Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 196380 times)

Pennyfarthing

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #510 on: March 13, 2020, 08:51:40 AM »

Talk about conflicting advice!  Just been reading advice from former Health Secretary in various newspapers online.  It clearly says do NOT ring your GP and do NOT ring 111.  Just seen an NHS spokesperson on Sky TV saying Ring your GP and ring 111 if you need advice.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #511 on: March 13, 2020, 09:35:59 AM »

Shows how prepared this country is for an incident then.  We have been told by our Surgery to ring 111 - but that will mean self isolation.  Probably. 

Jari

« Reply #512 on: March 13, 2020, 09:39:58 AM »

Was it around 50 million deaths in the last pandemic in 1918?
Better medicines nowadays hopefully?! 

Sparrow

« Reply #513 on: March 13, 2020, 09:44:53 AM »

Shows how prepared this country is for an incident then.  We have been told by our Surgery to ring 111 - but that will mean self isolation.  Probably.

The new advice is not to ring 111 unless you are really ill past the 5 day mark. Otherwise just use the website.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #514 on: March 13, 2020, 09:47:39 AM »

I think this Bug is being treated with oxygen  :-\ as it affects the lungs quite fast.  Starts with a fever and a feeling of a 'cold', occasionally with muscle and bone aches. 

My colds usually begin when my Left arm itches like fury.  This is where my BCG injection went in at the age of 13.  Then I get a dry throat/nose followed by intense nausea.  Then the nose begins to run, ears itch deep down, maybe a few aches and a cough.  That's normal for me.  If necessary I take to my sofa under a thick blanket and drink plenty with Nurofen as required.  Symptoms can last from 3 days to a couple of weeks, the last Germ left me with a hacking cough for months.

So that is assuming: AGAIN: that every one is logged in  >:(

Sparrow

« Reply #515 on: March 13, 2020, 09:58:12 AM »

If no Internet you would have to ring, of course.

Jari

« Reply #516 on: March 13, 2020, 10:06:19 AM »

Good idea to up your vit c foods. Citrus fruits, veg etc or supplements.

Cook with plenty of garlic...

Get good sleep. All helps with immune system.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 11:12:47 AM by Jari »

Katejo

« Reply #517 on: March 13, 2020, 11:31:44 AM »

Just heard.  27 million Americans have no health insurance.  Scary.
And no sick pay probably.  :(

Taz2

« Reply #518 on: March 13, 2020, 11:37:23 AM »

It isn't flu. Totally different in the way it operates and the way it enters our cells. It's really interesting, scientifically, how it works.

There is no point in phoning 111 in the initial stages as there is no treatment. After a few days those who are badly affected will develop pneumonia and have difficulty breathing. This is when to call 111 as it has entered the bacterial stage and antibiotic treatment can begin. Hopefully by flattening the peak there will be more beds/ventilators available. Tough decisions for the doctor's though as to who to help  :(

Taz x

littleminnie

« Reply #519 on: March 13, 2020, 01:26:04 PM »

People are panic buying where I am.  Went to the supermarket this morning, no toilet rolls, no painkillers, no wipes and no disinfectant. (What is everyone doing with this disinfectant)

Tc

« Reply #520 on: March 13, 2020, 01:31:20 PM »

No canned food, no uht milk,.hardly any staff and hardly any shoppers. 

My niece just sent me a vid of Stratford westfields this  lunchtime. Like ghost town.  She said it feels eerie.

Btw I had a txt from chemist saying prescription in.  I hadnt ordered anything.  It was my astma inhalers.  Never ever not had to ask for them in 30 years.

Keep well ladies.

sheila99

« Reply #521 on: March 13, 2020, 01:39:46 PM »

It's the way they think old people don't matter that bugs me. There's plenty they could be doing now to stop it spreading like many other countries but they even say they don't want to stop it they just to flatten the peak. Well, try being the old or sick person who will actually die from it and see if you think the same.

Sparrow

« Reply #522 on: March 13, 2020, 01:45:06 PM »

To put it into perspective, around 37,000 people die of sepsis each year.  That can affect anyone, of any age, at any time.

The trouble is in comfortable Western 1st World countries, people expect to be safe.  It comes as a bit of a shock to discover they are not.

Jari

« Reply #523 on: March 13, 2020, 01:57:04 PM »

There was a mother, father and teenage daughter in front of me at check out yesterday. They had two trolleys full to the brim with loo rolls, pasta, packet pasta sauces and milk. They were even loading everything on in an ultra quick way, like in a panic, whilst the father loaded bags. I have never seen anything like it! My face must have said it all, I was totally dumbfounded! 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 11:32:42 PM by Jari »

Tc

« Reply #524 on: March 13, 2020, 02:01:08 PM »

Jari. People are stocking up for a nuclear winter.  Its shocking.

A man in savers was buying the last 8or 10bars of soap on the shelf.  I remonstrated with the staff they shouldn't be selling him  thst many but they said its o.k as it's not antibacterial !!!

I said to him "do you think you will be safer going about your day if the rest of us can't wash our hands  because you've got all the soap".  !!! Idiots 🤪
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 179