Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 198558 times)

Sparrow

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #240 on: February 28, 2020, 05:40:26 PM »

;D that's very funny, I like that. 😊

Two hoots

« Reply #241 on: February 28, 2020, 05:45:51 PM »

That's interesting Two Hoots.  Do you know if that's on all of their cruises or just affected areas?

Rosie x

I think it's just a general email, I don't even have a cruise booked with them this year  :) check their website if you want a read I'm sure it must be on there.  I did wonder about cruises that start or finish in Venice, will those companies make alternative arrangements ?

Tc

« Reply #242 on: February 28, 2020, 06:47:51 PM »

Has anyone else had a text message  about the virus. Looks like it's a govt one. I've had two now.

Sparrow

« Reply #243 on: February 28, 2020, 06:50:03 PM »

Nope, what does it say?

Be careful though as there is info on the WHO website about scammers taking advantage of the situation.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #244 on: February 28, 2020, 07:17:17 PM »

How would anyone have my mobile number who would send me a medical text  :-\ - too much like Big Brother to me  :o.

Most countries have meetings about what might happen: terrorism, germs, earthquakes. Apparently all Councils have an Emergency Plan but they aren't allowed to publish it  ::) - I was told recently that it's too long to pin on the village notice board and they don't want to freak people out.  So that's helpful in an emergency.  Not  >:(

Taz2

« Reply #245 on: February 28, 2020, 07:20:43 PM »

Has anyone else had a text message  about the virus. Looks like it's a govt one. I've had two now.

I've had two from Patient Access linked to my surgery's online system. My GP communicates by text quite often.

Taz x

Sparrow

« Reply #246 on: February 28, 2020, 07:21:41 PM »

GP surgeries CLKD.  Ours send text reminders for appointments.

CLKD

« Reply #247 on: February 28, 2020, 07:27:40 PM »

Not to me they don't  ;D .... so those who don't have mobile phones are missing out on what may be important information  >:(

there's a lot of hugging and kissing at the Worlds' in Berlin right now  ::).  No sign of worry there!

Tc

« Reply #248 on: February 28, 2020, 07:30:39 PM »

Here it is

f you've travelled to the UK from mainland China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia or Macau in the last 14 days and have a cough, fever or shortness of breath - or have been in close contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus - please stay indoors and call NHS 111. Even if symptoms are mild - do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital and avoid close contact with other people. For latest advice, visit the Department of Health website or

I cut out the last bit after "or" as it's a link to a site in case it's dodgy. .  But I went into it myself and it looks like an official Gov.uk page. With latest info about the virus.

Katejo

« Reply #249 on: February 28, 2020, 07:33:03 PM »

I have had one from my GP practice. I also have to attend a first aider training session at work next tuesday. They are putting together special grab bags with extra equipment and instructions.

Tc

« Reply #250 on: February 28, 2020, 07:38:52 PM »

Katejo. Crikey.  :  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #251 on: February 28, 2020, 07:56:14 PM »

Here it is

f you've travelled to the UK from mainland China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia or Macau in the last 14 days and have a cough, fever or shortness of breath - or have been in close contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus - please stay indoors and call NHS 111. Even if symptoms are mild - do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital and avoid close contact with other people. For latest advice, visit the Department of Health website or

I cut out the last bit after "or" as it's a link to a site in case it's dodgy. .  But I went into it myself and it looks like an official Gov.uk page. With latest info about the virus.

Yes that's the same as mine.

Taz x

Tc

« Reply #252 on: February 28, 2020, 08:00:23 PM »

Taz 2.  Must be legit.
Glad it wasnt a dodgy txt with a virus in it 🤣🤣

CLKD

« Reply #253 on: February 28, 2020, 08:09:48 PM »

:lol: you're on Form tonight  :great:

No one has stated how to treat 'flu.  Usually it's pain relief, paracetamol and plenty of fluids.  DH asked me a few moments ago, had I seen any mention of how to actually treat it!

Barnacle

« Reply #254 on: February 28, 2020, 08:47:43 PM »

Some people must be stocking up on food as my supermarket delivery man told me that yesterday and today have been even busier than just before Christmas. Can't say i had considered it, but who really knows how this thing is going to pan out?!!.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 179