Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 196377 times)

Jari

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #465 on: March 11, 2020, 05:59:43 PM »

The reason the whole animal cruelty issue is being raised is because this virus started in animals in the wet markets of Wuhan. These markets ate notorious for selling all manner of animals and in terrible conditions.

Totally agree yellow flower. It is absolutely disgusting how animals are treated in China and very sad. They should be ashamed. I really hope that this may now start to make some changes to how humans treat other animals. X

Jari

« Reply #466 on: March 11, 2020, 06:08:58 PM »

China had been alerted to this virus way back in November .......... the diseases that have sprung from China apparently come from the same sources.  Open, live animal markets .......... once might be a mistake, the 2nd should have been a learning curve but the 3rd!

But the rest of the World doesn't challenge China or India due to the increased reliance on products from Asia.  As a throw-away society Europe buys from Japan, Taiwan or China ........  their use of cheap labour means that most Companies are able to undercut those in Europe and the UK.  Apparently home industries are booming..

Agreed! :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #467 on: March 11, 2020, 06:09:53 PM »

Now a Pandemic.  So now I suspect that more Laws can be brought into Force. 

How can the Health Minister become infected  ::) and now a care worker in Northampton ......... that's just the place 1 doesn't want any infection!!

Jari

« Reply #468 on: March 11, 2020, 06:10:21 PM »

Apparently imports from China have dropped  :-\

Good!

CLKD

« Reply #469 on: March 11, 2020, 06:11:45 PM »

Why?  Maybe that's another topic Jari?

Jari

« Reply #470 on: March 11, 2020, 06:13:58 PM »

[quote

Apparently milk is short  ::)

[/quote]

I am not doing the quote thing very well, but you can always buy oat milk CLKD !

CLKD

« Reply #471 on: March 11, 2020, 06:15:09 PM »

Sunak pumps millions into ........... and there's me thinking that I've never heard of the company : oh do keep up CLKD  ;D I imagined it as an oil company  ::)

Oat milk is made of what though?   Milk comes from sheep, goats, mares, cows ........ not from plants ;-)

Jari

« Reply #472 on: March 11, 2020, 06:19:01 PM »

Why?  Maybe that's another topic Jari?

You said it! 😂

But i think it is good because it is a chance to stop buying so much stuff from China and make people stop and think. 

CLKD

« Reply #473 on: March 11, 2020, 07:35:20 PM »

Jari - we will always buy from China.   :-\.  That's where most of those HUGE container ships arrive from.  Where will you get your white goods from  :-\ ....... another thread? 

Jari

« Reply #474 on: March 11, 2020, 07:55:50 PM »

OK, so my brother is a doctor and works in a public hospital in Australia. I asked him about the virus and whether the hysteria is warranted. This was his reply: "No one is sure. It is definitely more contagious than SARS, but not as deadly. It is more deadly than influenza but not as contagious. I won't be travelling overseas in the near future in case of quarantine". He sent this via text to me yesterday.

Let us not forget that SARS, Avian flu and now the coronavirus all started in the wet markets in asian countries. You would think they would have learned by now that these places are breeding grounds. China shut down the wet market in Wuhan when it was too late. Let's hope that this time, they have learned something and this terrible trade in live wild animals stops!

Absolutely agree!!

Jari

« Reply #475 on: March 11, 2020, 08:28:18 PM »

Hopefully one positive outcome will be that the population at large will be more attentive to personal hygiene.  That would help reduce colds and flu in general.

Knowing human nature though I suspect the effect will be short lived.  ::)

True! I do hope it will make people think.

littleminnie

« Reply #476 on: March 12, 2020, 09:02:07 AM »

Tom Hanks and his wife has it  :o

Jari

« Reply #477 on: March 12, 2020, 09:07:05 AM »

US stops flights from Europe...

Jari

« Reply #478 on: March 12, 2020, 10:04:06 AM »

Denmark on lock down and in the U.K. we go shopping mad for toilet rolls! 🤣

Sparrow

« Reply #479 on: March 12, 2020, 10:05:55 AM »

Trump would have been better off making sure all US citizens have access to free testing.  The test there costs over a thousand dollars and many people have no health insurance.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 179