Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 197643 times)

KaraShannon

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #300 on: March 02, 2020, 11:11:47 PM »

Actually the easiest thing would be to wear disposable gloves whilst out and bin them on return. They look good with matching mask.

Actually that's a good idea, I kept thinking gloves are no good because you take them off, touch them, put them on again, etc, but if they are disposable you can put them in the outside bin before going in the front door back home.

I've taken my sambuccol (elderberry syrup) today, sure it works on coronavirus if it works on the flu.....here's hoping, lol.

yellowflower

« Reply #301 on: March 03, 2020, 05:23:09 AM »

OK, so my brother is a doctor and works in a public hospital in Australia. I asked him about the virus and whether the hysteria is warranted. This was his reply: "No one is sure. It is definitely more contagious than SARS, but not as deadly. It is more deadly than influenza but not as contagious. I won't be travelling overseas in the near future in case of quarantine". He sent this via text to me yesterday.

Let us not forget that SARS, Avian flu and now the coronavirus all started in the wet markets in asian countries. You would think they would have learned by now that these places are breeding grounds. China shut down the wet market in Wuhan when it was too late. Let's hope that this time, they have learned something and this terrible trade in live wild animals stops!

Countrygirl

« Reply #302 on: March 03, 2020, 06:27:50 AM »

Over here most of the recent cases seem to be coming from people who have been to Italy, the latest being a school girl from Devon who went during half term. My daughters school has several children off at the moment that are being tested that originally went back, but have now been removed x

Sparrow

« Reply #303 on: March 03, 2020, 09:06:36 AM »

Hopefully one positive outcome will be that the population at large will be more attentive to personal hygiene.  That would help reduce colds and flu in general.

Knowing human nature though I suspect the effect will be short lived.  ::)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #304 on: March 03, 2020, 09:32:26 AM »

Stellajane = They look good with matching mask!  ;D ;D. We all need those white throwaway overalls forensic people wear, with masks, and gloves, we'd all be looking rather fantastic.... ;D

To be honest, what shadyglade said is true.
I've witnessed people leaving the toilets without even swilling their hands, let alone washing them with soap and water. 🤢😡
Ok, so they may apply antibacterial  gel when they actually get out of the toilets, BUT what have they touched AS they've left? 🤔.....
Isn't basic hygiene taught anywhere anymore?

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #305 on: March 03, 2020, 09:50:33 AM »

Stellajane = They look good with matching mask!  ;D ;D. We all need those white throwaway overalls forensic people wear, with masks, and gloves, we'd all be looking rather fantastic.... ;D

To be honest, what shadyglade said is true.
I've witnessed people leaving the toilets without even swilling their hands, let alone washing them with soap and water. 🤢😡
Ok, so they may apply antibacterial  gel when they actually get out of the toilets, BUT what have they touched AS they've left? 🤔.....
Isn't basic hygiene taught anywhere anymore?

I don't think basic hygiene is taught by parents any more. Over the years we've had loads of kids coming for tea here or staying over and very few of them wash their hands after using the loo or before eating. I always have to remind them. 

I have read several reports that children don't even know how to blow their nose properly.  They don't know that they  should empty one side before the other and not just sniff it all back up again.

It used to make me feel sick when they used to have those low salad bars in supermarkets where small kids used to cough and sneeze all over them or start filling a container then just abandon it and walk away.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #306 on: March 03, 2020, 09:56:47 AM »

Reporting for Duty Girls  ;D - got through another night without D&V .........  :-\

There are more Germs on the keyboard than on your bathroom toilet seat!  ;)

Tnx yellow flower.  Trouble is, not many countries are allowing people in [for holidays] or out [to return home]  ::) and why, if children have been to Italy, have they not self isolate B4 returning to School  :bang: :bang: :bang:

Sparrow

« Reply #307 on: March 03, 2020, 10:16:47 AM »

Only a very few countries have travel restrictions CLKD.  To be honest it doesn't really work anyway.  Italy stopped flights from China but ended up with the biggest outbreak in Europe.  People get around restrictions anyway by taking indirect routes.

We will still be taking our holiday In June, unless it is cancelled by our tour operators under government advice.  Fingers crossed 🤞.

CLKD

« Reply #308 on: March 03, 2020, 10:21:10 AM »

Lots of sporting events have been cancelled for the next 3 weeks  :-\

Best time to travel: empty planes, no tourists in St Mark's Square, Trevi Fountain easily viewed .........

Sparrow

« Reply #309 on: March 03, 2020, 10:24:31 AM »

Exactly.

I remember the panic over BSE.  We went and bought lots of reduced beef in Waitrose for the freezer.  ;)

Every cloud......

CLKD

« Reply #310 on: March 03, 2020, 01:08:54 PM »

So that's why the freezers were empty when we got there !  ;D

Has anyone who had been given the 'flu vaccine been affected by this particular bug?

Does anyone know how people are supposed to deal when self isolating: I haven't heard of how to treat symptoms  :-\ nor have I been aware of how hospital patients have been treated ..........

CLKD

« Reply #311 on: March 03, 2020, 02:26:38 PM »

Also: do rinse any hand gel containers under boiling water several times a day particularly if you take them out and about for use on handles etc..  I do this around the house with hand containers daily, even the soap gets a wash  :D

Kathleen

« Reply #312 on: March 03, 2020, 06:33:58 PM »

Hello ladies.

Shadyglade - your comment about BSE reminded me that I also survived the Salmonella in eggs crisis and the danger of Listeria in cooked and chilled food. Mind you I paid particular attention to the Listeria one as I was pregnant at the time.

Obviously no one knows how this will all play out and some people have died after getting Coronavirus so it needs to be taken seriously but I cannot bring myself to panic just yet.

Take care everyone. Now more than ever lol.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #313 on: March 03, 2020, 06:37:05 PM »

People die from side effects.  i.e. pneumonia triggered by a virus.  I think it's is recognising if one thinks 'flu is impacting on lungs with difficulty in breathing.

I haven't had any news from our local Health Authority.  By now the Government should have sent every household details of how hospital patients have been treated and what home owners should stock to help symptoms.

CLKD

« Reply #314 on: March 03, 2020, 06:39:25 PM »

CRUFTS tomorrow  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 179