 weeks. Let's hope people follow the rules.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #846 on: March 23, 2020, 08:50:34 PM »

thanks to the stupid idiots who couldn't stay in over the weekend and all the idiots who left the cities and came to the country we are now in lockdown.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #847 on: March 23, 2020, 09:17:59 PM »

I am losing patience with the GOvernemtn.  Not closing Parks but insisting on people keeping a distance when out walking.  The weekend's outings showed that the public simply aren't listening. 

Buying on line - yeah right.  3 weeks waiting list in our area and that's for vulnerable people  >:(

I'm off shopping in the morning, anything you need?  I need crossword books initially ..........

suzysunday

« Reply #848 on: March 23, 2020, 09:39:49 PM »

Like in school when the whole class was put in detention because of few idiots misbehaving .    I feel really stressed and a bit frightened.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #849 on: March 23, 2020, 10:22:13 PM »

I am losing patience with the GOvernemtn.  Not closing Parks but insisting on people keeping a distance when out walking.  The weekend's outings showed that the public simply aren't listening. 

Buying on line - yeah right.  3 weeks waiting list in our area and that's for vulnerable people  >:(

I'm off shopping in the morning, anything you need?  I need crossword books initially ..........

They are closing parks and play areas.

Countrygirl

« Reply #850 on: March 23, 2020, 10:25:03 PM »

We are out in the sticks, but a main A road runs nearby and to say it's busy is an understatement as it's usually fairly quiet bar lorries this time of night x

We stayed in all weekend and stuck to the rules, yet like you say the few selfish ones spoil it for all the others, I admit I had to ask for meds today as I'm not coping at all x

Barnacle

« Reply #851 on: March 23, 2020, 10:33:50 PM »

That's what they are for Countrygirl, there is no point in suffering. Hope they make a difference really soon.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #852 on: March 23, 2020, 10:49:24 PM »

Oh so sorry Countrygirl, really hope the meds you've been given help.
I'm glad we can still go for a walk, otherwise my I won't have any sanity left. Like you Jaypo those idiots at the weekend ruined it for everyone, they just didn't get it >:( I'm lucky whenever I go for a walk from my front door I never see anyone, but now who knows..

groundhog

« Reply #853 on: March 23, 2020, 11:57:00 PM »

We are out in the sticks, but a main A road runs nearby and to say it's busy is an understatement as it's usually fairly quiet bar lorries this time of night x

We stayed in all weekend and stuck to the rules, yet like you say the few selfish ones spoil it for all the others, I admit I had to ask for meds today as I'm not coping at all x

Can I ask please what you are taking. Like you it's too much to take in and really panic stricken x

Dorothy

« Reply #854 on: March 24, 2020, 12:34:45 AM »

Am I the only person who knows anyone who's got it/had it?
I don't know anyone who has definitely had it because they're only testing the ones bad enough to be in hospital.  But I have one friend whose husband and daughter have had the classic signs.  She is high risk, but fortunately seems to have avoided it so far (they are all in the same house, but have been keeping to separate rooms)

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 179