Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 196323 times)

sheila99

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #420 on: March 09, 2020, 05:38:32 PM »

Didn't see it but I thought the upshot is that we'll carry on letting it spread just like Italy. Then when it's too late we'll wonder why we didn't try to stop it while we could. After all, business (or tax revenue) is more important than health.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #421 on: March 09, 2020, 05:47:35 PM »

Apparently imports from China have dropped  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #422 on: March 09, 2020, 06:14:10 PM »

Apparently imports from China have dropped  :-\

I think that's understandable as so much of their manufacturing has been shut down.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #423 on: March 09, 2020, 07:03:26 PM »

Aahhhh ......... not us saying 'no'?  At last? 

Hurdity

« Reply #424 on: March 09, 2020, 07:17:20 PM »

Didn't see it but I thought the upshot is that we'll carry on letting it spread just like Italy. Then when it's too late we'll wonder why we didn't try to stop it while we could. After all, business (or tax revenue) is more important than health.

What could we do now though except confine everyone to their houses and shut all public places, schools etc?

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #425 on: March 09, 2020, 07:42:16 PM »

That at least would stop panic buying ?

My biggest fear is that the essential services will have such a loss of Staff levels that we will go onto short fuel/power as we did during the Miners' strike  :-\.  I think if we have good supplies we will survive because once the initial panic buying is over and people see that the shelves will be filled quite quickly, at least this week; most people will be OK.  But if the public tend not to go out as often and we get a power outage etc.  :-\

I'm off to buy matches and candles  :whist:

sheila99

« Reply #426 on: March 09, 2020, 08:42:10 PM »

What could we do now though except confine everyone to their houses and shut all public places, schools etc?

Hurdity x
That's what will happen anyway, we're just putting it off until it's too big to contain and many more people will die as a result. It's happened in China and Italy, it's well on it's way to happening here.

Taz2

« Reply #427 on: March 09, 2020, 09:36:20 PM »

I was half listening to something this evening on either Radio 4 or 5 which gave a detailed reason why it's not good to shut down everything too soon. Very scientific as to when it is put in place. I didn't understand it myself though!

Taz  :-\

Barnacle

« Reply #428 on: March 09, 2020, 09:43:41 PM »

Barnacle I sympathise..I have stage 4 cancer in my kidney, lung and bones.So naturally I'm worried.It might well prevent me from having biopsies, scans and important.hospital checks.
I'm so sorry to hear that Teresa. I hope that your appointments are unaffected by all this. Thinking of you x

ElkWarning

« Reply #429 on: March 09, 2020, 09:58:59 PM »

They and some of us were unconcerned.

The whole of Italy now on lockdown.

Barnacle

« Reply #430 on: March 09, 2020, 10:43:44 PM »

Just seen on the late news that Suffolk has it's first case, so that will make my mum even more jittery.

KaraShannon

« Reply #431 on: March 10, 2020, 01:25:33 AM »

The most chilling news out of Italy has to be that people are now dying because there just aren't enough critical care beds.

Get your act together UK  >:(

I agree, we are leaving this all far too long.

CLKD

« Reply #432 on: March 10, 2020, 07:55:35 AM »

What is the usual situation in Italy though ?  We are told in the UK what the Winter death rate is but how many of us take much notice unless directly affected  :-\

Sparrow

« Reply #433 on: March 10, 2020, 07:58:49 AM »

Italy has the oldest population in Europe so that makes the impact there greater.  Hence also their death rate will be higher.

CLKD

« Reply #434 on: March 10, 2020, 07:59:22 AM »

Some European countries live closer to each other .......
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 179