Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 194156 times)

Sparrow

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2020, 10:27:01 AM »

Viruses only remain active of surfaces for around 15 minutes.  And as for face masks, next to useless apparently.

The nurses have been moved to hotels for the duration. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2020, 10:51:04 AM »

If 1 sells a face mask the person has to have attended a mask fitting course.  DH was in H&S and responsible for mask fitting  ::) ......

I would worry about 15 mins., surely if the surface it's wiped regularly the Germ mutates  :o [a bit like slime ..........   ;) ]

Photo released this morning shows a coach driver in day clothes with a fully protected passenger, the seats behind appear empty.  Now I would insist on barrier clothing as a driver  :-\
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 10:52:56 AM by CLKD »

sheila99

« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2020, 12:06:46 PM »

Some viruses can live a lot longer than 15mins. Not sure about this one specifically.

Sparrow

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2020, 02:39:59 PM »

If 1 sells a face mask the person has to have attended a mask fitting course.  DH was in H&S and responsible for mask fitting  ::) ......

I would worry about 15 mins., surely if the surface it's wiped regularly the Germ mutates  :o [a bit like slime ..........   ;) ]

Photo released this morning shows a coach driver in day clothes with a fully protected passenger, the seats behind appear empty.  Now I would insist on barrier clothing as a driver  :-\

The two coach drivers will be in two weeks isolation at home.

sheila99

« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2020, 03:47:25 PM »

... spreading it only to their immediate family who can then pass it on to their school mates etc etc.

CLKD

« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2020, 03:58:35 PM »

No barrier nursing there then  :bang: :bang: :bang:  there was never cross infection when I worked in the Hospital because the cleaners were in house and kept to their Wards.  I hope someone somewhere is keeping a note on all this!

Party in a Brewery springs to mind.

sheila99

« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2020, 04:19:58 PM »

They're looking for people who might have been infected by the Chinese tourists. Those who have been in close contact with them for 15 minutes. Why 15 minutes? Is it related to a sloth?

Tc

« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2020, 04:21:40 PM »

I spent hours on Wednesday and Thursday  standing  crammed into rush hour tubes from one side of London to the other. Literally breathing in each others faces.     I now have a sore throat, sneezes and cough  which came on overnight.  It felt innevitable.

I've  never seen so many people on the underground with masks on. Not just the paper ones either.

CLKD

« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2020, 04:54:29 PM »

From where I'm sitting it's farcical.  It's either a dangerous virus or not.  15 mins.?  how is it passed?  touch, air, sneezing .........

When my friend had typhus: years++ ago : he wasn't allowed to sell his fruit and veg., even the pets in the home had to be tested!  He had never been abroad  :o ........

Sparrow

« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2020, 05:39:07 PM »

From where I'm sitting it's farcical.  It's either a dangerous virus or not.  15 mins.?  how is it passed?  touch, air, sneezing .........

When my friend had typhus: years++ ago : he wasn't allowed to sell his fruit and veg., even the pets in the home had to be tested!  He had never been abroad  :o ........

That's probably because Tyhoid is a bacteria and not a virus.

CLKD

« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2020, 08:23:44 PM »

Tnx.  Serious all the same.  So precautions should be treating this virus as high risk - sending the drivers home seems a bit pre-mature!

yellowflower

« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2020, 09:06:43 PM »

Australia is quarantining people on Christmas Island and has now banned travel from mainland China. We have 12 confirmed cases.

The death rate is apparently around 3% which is less than SARS.

Sparrow

« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2020, 06:40:54 AM »

Didn't Prince Phillip say he would like to be reincarnated as a killer virus?  :o

Err, but he's not dead yet.

CLKD

« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2020, 08:38:28 AM »

;D  that could be a whole thread on it's own  :D

sheila99

« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2020, 09:22:27 AM »

And to make a difference it would have to kill millions not hundreds.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 179