Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 196744 times)

Sparrow

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2385 on: July 20, 2020, 06:37:20 AM »

New treatment for covid patients, which reduces the need for ventilation by about 80%.

Interferon Beta.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 06:39:04 AM by Shadyglade »

littleminnie

« Reply #2386 on: July 21, 2020, 01:42:37 PM »

Bought some washable masks from Amazon.   Hope they shrink a bit in the wash otherwise I won’t be able to see where I’m going 😏

ElkWarning

« Reply #2387 on: July 28, 2020, 08:51:43 PM »

Interferon is an interesting treatment, used with hepatitis, has some seriously unpleasant side effects, like drug resistant depression.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #2388 on: July 29, 2020, 06:29:38 PM »

Bought some washable masks from Amazon.   Hope they shrink a bit in the wash otherwise I won’t be able to see where I’m going 😏

Littleminnie I had to buy children's size, one fits perfectly the other, the elastic is too short, so teenagers GF is going to sew longer lengths of elastic on for me. All the adult ones would've been way too big on me, as hubby's ones were enormous!

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #2389 on: July 31, 2020, 06:29:14 PM »

A bit of a rant, I go to the supermarket & butchers once a week. I went to Tesco on Monday all the staff on shop floor were wearing masks, but I got to till lady wasn't. Yes they have a screen along the side where you briefly pass, but where you are packing at the end no screen and they are not two metres away, so no protection for the customer.
At the butchers no screens and staff are not wearing masks, what's is the point!! >:(

Sparrow

« Reply #2390 on: July 31, 2020, 06:43:27 PM »

A bit of a rant, I go to the supermarket & butchers once a week. I went to Tesco on Monday all the staff on shop floor were wearing masks, but I got to till lady wasn't. Yes they have a screen along the side where you briefly pass, but where you are packing at the end no screen and they are not two metres away, so no protection for the customer.
At the butchers no screens and staff are not wearing masks, what's is the point!! >:(

Exactly.

Lots of people not wearing them probably, and also continuously touching them.  Apparently that's a very good way of giving yourself the virus.

What is the point?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2391 on: July 31, 2020, 07:18:27 PM »

Our butchers aren't covered either but it doesn't bother me.  They move around so quickly and there is a draught throughout the shop. ;-). 

No protection for the lady on the till either ? 

Our GP staff don't wear masks but insist on patients as well as us having to use a medicated cloth to wipe door handles, so I did a thorough clean this morning  ;D - I soaked a cloth and did the handles and letter box ...........

Places across the UK going into lockdown again.  We don't know if we are riding a kite or flying a bike  :o.  A good reason to keep buying in our village shop and not venture too far where there might be people  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #2392 on: August 01, 2020, 02:34:10 PM »

Pubs or "other activities" in England may need to close to allow schools to reopen next month, a scientist advising the government has said.

It's getting ridiculous now.  Children are known as silent spreaders.  Adults are known to think that current rules don't apply to them ...... why should my activities be interrupted in order for kids to go to school?  How much relaxation of guidelines has been in order to get industries back to work ........... wishing guidelines?  How many industries will go under completely if changes continue to be made?

suzysunday

« Reply #2393 on: August 01, 2020, 03:48:31 PM »

How many times can they keep opening and shutting things so people don't know when they can open their business, like the ones who were prepared to open today but can't. I know the virus is serious but so are people's livelihoods, and it's all getting more and more stressful. 

Sparrow

« Reply #2394 on: August 01, 2020, 04:14:57 PM »

I have got to the point of total disbelief in anything the government says, and their reasoning.  Following the science is just an excuse to blame the scientists.

Me and mine are now quietly getting on with things and doing what we think is best for us.

A total and complete 'balls up'.  >:(

Kathleen

« Reply #2395 on: August 01, 2020, 04:37:43 PM »

Hello ladies

I agree that the official response to the crisis has been woeful and I decided some time ago to listen to reputable sources and behave in a sensible manner.

In the supermarkets I use most till workers wear masks but one lady doesn't . When I asked her why she said they made her glasses steam up. I got the impression she had other reasons and it maybe that staff can refuse to wear them provided it is at their own risk.

Fortunately there have been very few COVID  cases where I live but I imagine the more people you know who have had the disease, the more cautious you are.

I have experimented with a few types of fabric masks and today I took delivery of one made from linen. It is very comfortable and feels much easier to breathe through than the cotton ones.

Wishing you well ladies.

K.

Barnacle

« Reply #2396 on: August 01, 2020, 05:04:01 PM »

Chris Whitty said 'We have probably reached the limit of what we can do', and today i read that pubs may need to be shut to allow schools to open in September. They might make their bleedin' minds up one day!

We went to Wells for the day on Wednesday and people on the beach were well spread out and it all felt ok. I'm glad we didn't wait until Friday to go because i'm sure it wouldn't have felt quite the same.

CLKD

« Reply #2397 on: August 01, 2020, 06:25:33 PM »

Wells Next The Sea - one can soon get out of the way of others ;-).  Characteristic beach huts.  Pine trees still there or were they washed away in the storms years ago?

I think it far more important to get companies back to work and getting them stable economically, than getting children into school.  The way to do it in my opinion is that anyone with children who require schooling, are told by Boris not to visit public spaces but to isolate as much as possible: no pubs., crowded beaches, play parks, MacDonalds ......... sometimes 1 has to point out the best way of keeping others safe ?  If companies go bust children may find themselves without a parent who may commit suicide, which may lead to losing the roof over their heads  :-\ - = more stress on an already overstretched social problem.

I don't get the connection between pubs and schools  :-\

Barnacle

« Reply #2398 on: August 01, 2020, 06:32:59 PM »

Trees still there, CLKD. We park in the car park right near them, up and down the steps and then you are on the beach. I love those beach huts!  :)

CLKD

« Reply #2399 on: August 01, 2020, 06:34:20 PM »

Phew, tnx.  People do get cut off by the Tide there ........ a few years ago DH and I stayed in a B&B so enjoyed several days there, walking from the town to the beach which we hadn't done previously.  Small car park still there.  Lifeboat there.  We love Holt too ;-)

Were people wearing masks?
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 179